Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester 11:52 - Aug 2 with 9687 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:41 - Aug 2 with 1353 viewstractorboy1978

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:34 - Aug 2 by Rozz

Says?

A couple of national journalists, what I was told a couple of weeks ago by someone I trust and I believe Phil even said on here recently he suspected we'd still sign him. If he ended up being allowed out on loan we thought we were at the front of the queue.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:42 - Aug 2 with 1350 viewshammo56

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:36 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Simms terms had been agreed with the player, was all about negotiations with the club, same as Rak Sakyi, other parties rocked up and said they’d pay more and we moved on, the “Ipswich story” just doesn’t work above League 1, it’s all about the money and we won’t pay more than we decide we want to. Unfortunately for us, the laws of supply/demand are at work here, the League doesn’t work based on our valuation, but rather what anybody is willing to pay.

As you know so much about the negotiations I can only assume you’re Mark Ashton.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:42 - Aug 2 with 1330 viewsStewart27

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:58 - Aug 2 by portmanking

*Sigh*

We're discovering the brutal reality of not eating at the same table financially as the relegated PL 'elite'.

Let's hope our Plan Bs and Cs come to fruition and our style of play, structure and team spirit can still take us far.

I really, really hope people weren’t naive enough to think any different at any part of this summer.

We’re a long way off the PL elite that got relegated. Hopefully people do realise that.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:46 - Aug 2 with 1298 viewsredrickstuhaart

Simms terms had been agreed with the player, was all about negotiations with the club, same as Rak Sakyi, other parties rocked up and said they’d pay more and we moved on, the “Ipswich story” just doesn’t work above League 1, it’s all about the money and we won’t pay more than we decide we want to. Unfortunately for us, the laws of supply/demand are at work here, the League doesn’t work based on our valuation, but rather what anybody is willing to pay.

So. Are you Simms' agent, Simms himself, or Mark Ashton's secretary., or the club's solicitor(s). If none of those, you are making this up.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:48 - Aug 2 with 1284 viewsParky

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:21 - Aug 2 by Rozz

It's been off since Hutchinson signed. I think they wanted to keep him for preseason and we didn't want to wait and miss out.

That’s not true, we wanted both.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:49 - Aug 2 with 1281 viewsLankHenners

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:41 - Aug 2 by BigCommon

Personally didn't fancy him tbh... Decent player going forwards, if a bit streaky. But workrate and defensive duties asked of all our players, is not something I've seen much from him.... See 6-0 verses Charlton..
A luxury player, that his parent club probably want guaranteed minutes for..
Is he the kind of player that will roll up his sleeves and fight for the cause?..Debatable, imo... And probably not really something that's in his skill set.
I'm really not too aggrieved by this one.

Very weird attitude this summer with people deciding players we don't get are suddenly bad and we don't need them.

An outstanding player in league one last season now likely going to the heavy favourites for Championship champions and now he's being characterised as lazy and not good enough.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:50 - Aug 2 with 1254 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:40 - Aug 2 by Keno

so basically you think we should be paying over the odds for players?

Ive a car for sale can I sell it you?

No such thing as “over the odds” here, just what people are/aren’t willing to pay for a player. The important thing to note here, is that he was our top target for the 9 position and we didn’t get him.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 with 1239 viewsRozz

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:41 - Aug 2 by tractorboy1978

A couple of national journalists, what I was told a couple of weeks ago by someone I trust and I believe Phil even said on here recently he suspected we'd still sign him. If he ended up being allowed out on loan we thought we were at the front of the queue.

As far as I can see the national journalists are just rehashing the story from weeks ago. Phil said at the time of Hutchinson signing that he thought this would end our interest, unless I've missed an update.

Moreover, given we are absolutely in for a senior centreback as a priority, don't we need to ship someone out to accomodate another attacking midfielder on loan?

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt we were in for him at one point and of course Ashton would have kept this warm as anything can happen. Glad we've looked elsewhere, though.
Login to get fewer ads

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 with 1235 viewsVic

Leicester are building some squad aren't they.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 with 1234 viewsredrickstuhaart

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:49 - Aug 2 by LankHenners

Very weird attitude this summer with people deciding players we don't get are suddenly bad and we don't need them.

An outstanding player in league one last season now likely going to the heavy favourites for Championship champions and now he's being characterised as lazy and not good enough.

Very weird attitude this summer, with a few trolls here claiming to know for certain who we are after and then making claims about things they clearly don't know with any certainty, if we don't get players that the club has never actually said we have made bids for.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:54 - Aug 2 with 1219 viewsitfc_bucks

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:25 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Recruitment has been a mess I’m afraid, we are entering the season under strength, with injuries to the existing squad and none of the “new” targets the gaffer wanted for the Championship on board, I don’t see how anyone can think that is a success.

crikey - you're a ray of sunshine, aren't you?!
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:58 - Aug 2 with 1158 viewsLankHenners

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 by redrickstuhaart

Very weird attitude this summer, with a few trolls here claiming to know for certain who we are after and then making claims about things they clearly don't know with any certainty, if we don't get players that the club has never actually said we have made bids for.

There are obviously people talking nonsense but the idea that no-one can know anything if it hasn't been communicated by the club is a bit silly.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:59 - Aug 2 with 1150 viewstractorboy1978

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 by Rozz

As far as I can see the national journalists are just rehashing the story from weeks ago. Phil said at the time of Hutchinson signing that he thought this would end our interest, unless I've missed an update.

Moreover, given we are absolutely in for a senior centreback as a priority, don't we need to ship someone out to accomodate another attacking midfielder on loan?

Don't get me wrong, I don't doubt we were in for him at one point and of course Ashton would have kept this warm as anything can happen. Glad we've looked elsewhere, though.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:59 - Aug 2 with 1149 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 by Rozz

I’d imagine that when we discovered Leicester were interested in Rak Sakyi, we stepped up our pursuit of others on the list, Hutchinson being next in line, I assume.

So far, we’ve also missed out on all our CB targets, so things are far from rosey, what ever way you look at it, we will end up with players who were well down the target list, not the ones the gaffer thought would really improve the squad.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:59 - Aug 2 with 1138 viewsEastAnglianBoy

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:58 - Aug 2 by portmanking

*Sigh*

We're discovering the brutal reality of not eating at the same table financially as the relegated PL 'elite'.

Let's hope our Plan Bs and Cs come to fruition and our style of play, structure and team spirit can still take us far.

Are you having a laugh? Is he having a laugh?

We blew every other L1 team out of the water in financial terms and now it's a little bit difficult we're bemoaning "the brutal reality".

Yet the reality wasnt a problem when WE were the ones with the biggest wage and transfer budget in the league last season? Okay then..
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:02 - Aug 2 with 1103 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

A blow seeing as we've been waiting all summer for Palace to make him available. I think Hutchinson eases the blow, but there has still been talk of JSR since Hutchinson signed.

Not too concerned, would've been a good player for us in terms of ball retention in this league and being on the receiving end of fouls to break the play up etc - but in a role where we have Broadhead, Harness, Hutchinson, Edwards, Chaplin, Aluko, Burns & Jackson, it isn't a position we are short in.

I still think we need a centre back, centre midfielder and centre forward. They are more of a priority than JSR.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:04 - Aug 2 with 1072 viewsSitfcB

You know fûck all.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:05 - Aug 2 with 1058 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:54 - Aug 2 by itfc_bucks

crikey - you're a ray of sunshine, aren't you?!

I’m just completely underwhelmed by the business we’ve conducted so far, we are a few days away from the seasons opening game and we have failed to sign the players the gaffer wanted, that’s disappointing from any angle.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:06 - Aug 2 with 1057 viewsVic

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:31 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

It was meant to be done and dusted, same as Simms, but as soon as other parties registered interest, we wouldn’t compete as the price would have been beyond our valuation (even in loan costs) everyone else was prepared to pay more money than us and that’s all that counts at this level.

So which bit of that is 'a mess'? A mess that these players even considered coming to us? A mess that we get blown out of the water by other clubs with a bigger budget?

Sorry - I'm struggling to understand your constant criticism. Player identification seems spot on (again) to me; we've stepped up into a different group pf clubs and don't have the same clout as in league one. What do you suppose we do? Break the bank by offering fees and terms we can't afford?

I'm glad we're identifying and going for these better quality players. But realistic enough to accept that this time round at least we're not going to get many of our number one targets.

FWIW, I suspect the management at the club will only purchase/loan in players that are clearly better than we have - hence the type of players we've been linked to but missed out on. It suggests that they are reasonably happy to go into the season with the squad that we have if we have to.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:10 - Aug 2 with 1013 viewsBlueNomad

It was meant to be done and dusted, same as Simms, but as soon as other parties registered interest, we wouldn’t compete as the price would have been beyond our valuation (even in loan costs) everyone else was prepared to pay more money than us and that’s all that counts at this level.

It was “meant to be done” according to some on here. Why do people persist in thinking they know what the club are doing? It was claimed that Batistuta was coming!
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:11 - Aug 2 with 992 viewsMaySixth

Absolute nonsense
Olise is injured

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:12 - Aug 2 with 979 viewsredrickstuhaart

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:58 - Aug 2 by LankHenners

There are obviously people talking nonsense but the idea that no-one can know anything if it hasn't been communicated by the club is a bit silly.

Not what was said.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:13 - Aug 2 with 976 viewsMaySixth

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:05 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

I’m just completely underwhelmed by the business we’ve conducted so far, we are a few days away from the seasons opening game and we have failed to sign the players the gaffer wanted, that’s disappointing from any angle.

Cheers

Poll: Ladapo or Hirst to start up front against Peterborough?

There's just as many... on 13:14 - Aug 2 with 950 viewsBloots

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 by redrickstuhaart

...trolls on here claiming that we definitely weren't in for any of these players.

Swings and roundabouts innit.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:16 - Aug 2 with 921 viewsBiGDonnie

Why is this budgie still allowed to post on here?

No way we wanted Rak after we'd signed Hutchinson.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024