Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester 11:52 - Aug 2 with 9686 viewshype313

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:17 - Aug 2 with 1874 viewsRozz

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:59 - Aug 2 by tractorboy1978

Have seen. It was widely reported we were leading the race to sign him weeks ago.

I don't think it's quite the 'big blow' being quoted post the signing of Omari Hutchinson, not least because we can't actually fit him in the squad.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:18 - Aug 2 with 1865 viewsredrickstuhaart

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:17 - Aug 2 by Rozz

Have seen. It was widely reported we were leading the race to sign him weeks ago.

I don't think it's quite the 'big blow' being quoted post the signing of Omari Hutchinson, not least because we can't actually fit him in the squad.

Let's just remind ourselves how "widely reported" the signings of Broadhead and Clarke were last year.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:19 - Aug 2 with 1839 viewsTalkingBlues

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:06 - Aug 2 by Vic

So which bit of that is 'a mess'? A mess that these players even considered coming to us? A mess that we get blown out of the water by other clubs with a bigger budget?

Sorry - I'm struggling to understand your constant criticism. Player identification seems spot on (again) to me; we've stepped up into a different group pf clubs and don't have the same clout as in league one. What do you suppose we do? Break the bank by offering fees and terms we can't afford?

I'm glad we're identifying and going for these better quality players. But realistic enough to accept that this time round at least we're not going to get many of our number one targets.

FWIW, I suspect the management at the club will only purchase/loan in players that are clearly better than we have - hence the type of players we've been linked to but missed out on. It suggests that they are reasonably happy to go into the season with the squad that we have if we have to.

If you are targeting Prem fringe players that are highly regarded and already have some evidence of success, it’s going to cost you a lot of money and you will have competition for the signature. The first sign of other clubs showing interest in our targets, we’ve given up, we have been very naive and it’s a bit embarrassing tbh.

Trying to buy Champagne with beer money.

Poll: Is it wrong to take more pleasure from seeing Germany lose, than England win

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:21 - Aug 2 with 1829 viewsExiled2Surrey

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:52 - Aug 2 by Vic

Leicester are building some squad aren't they.

Open question - do we think he would be a starter, either for us or indeed Leicester?

I get the fact that this is a squad game and he will get minutes most weeks from the bench, but I would be a bit surprised if he is going to spend time on the bench at Leicester rather than spending time on the bench at Crystal Palace.

If they do think he is a starter in the Midlands, I think that says quite a lot about the squad they are pulling together there...
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:23 - Aug 2 with 1801 viewsReusersTown

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:58 - Aug 2 by portmanking

*Sigh*

We're discovering the brutal reality of not eating at the same table financially as the relegated PL 'elite'.

Let's hope our Plan Bs and Cs come to fruition and our style of play, structure and team spirit can still take us far.

Please, Plan A or B is already in the building!
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:24 - Aug 2 with 1777 viewspointofblue

I assume Hutchinson was signed in place of Rak-Sakyi rather than alongside. Whether that's because Palace wanted to keep him for longer whilst we wanted someone in, or we knew Leicester were interested so learned from last summer and moved on to another target rather than waiting and panicking at the end of August.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:25 - Aug 2 with 1772 viewsVaughan8

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 11:58 - Aug 2 by portmanking

*Sigh*

We're discovering the brutal reality of not eating at the same table financially as the relegated PL 'elite'.

Let's hope our Plan Bs and Cs come to fruition and our style of play, structure and team spirit can still take us far.

This is probably what other L1 clubs thought about us last season.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:26 - Aug 2 with 1752 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:41 - Aug 2 by BigCommon

Personally didn't fancy him tbh... Decent player going forwards, if a bit streaky. But workrate and defensive duties asked of all our players, is not something I've seen much from him.... See 6-0 verses Charlton..
A luxury player, that his parent club probably want guaranteed minutes for..
Is he the kind of player that will roll up his sleeves and fight for the cause?..Debatable, imo... And probably not really something that's in his skill set.
I'm really not too aggrieved by this one.

Yep I can tell you haven't watched Rak Sakyi play before...

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Login to get fewer ads

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:31 - Aug 2 with 1708 viewsBigCommon

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:49 - Aug 2 by LankHenners

Very weird attitude this summer with people deciding players we don't get are suddenly bad and we don't need them.

An outstanding player in league one last season now likely going to the heavy favourites for Championship champions and now he's being characterised as lazy and not good enough.

It's nothing sudden at all. I never really fancied him from the off...
And to be totally honest, I've heard nothing legit coming out of the club to say the KM did, either..
There's a section of fans that seemed to assume we were interested in him. Based on a streaky season in L1.
And yeah, no doubt he'll do well at Leicester, given that they will steamroll a lot of teams this season, in theory. Nice easy option for him, if it goes through. He wont be needing to roll up his sleeves, too often.
Given how we started adjusting our game plan last season, and playing more direct against tougher opposition. I thought Burns arial ability , nodding balls inside to Chaplin, Broady, and Hirst, was a useful tool to have.
Plus his ability to track back, and the overall, intense pressing from our front lads.? Saw none of that from Rak Saki, all season..
He may have a higher ceiling than some of our lads. But , for me, he's not ideal, atm.
It's all about opinions....
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:32 - Aug 2 with 1696 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:31 - Aug 2 by BigCommon

And to be totally honest, I've heard nothing legit coming out of the club to say the KM did, either..
There's a section of fans that seemed to assume we were interested in him. Based on a streaky season in L1.
And yeah, no doubt he'll do well at Leicester, given that they will steamroll a lot of teams this season, in theory. Nice easy option for him, if it goes through. He wont be needing to roll up his sleeves, too often.
Given how we started adjusting our game plan last season, and playing more direct against tougher opposition. I thought Burns arial ability , nodding balls inside to Chaplin, Broady, and Hirst, was a useful tool to have.
Plus his ability to track back, and the overall, intense pressing from our front lads.? Saw none of that from Rak Saki, all season..
He may have a higher ceiling than some of our lads. But , for me, he's not ideal, atm.

Its been pretty well reported from all outlets. TWTD, EADT and the national news that Mckenna has wanted JRS since last January.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:34 - Aug 2 with 1671 viewsKeno

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:50 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

No such thing as “over the odds” here, just what people are/aren’t willing to pay for a player. The important thing to note here, is that he was our top target for the 9 position and we didn’t get him.

Yes there is 'over the odds'

Lets say I'm selling my Reliant Robin for £5,000 but all you can afford in £4,000 if you end up buying it by begging, borrowing, stealing the money that you have paid over your odds.

In your world affordability doesnt seem to be an issue

You can have mr Reliant Robin for £10K by the way
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 13:40]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:34 - Aug 2 with 1669 viewshype313

He was anonymous for Charlton at PR, but we were on fire at that point and when your midfield has Scott Fraser in it, who has the turning circle of the QE2 and the pace of Rik Waller, then you clearly won't get many chances with the ball.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:35 - Aug 2 with 1663 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:31 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

It was meant to be done and dusted, same as Simms, but as soon as other parties registered interest, we wouldn’t compete as the price would have been beyond our valuation (even in loan costs) everyone else was prepared to pay more money than us and that’s all that counts at this level.

Done and dusted as in fee agreed, personal terms agreed, contract drawn up?

No.

Not done and dusted

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:39 - Aug 2 with 1633 viewshype313

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:35 - Aug 2 by BlueandTruesince82

Done and dusted as in fee agreed, personal terms agreed, contract drawn up?

No.

Not done and dusted

Indeed, done and dusted is parading around PR being interviewed by our Media team having signed.

Ian Crook wasn't even done and dusted despite him holding our shirt.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:40 - Aug 2 with 1623 viewsLegendofthePhoenix

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:16 - Aug 2 by BiGDonnie

Why is this budgie still allowed to post on here?

No way we wanted Rak after we'd signed Hutchinson.

A year or so ago, I got roasted on here when I suggested that we had a few scummers trolling under the guise of being Town fans. I recall being told that we didn't have any but if we did they would be banned .

Poll: would you rather

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:46 - Aug 2 with 1554 viewsLankHenners

We do/did want him and while everyone has opinions your one is a load of twaddle.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:46 - Aug 2 with 1547 viewsBiGDonnie

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:40 - Aug 2 by LegendofthePhoenix

A year or so ago, I got roasted on here when I suggested that we had a few scummers trolling under the guise of being Town fans. I recall being told that we didn't have any but if we did they would be banned .

We've currently got...
talkingsh*te
naylorsrightboot
frimleyblue
itfcblues
elephantintheroom

There are definitely others too.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 13:53]

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:52 - Aug 2 with 1497 viewshype313

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:46 - Aug 2 by BiGDonnie

We've currently got...
talkingsh*te
naylorsrightboot
frimleyblue
itfcblues
elephantintheroom

There are definitely others too.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2023 13:53]

Steward's on Elephantintheroom too.

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:53 - Aug 2 with 1470 viewsBiGDonnie

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:52 - Aug 2 by hype313

Steward's on Elephantintheroom too.

Ah yes, how the fook did I forget that clown. Edited.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:54 - Aug 2 with 1465 viewsitfcjoe

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:18 - Aug 2 by redrickstuhaart

Let's just remind ourselves how "widely reported" the signings of Broadhead and Clarke were last year.

Not great examples because they were 2 transfers that were reported lots before we signed them, Broadhead especially was all over the Sunderland press as his representatives tried to flush them out to beat us to the punch on the deal as that was his preference

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:56 - Aug 2 with 1435 viewsEly_Blue

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:02 - Aug 2 by Keno

its a real debacle now

we might just as well give up and start next season back in league one again

I assume this is sarcasm

Poll: Will you still buy a Season Ticket for next year in league 1

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:56 - Aug 2 with 1433 viewsredrickstuhaart

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:54 - Aug 2 by itfcjoe

Not great examples because they were 2 transfers that were reported lots before we signed them, Broadhead especially was all over the Sunderland press as his representatives tried to flush them out to beat us to the punch on the deal as that was his preference

Neither was widely reported for weeks and months beforehand.
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:59 - Aug 2 with 1400 viewsBigCommon

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:32 - Aug 2 by TRUE_BLUE123

Its been pretty well reported from all outlets. TWTD, EADT and the national news that Mckenna has wanted JRS since last January.

Fare enough, haven't seen a lot in this window tbh, regarding RS, apart from being a name in the hat by some fans...
I'm not saying he's not a good player. I'm just not overly disappointed that he won't be here..
Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 14:01 - Aug 2 with 1370 viewsGeoffSentence

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 12:25 - Aug 2 by TalkingBlues

Recruitment has been a mess I’m afraid, we are entering the season under strength, with injuries to the existing squad and none of the “new” targets the gaffer wanted for the Championship on board, I don’t see how anyone can think that is a success.

Uppy for the belly laugh. You are funny.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 14:04 - Aug 2 with 1323 viewsBigCommon

Rak-Sayki off to Leicester on 13:46 - Aug 2 by LankHenners

We do/did want him and while everyone has opinions your one is a load of twaddle.

I'll take it you disagree then?..
I'm not losing any sleep about Rak Saki. You can, if you like......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024