Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Japan-based TWTDers on here? 16:30 - Aug 8 with 699 viewsSE1blue

Flying to Japan next month and I have a couple of questions about Japanese rail pricing etc.

Would be so grateful for any help.

Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

Any Japan-based TWTDers on here? on 17:21 - Aug 8 with 646 viewsWeWereZombies

I went just before the pandemic and my experience of buying a ticket on the bullet train was slightly painful due to me getting flustered at the ticket window - moral of the tale is get everything clear in your mind to start with, you don't need to buy the most expensive ticket as there is rarely more than urban landscape to see and the train travels so fast you don't even get a chance to appreciate that.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Any Japan-based TWTDers on here? on 18:21 - Aug 8 with 588 viewsSE1blue

Any Japan-based TWTDers on here? on 17:21 - Aug 8 by WeWereZombies

I went just before the pandemic and my experience of buying a ticket on the bullet train was slightly painful due to me getting flustered at the ticket window - moral of the tale is get everything clear in your mind to start with, you don't need to buy the most expensive ticket as there is rarely more than urban landscape to see and the train travels so fast you don't even get a chance to appreciate that.

Good advice thank you.

I'm after information on how to book tickets and if there is a site where I can do this. I know about Japan's Rail Pass options but we are going to be moving around the country slowly, so it's no use to us. I need to find where I can look at booking individual tickets. Totally appreciate you might know nothing about that though.

Any Japan-based TWTDers on here? on 18:43 - Aug 8 with 553 viewsTMWWNGAS

Went to Tokyo in March.

If you are in one place, get a passimo or suica card and load it up the subway is quite easy to navigate also Google maps is your friend! Depending on phone I'd say get a Japanese sim card for data
Any Japan-based TWTDers on here? on 18:51 - Aug 8 with 539 viewsSE1blue

Any Japan-based TWTDers on here? on 18:43 - Aug 8 by TMWWNGAS

Went to Tokyo in March.

If you are in one place, get a passimo or suica card and load it up the subway is quite easy to navigate also Google maps is your friend! Depending on phone I'd say get a Japanese sim card for data

Thanks! That's very useful too.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024