Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Drones - advice please? 09:09 - Aug 9 with 1194 viewsZx1988

I'm considering purchasing a drone for a mixture of personal and professional use (happy with all the various licensing requirements etc.,), but it's such a confusing market out there with the mixture of the usual 'known' brands alongside all sort of no-mark Chinese stuff that may or may not be any good...

Having never flown a drone before, has anyone got any recommendations on any that might be particularly user-friendly, whilst taking reasonable photographs and not being eye-wateringly expensive?

The DJI Mini 2/3 is standing out to me as a particular option:

https://store.dji.com/uk/product/dji-mini-3?from=store-nav&vid=128001

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Drones - advice please? on 09:12 - Aug 9 with 1173 viewsNthQldITFC

My advice is don't come near me and my catapult!

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Drones - advice please? on 09:23 - Aug 9 with 1128 viewsCrockerITFC

Please read up on all of the regulations and Drone laws first, thanks
Drones - advice please? on 09:24 - Aug 9 with 1125 viewsbrazil1982

I have a DJI Mavic, it produces superb images and video footage. Very easy to operate.

I would recommend purchasing extra batteries, spare blades and the DJI insurance for replacement / loss.

The Mini will struggle in some conditions - remember it can be a lot windier 10 metres up!
Drones - advice please? on 09:25 - Aug 9 with 1113 viewsZx1988

Drones - advice please? on 09:23 - Aug 9 by CrockerITFC

Please read up on all of the regulations and Drone laws first, thanks

Please see my comments in the original post, thanks.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Drones - advice please? on 09:54 - Aug 9 with 1060 viewsMattinLondon

Out of curiosity I flipped through the guidelines or laws regarding drones. Basically most of the drone users that I’ve seen flying them have been breaking the law - didn’t realise that it was so regulated.
Drones - advice please? on 09:56 - Aug 9 with 1052 viewsitfcjoe

I've got a DJI Mini that we use for work and it is fantastic, sure we use about 5% of the capability of it as well but would highly recommend

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Drones - advice please? on 09:58 - Aug 9 with 1040 viewsemergencylime

I was considering one and quickly got lost in youtube reviews, but this channel is a good starting point:

His 2022 equivalent video had 2m views and he uses drones for work, I found it more useful than some influencer who got offered a few £199 drones to say nice things about.

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

Drones - advice please? on 10:24 - Aug 9 with 982 viewsbrazil1982

Drones - advice please? on 09:54 - Aug 9 by MattinLondon

Out of curiosity I flipped through the guidelines or laws regarding drones. Basically most of the drone users that I’ve seen flying them have been breaking the law - didn’t realise that it was so regulated.

Yes, there are blatant disregard for the flying rules unless they have a GVC certificate. I guess this has limited my flying and photography so I am quite selective, and I have never flown the drone in an urban area, as much as I would like to.

I would also recommend UAVhub training for online drone course, I have done the CAA A2 with them.
Login to get fewer ads

Drones - advice please? on 13:11 - Aug 9 with 879 viewsThe_Realist_09

Drones - advice please? on 09:54 - Aug 9 by MattinLondon

I think it's very lenient if the drone is under 250g, such as the mini versions.
Drones - advice please? on 14:59 - Aug 9 with 818 viewsKeno

These are quite good, made in Scotland

[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 15:00]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024