Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Migrant Breakfast Benefits 13:25 - Aug 9 with 18597 viewsMullet

I get she's a Daily Heil right-wing shill, but apart from this being a classic from their playbook it does raise a really interesting question about using child poverty as political currency doesn't it?

Having seen kids who go hungry regularly, it seems a bit odd to do the whole "these barges are too luxurious/not punishing enough" routine whilst highlighting one of the biggest sources of shame caused by the government's approach.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 13:43 - Aug 9 with 6758 viewsBudapestByBlimp

Is she really trying to make the link that because 15 migrants are having some Cornflakes it has caused 4.2 million British children to starve?
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 13:43 - Aug 9 with 6755 viewsJ2BLUE

Wow, I never buy Kellogg's cereal. Those migrants are so incredibly lucky!

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 13:46 - Aug 9 with 6733 viewsBlueschev

I wonder what her stance is on the two child benefit cap?
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 13:51 - Aug 9 with 6712 viewsStokieBlue

There was bloke interviewed by the BBC yesterday who declared that because they got 3 meals and a shower they were "living like kings".

It's all smoke and mirrors, rather than address the fact that poor government is the reason for kids not having breakfast they point to the bogeyman caged up in a boat that looks like a floating prison.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:02 - Aug 9 with 6652 viewsHerbivore

The thing to be angry at here is a wealthy country where 4.2m people are experiencing food poverty, not that half a dozen asylum seekers have been given some Rice Crispies. I'd like to say the public aren't dim enough to fall for this obvious smokescreen, but Brexit and 13 years of the Tories suggests otherwise.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:02 - Aug 9 with 6649 viewsleitrimblue

It's feck1n incredible that the news story isn't 4.2 million Brits are living in food poverty after over a decade of a Tory government.
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:06 - Aug 9 with 6619 viewsHARRY10

Not to be out done by 30p Lee in the Tory thicko stakes, up pops the diminutive Patel to grab first place.

Which government has caused/oversees this child poverty ?

Which government is responsible for feeding asylum seekers ?

What next, a Tory minister whinging how some people are managing to see a doctor while there are over seven million on the hospital waiting list ?
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:26 - Aug 9 with 6528 viewsGeoffSentence

Is she saying that we don't treat refugees badly enough or we don't treat children well enough?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Login to get fewer ads

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:29 - Aug 9 with 6495 viewsjayessess

*4.2 million Brits in food poverty who Platell/The Daily Mail also super don't care about.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:34 - Aug 9 with 6453 viewsEireannach_gorm

The obvious solution to child poverty is more barges.
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:36 - Aug 9 with 6444 viewsjontysnut

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 13:43 - Aug 9 by J2BLUE

Wow, I never buy Kellogg's cereal. Those migrants are so incredibly lucky!

I read somewhere that it would be cheaper to charter a cruise liner for a year than pay for the barge. It's not migrants that are costing us millions, it people giving ridiculous contracts to their mates.
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:39 - Aug 9 with 6422 viewsSwansea_Blue

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:02 - Aug 9 by Herbivore

The thing to be angry at here is a wealthy country where 4.2m people are experiencing food poverty, not that half a dozen asylum seekers have been given some Rice Crispies. I'd like to say the public aren't dim enough to fall for this obvious smokescreen, but Brexit and 13 years of the Tories suggests otherwise.

It’s not just Rice Crispies though, is it? They’re getting Corn Flakes too!!!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:55 - Aug 9 with 6374 viewsBlueschev

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 14:34 - Aug 9 by Eireannach_gorm

The obvious solution to child poverty is more barges.

You fool, it's clear the answer is to prevent "illegals" from having breakfast. Just needs a catchy slogan. I propose 'stop the oats'.
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:11 - Aug 9 with 6332 viewsBlueBadger

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:27 - Aug 9 with 6295 viewsKeno

Is she suggesting we feed migrants to children?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 15:38]

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:34 - Aug 9 with 6277 viewsBlueBadger

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:27 - Aug 9 by Keno

Is she suggesting we feed migrants to children?
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 15:38]

*Is she suggesting we feed migrants too, children?
*Is she suggesting we feed migrants to children?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:36 - Aug 9 with 6278 viewsblueasfook

i did read though that the barge was previously used for accomodation for oil workers not some prison barge that some sections of the media/virtue signallers are making it out to be.

I presume there was mass protests to prevent poor oil workers being housed on it?

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:38 - Aug 9 with 6246 viewsKeno

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:34 - Aug 9 by BlueBadger

*Is she suggesting we feed migrants too, children?
*Is she suggesting we feed migrants to children?

s she suggesting we feed migrants two children

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

They weren't scared.... on 15:39 - Aug 9 with 6246 viewsBloots

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:36 - Aug 9 by blueasfook

i did read though that the barge was previously used for accomodation for oil workers not some prison barge that some sections of the media/virtue signallers are making it out to be.

I presume there was mass protests to prevent poor oil workers being housed on it?

....of the water though.

So they don't count.

Tick, tock....

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

They weren't scared.... on 15:43 - Aug 9 with 6240 viewsblueasfook

They weren't scared.... on 15:39 - Aug 9 by Bloots

....of the water though.

So they don't count.

Tick, tock....

When I first moved to Ipswich as a penniless graduate to start work for BT in 1999, i had to live in the YMCA on Norwich Rd for a few months til I got enough money together to afford a deposit for a proper place to live.

Let me tell you, I would much rather stay on that barge than Ipswich YMCA!

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:46 - Aug 9 with 6214 viewspointofblue

They really are trying to return to the era of Dickens, only being happy if the migrants are fed gruel.

And the 4.2m children in poverty? Stick them in the workhouse, obviously. Can't be any other way to help them out of it.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:52 - Aug 9 with 6185 viewseireblue

I think, I could be wrong here, that oil workers tend to do things like work on schedules such as three weeks on, one week off, and get paid sooooo much, they can afford Dorset Cereals Glorious Nutty Muesli from Waitrose.
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:57 - Aug 9 with 6146 viewsHARRY10

poor rightie, ever desperate to peddle his master's words

This thing was designed to house 227 men. It will now more double that figure to 500 - with communal areas being converted to house 6-8 men.

Now my little cap doffer. There was a good reason for it only housing 227 workers. Primarily fire safety. The maximum number that can be safely evacuated were there to be a fire.

But of cousre this is the self proclaimed party of law and order..... except when it comes to protect UK citizens, hence Brexit and it's intent to be rid of such regulations. Grenfell.

And anyone defending UK law is condemned by the righties

"we ain't evin' none of that there safety stuff, it corst our betters money, cor blimeys, if stuff wos good enuff for workers in them Victorian days, it is good enuff for the likes of huss now" /i}
Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:57 - Aug 9 with 6158 viewsblueasfook

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 15:52 - Aug 9 by eireblue

I think, I could be wrong here, that oil workers tend to do things like work on schedules such as three weeks on, one week off, and get paid sooooo much, they can afford Dorset Cereals Glorious Nutty Muesli from Waitrose.

So? what's your point? We are talking about the standard of the accomodation. It was good enough for oil workers, yet not good enough for illegal migrants?

Migrant Breakfast Benefits on 16:04 - Aug 9 with 6087 viewsStokieBlue

Why would there be protests about well paid oil workers living somewhere they choose to live?

From you post I can only assume one of two things:

1) You want migrants to be paid a good wage
or
2) You want migrants to be able to choose to live somewhere better

The false equivalence you have drawn is that whilst oil workers get both these choices, migrants get neither.

SB
[Post edited 9 Aug 2023 16:06]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024