Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LA 16:27 - Aug 10 with 2697 viewsFrimleyBlue

About to have a day tour around LA.
Apart from the usual things like Hollywood etc any other recommendations on what to visit?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

LA on 16:28 - Aug 10 with 2424 viewseireblue

Prepare at least the evening before or you’ll miss sooooo much.
LA on 16:34 - Aug 10 with 2375 viewsnodge_blue

I remember the walk with all the stars in the pavement, reminded me of yarmouth sea front.

Saw ian marshall in the airport coming home. He disappeared down the virgin first class lane though.

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

LA on 16:37 - Aug 10 with 2362 viewsemergencylime

I liked Griffith Observatory. Especially going early evening, so when you come out you get a great view of LA grid layout lit up.
Or a high up view of light pollution, depending on your take.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 16:41]

Poll: Another Tragical Vegas poll. Would you rather?

LA on 16:46 - Aug 10 with 2325 viewshoppy

LA on 16:34 - Aug 10 by nodge_blue

I remember the walk with all the stars in the pavement, reminded me of yarmouth sea front.

Saw ian marshall in the airport coming home. He disappeared down the virgin first class lane though.

I'm glad there wasn't an accidental comma in that last sentence - would give a very different slant.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

LA on 16:50 - Aug 10 with 2292 viewsartsbossbeard

Downtown is a poo-hole. Avoid unless there's something decent on at The Staples Center).

Visit Griffiths Observatory - it's my fave LA place. The views are wonderful and the observatory itself is ace.

Spend some time around Santa Monica/Venice - sunset is a great time to go there if poss.

Do Dodgers Stadium for a walkabout and the Skyscraper view from the car park is well worth it.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

LA on 17:16 - Aug 10 with 2222 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

My least favourite place in Cali. Not sure if it’s improved in the last few years, but much of it is a toilet. For somewhere nice I would recommend a cycle along Santa Monica (lovely beach) and Venice (see mutants working out).

Tar pits museum was quite interesting if you are into natural history, and for the evening have you checked for any sports, Clippers/Lakers etc?
LA on 17:21 - Aug 10 with 2209 viewspennblue

We are in LA again today, we spent 4 days there 3 weeks ago and the best thing we did was probably the drive around Hollywood, Bel Air etc.. just interesting to see that area and see where Ali G and Paul McCartney live etc.

Warner Bros Studio Hollywood was ok, we got pics on friends set etc....

But we will be doing a similar path today, beaches, Hollywood, and stars before going to Dodgers game tonight!

Interestingly (or not), we went to Vegas 2 weeks ago and at the airport picked up another family member and when we were there waiting, I bumped into another town fan who is very high up in Disney and now lives in Hollywood.

So if Ed ever wants to do the whole, 'gave up singing to become Town's number 9' type film, we have an 'in'.
[Post edited 10 Aug 2023 17:22]

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

LA on 17:23 - Aug 10 with 2184 viewsthatbdude

LA on 16:34 - Aug 10 by nodge_blue

There's a reason why I call Yarmouth "Los yarmoles" or "The LA of EA"

Poll: Who going down?

Login to get fewer ads

LA on 17:34 - Aug 10 with 2158 viewsbrazil1982

Would love to visit some Laurel and Hardy locations.
LA on 17:36 - Aug 10 with 2157 viewsaeldun

Griffith Observatory is a must. As it’s only a day, personal preferences will play a part, but keep in mind that traffic can be arduous and you don’t want to spend precious time idling on the 405/I-10.
LA on 18:25 - Aug 10 with 2069 viewsbluefunk

Do the Griffith Observatory, Paramount studios is worth the visit, Definitely visit Santa Monica for the beach, the walk and the sunset (other wise LA is a sh*thole)
LA on 18:44 - Aug 10 with 2022 viewsbluelagos

Compton

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

LA on 22:16 - Aug 10 with 1873 viewsCoastalblue

Head out and go to Palm Springs, weirder and more fun imo.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

LA on 22:27 - Aug 10 with 1837 viewsfarkenhell

LA on 18:44 - Aug 10 by bluelagos

Compton

Nasty!
LA on 22:33 - Aug 10 with 1816 viewsfarkenhell

Hollywood is a dirty hole. Go to Beverley Hills if you want to be close to film stars and that sort of cr@p. If you only have a day, then head to Santa Monica, as others have said. Or better still, drive an hour north to Santa Barbara.
LA on 23:08 - Aug 10 with 1775 viewsnodge_blue

LA on 16:46 - Aug 10 by hoppy

I'm glad there wasn't an accidental comma in that last sentence - would give a very different slant.

😂

Ian wasnt big on second class I hear.

LA on 23:13 - Aug 10 with 1769 viewsmylittletown

Manhattan Beach. Lovely, smart and a locals place.
LA on 23:16 - Aug 10 with 1760 viewsnodge_blue

LA on 17:23 - Aug 10 by thatbdude

There's a reason why I call Yarmouth "Los yarmoles" or "The LA of EA"

Here’s James dean and Marilyn monroes golden star, and here’s a shop selling postcards, plastic tat and fake football shirts. Next to another shop selling the same.

And if you go down the street a bit further and study the map supplied by virgin holidays you will find you’ve entered their suggested no go area.

But we recommend you get back in your car, wind your windows up and drive, sorry crawl, 20 miles back across the most congested city traffic system in the world back to your hotel where you can enjoy a perfectly average time in your hotel.

LA on 01:09 - Aug 11 with 1697 viewsNorfolknWay

Haven't been to LA for years and years, so this probably won't be much use.

I do remember quite enjoying strolling along Venice Beach. Loads of stalls and performers there. These Caribbean drum guys were mesmerising, and there was this Echo Man guy, who we couldn't stop listening to. I doubt he's still about though.

If you like music, we went to this place called The Doll Hut which was pretty cool. Although this was back in 1991, I think it's still going. The woman who ran it showed us her photo albums (they were a thing back then) and she was very proud of a pic she had of her and John Entwistle.

She even explained to us who John Entwistle was, which caused my friend to give her an impression of Den from More Bad News. But she didn't get it. I laughed though.
LA on 08:26 - Aug 11 with 1540 viewsRob88

Walk up the hills where the Hollywood sign is. Best thing we did whilst there.
LA on 08:45 - Aug 11 with 1504 viewsBluespeed225

Go to the observatory first thing in morning, 6am, no crowds, have a few drinks in The Rainbow, Lemmys’ outside bit, inside full,of old school Hollywood. Norms diner, perfectly preserved mid century classic, Paramount as said, Laurel and Hardy Music Box steps, Santa Monica. Don’t trip over the homeless tent downtown! La Brea tar pits was interesting.
LA on 12:13 - Aug 11 with 1383 viewsStrimmer

Downtown LA is not nice by any definition but would still reccomend a visit just to have a look and experience it if you're interested in the nitty gritty of america. Ride the subway or bus too. The USA is such a strange place I personally feel its worth not just seeing the good bits.

Other reccs above all about right, plus the Getty is incredible and FREE (minus 20 bucks parking)

Poll: Was it a punch?

LA on 02:11 - Aug 21 with 1013 viewsFrimleyBlue

Bloody timed this trip well

Left LA on Tuesday for florida just seen the news of the floods and earthquake etc.

BTW florida in August. Don't fken do it. Felt like 110 everyday all day. Today's been the coolest all week and its still been 28.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

LA on 03:18 - Aug 21 with 989 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

LA on 16:50 - Aug 10 by artsbossbeard

Downtown is a poo-hole. Avoid unless there's something decent on at The Staples Center).

Visit Griffiths Observatory - it's my fave LA place. The views are wonderful and the observatory itself is ace.

Spend some time around Santa Monica/Venice - sunset is a great time to go there if poss.

Do Dodgers Stadium for a walkabout and the Skyscraper view from the car park is well worth it.

Not all true. Korea town has some of the best food in the United States
LA on 03:19 - Aug 21 with 988 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

LA on 02:11 - Aug 21 by FrimleyBlue

Bloody timed this trip well

Left LA on Tuesday for florida just seen the news of the floods and earthquake etc.

BTW florida in August. Don't fken do it. Felt like 110 everyday all day. Today's been the coolest all week and its still been 28.

FL is hot in august?!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024