Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Looking back to threads from May 11:44 - Aug 18 with 695 viewsPioneerBlue

There was a particular thread, 04 May about what we need this summer.

In summary, our summer business has been much aligned with my expectations, both in positions and maintaining continuity, which brings me to the main point.

How were other’s expectations so far misaligned with mine in terms of expecting big money signings? I appreciate others are way more ITK than me, but it never felt like big change was a sensible course. We may still buy another player or two but maximising the current talents this season and building from there into next has always looked like the progress path.

In May, I said, I would have thought leavers will be (not correct on all).

Coleman and Vlad (Yes, ok Vlad was obviously happy to play his no2 role and is now getting minutes)
Keogh
KVY
Camara loan for football and possibly Evo
Aluko (no but he has his value)
Jackson (no and loads said on this but so far so good this season)

Assume we keep
Luongo
Hirst
TJJ (not totally out of the picture but looking less likely)

Incoming
GK (Yes)
LCD possibly RB (Not yet)
2 x CM one is Luongo (Yes)
RAMf (Yes)
Striker/10 Hirst and TJJ (Yes/ Not yet)

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Looking back to threads from May on 12:01 - Aug 18 with 607 viewstextbackup

We recruited as a championship team when in L1, this was said so many times, and the majority of players we got in were purchased with an eye on them being ready to make the step up.

I’m actually really content and chilled with the squad we have. I’m sure 1/2 will come in still, and maybe if injuries happen we fix short term in Jan.

But for now, I think we are in a really good place

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Looking back to threads from May on 15:56 - Aug 18 with 445 viewsPioneerBlue

Looking back to threads from May on 12:01 - Aug 18 by textbackup

We recruited as a championship team when in L1, this was said so many times, and the majority of players we got in were purchased with an eye on them being ready to make the step up.

I’m actually really content and chilled with the squad we have. I’m sure 1/2 will come in still, and maybe if injuries happen we fix short term in Jan.

But for now, I think we are in a really good place

As a supporter, it also feels we have a real identity and players that fans trust. It’s been years asking for player improvements but finally we have that happening, even those that might have been considered lower performers last year. Adding a high quality player or 2 during this and the next 2 windows could be highly rewarding for the squad without disrupting. Disruption is sometimes the right way to go but not now at this time.

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024