Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ronnie Edwards fee 16:43 - Aug 18 with 2725 viewsstrikalite

Twice as much as I thought he'd be...

https://www.rangersnews.uk/news/chairman-doubts-rangers-will-sign-his-exceptiona
Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:44 - Aug 18 with 2667 viewsZx1988

On the basis that Fry claimed that Taylor was worth £10m and ended up selling him for £1.5m, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Edwards were to end up leaving for something slightly north of £2m.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:47 - Aug 18 with 2621 viewsRozz

Not like those two to inflate a player's value in the press...
Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:50 - Aug 18 with 2579 viewscressi

Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:44 - Aug 18 by Zx1988

On the basis that Fry claimed that Taylor was worth £10m and ended up selling him for £1.5m, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Edwards were to end up leaving for something slightly north of £2m.

Fry and Peterborough spouting the usual garbage whilst a league one player won't get more than 3 millon up front plus the usual add ons .
Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:51 - Aug 18 with 2563 viewsZx1988

Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:47 - Aug 18 by Rozz

Not like those two to inflate a player's value in the press...

"I'm sure Rangers would like him, but I'm not sure they can afford him" is just one step away from Fry declaring him to be more suited to a club of Celtic's stature...

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:59 - Aug 18 with 2461 viewsPioneerBlue

He’s certainly a young player playing plenty of L1 football. I’ve not monitored close enough to know where he’s at but no one goes from L1 to premier league starter! That presumably means season/s in the championship and that might not be as a guaranteed starter. I’m confused now as to why any prem club bothers to take him now, he gets no summer with them, what’s he going to do - play Prem 2? Loan to Championship having a hardly been introduced to his new club.

Is he really much ahead of what Baggot could do with a string of L1 games? I assume yes based on proven delivery if the money being spoken about is correct but that probably says it’s time to get Baggot games in the Champ or regular L1.

Pboro might even be an option for Baggot in the event that Edwards moves but assume they will be looking to build a squad with cash.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2023 13:49]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Ronnie Edwards fee on 17:51 - Aug 18 with 2164 viewsWickets

Ronnie Edwards fee on 16:44 - Aug 18 by Zx1988

Dont think Taylor was ever valued at 10 Mill was he ? just some fans mixing up Fry's value of Taylor and Edwards
Ronnie Edwards fee on 17:57 - Aug 18 with 2100 viewsITFC_Josh

Ronnie Edwards fee on 17:51 - Aug 18 by Wickets

Dont think Taylor was ever valued at 10 Mill was he ? just some fans mixing up Fry's value of Taylor and Edwards

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterboro
Ronnie Edwards fee on 20:58 - Aug 18 with 1535 viewsWickets

Ronnie Edwards fee on 17:57 - Aug 18 by ITFC_Josh

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/peterborough-united/peterboro

Yes i remember that but always thought that was paper talk rather than actual fact !
Login to get fewer ads

Ronnie Edwards fee on 22:08 - Aug 18 with 1356 viewsIllinoisblue

What is the point of Peterborough? They seem to exist purely to sell players.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ronnie Edwards fee on 07:29 - Aug 19 with 1038 viewsWickets

Ronnie Edwards fee on 22:08 - Aug 18 by Illinoisblue

Quite a few clubs have to exist by selling their best players suppose you could say the same about Brighton ? They only exist to sell their best to Chelsea !
Ronnie Edwards fee on 08:39 - Aug 19 with 886 viewsbrogansnose

Ronnie Edwards fee on 22:08 - Aug 18 by Illinoisblue

Tbf to Peterborough, the model they use suits them well so that they can consistently compete at the top of Div / bottom of the Championship which is their 'ceiling '.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024