Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR fans slating our away support? 08:04 - Aug 20 with 6240 viewsunstableblue

General consensus was among QPR fans was that we sang at the start… then when QPRs press and adventure drew some decent moments for them… the blue army was mainly silent through the game until the goal, when we woke up again?

What’s the view of people who were actually there?

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:20 - Aug 20 with 5167 viewsBiGDonnie

Where the fook have you read that utter bs?

You’re going to say one person on Twitter aren’t you?

They won’t have many louder crowds than us.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:23 - Aug 20 with 5129 viewsDanTheMan

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:20 - Aug 20 by BiGDonnie

Came across loud on TownTV, so don't know what they're talking about.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:23 - Aug 20 with 5137 viewsDJR

I think there is something in that. I sensed an element of tension in the stand because we struggled to get the upper hand. But the separate tiers probably didn't help the atmosphere either.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 8:24]
QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:27 - Aug 20 with 5083 viewsBiGDonnie

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:23 - Aug 20 by DanTheMan

There’s no chance they can think that. Keen to see where the OPs read this.

COYBs

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:57 - Aug 20 with 4838 viewsunstableblue

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:20 - Aug 20 by BiGDonnie

“Good effort, considering the 75 mins sponsored silence they was participating in”

“Worst fans to take both tiers at LR. Also not as good as they think, buzzing for them finishing 14th”

“I don’t usually knock clubs that travel in them numbers but they have to be the worst supporters I’ve seen in a long time at LR.”

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:04 - Aug 20 with 4746 viewsChurchman

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:57 - Aug 20 by unstableblue

“Good effort, considering the 75 mins sponsored silence they was participating in”

“Worst fans to take both tiers at LR. Also not as good as they think, buzzing for them finishing 14th”

“I don’t usually knock clubs that travel in them numbers but they have to be the worst supporters I’ve seen in a long time at LR.”

No bitterness there then. A touch ironic given they don’t ‘travel in them numbers’ to their own home games.

Whatever.
[Redacted] on 09:06 - Aug 20 with 4723 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:10 - Aug 20 with 4684 viewsSheffordBlue

I was in the lower tier and it was a bit patchy. Started well, then became a bit sporadic for parts of the first half. It ramped up well again second half - not just after the goal but just when we started playing better.

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:13 - Aug 20 with 4658 viewsChorleyBoy

QPR fans slating our away support? on 08:23 - Aug 20 by DanTheMan

I loved it when the QPR fans completely drowned out our away support by singing "You've got super Kieran McKenna" - at least that's what I thought I heard on TownTV.
QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:17 - Aug 20 with 4591 viewsswede

That is utter nonsense. If anything it was the other way round. Apart from bating Town support and swearing at kids, there was very little from QPR fans,
QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:24 - Aug 20 with 4508 viewscrouchendyachtclub

I was in the home end and completely disagree. I wasn’t really tracking the singing but would say it was happening for a good 60 minutes.

QPR on the other hand seem to have two separate singing sections that can’t tell what the other is doing and will sing different things at the same time. In general Ipswich weee louder throughout thought.

I did have an objection to singing you’re only here to see the Ipswich though. Came off as pretty small time…
QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:35 - Aug 20 with 4388 viewsGlasgowBlue

As a mostly away supporter, that is pretty standard for us. Very vocal at the start but if things aren’t going our way we do tend to go quiet. Then when we score it all takes off again.

We aren’t always the best motivators when the chips are down. Imo of course.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 11:30]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:42 - Aug 20 with 4320 viewsStokieBlue

Why would you care what a some QPR fans who just lost and are far from impartial at the moment say about our supporters?

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:45 - Aug 20 with 4303 viewshatch

I was in the home end and home fans I spoke to said our fans were pretty decent. It wasn’t constant of course but there was a fairly good Edward ebeneezer near the start, I doubt it’ll be the best there all season but got to be up there.

Spoke to Simon Milton afterward and he was chatting to QPR counterparts in the directors box who said it’s as loud as they’ve heard it this last year.

Side fact - QPR haven’t scored a goal in open play at their ‘home end’ since October last year (scored one penalty there in Feb)
QPR fans slating our away support? on 10:01 - Aug 20 with 4189 viewsYppswyche

The miserable A-holes behind me spent the entire 90 minutes berating our own players at the top of their lungs.. as if calling Wes ‘My Little Pony’ is being the 12th man.
QPR fans slating our away support? on 10:04 - Aug 20 with 4154 viewsBiGDonnie

So a couple of bitter fans on twitter.

I suppose I can only really talk for the upper tier but the noise was pretty constant and I heard the qpr fans twice I think.

COYBs

Boils my piss on 10:13 - Aug 20 with 4096 viewsDyland

QPR fans slating our away support? on 10:01 - Aug 20 by Yppswyche

The miserable A-holes behind me spent the entire 90 minutes berating our own players at the top of their lungs.. as if calling Wes ‘My Little Pony’ is being the 12th man.

And is the reason I don't go to away games any more. It may be bad luck but for the last ten years at least there are always some utter bellends next to me or right behind or in front. Slagging off our players constantly, moaning solidly, and getting it wrong all the time. I'm a weed so I never say anything, but it's never tasty looking hard nuts, and I often wish someone else would tell them to stfu.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Spot on on 10:15 - Aug 20 with 4060 viewsDyland

QPR fans slating our away support? on 09:35 - Aug 20 by GlasgowBlue

As a mostly away supporter, that is pretty standard for us. Very vocal at the start but if things aren’t going our way we do tend to go quiet. Then when we score it all takes off again.

We aren’t always the best motivators when the chips are down. Imo of course.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 11:30]

I'll get pelters for this, but there is a massive div element in our away support, especially the London games. Yeh yeh, I'm sure most other clubs are the same. And for the sake of balance, it's a net positive there are younger folks following us. I guess it's a small minority who shout the loudest, as in all areas of life.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

QPR fans slating our away support? on 11:17 - Aug 20 with 3766 viewsgainsboroughblue

Pretty standard isn't it? You've only got to see those annoying away day or banter pages on social media to know that.....

Every teams fans are the quietest that have been to that ground that seasoncand not a peep heard until goal scored.

Had a piss poor turnout and if there is a big following, it's because they are top or its only down the road or both and another club would've taken far more had they been allocated the tickets or it wasn't a Tuesday night etc etc.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Boils my piss on 11:23 - Aug 20 with 3698 viewsHerbivore

Boils my piss on 10:13 - Aug 20 by Dyland

And is the reason I don't go to away games any more. It may be bad luck but for the last ten years at least there are always some utter bellends next to me or right behind or in front. Slagging off our players constantly, moaning solidly, and getting it wrong all the time. I'm a weed so I never say anything, but it's never tasty looking hard nuts, and I often wish someone else would tell them to stfu.

I have also experienced this. I usually only do a couple of away games a season for this reason, it's not always a pleasant experience. It's usually the same dickheads who, when they aren't calling our own players c**ts constantly are looking to start fights with their fellow Town fans.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

QPR fans slating our away support? on 11:26 - Aug 20 with 3670 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I was there I thought we certainly made a lot more noise than the home fans. The only part of the game I thought we were fairly quiet was the end of the first half when Ainsworth ‘football’ was killing the tempo.

Pleased to see loadsss of Town fans and plenty of singing at Liv St and the pubs around there after the game.
QPR fans slating our away support? on 12:14 - Aug 20 with 3440 viewsHipsterectomy

Maybe it's the acoustics of the stadium. I was sat in the home fans at the opposite end by the corner flag. They were very noisy over there and you couldn't hear town fans most of the game where I was (other than scoring and maybe last 10 mins)
[Post edited 20 Aug 2023 12:14]

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

QPR fans slating our away support? on 12:20 - Aug 20 with 3350 viewsJrm_72

I was sat in with the home fans yesterday after failing to get away tix. I do agree the town end went a little subdued during the off boil 30mins in middle. And in my experience its unusual for home fans to sing the usual songs about being quiet to away support, normally the other way round. But sustained noise before and after that. Plus I was near to the loudest qpr fans in corner and quite away from the town end. Some other observations:

- Rangers fans were a generally unpleasant bunch the whole day. One guy behind me was so sustained in his grim language I generally thought he was calling a cloud a lazy scunthorpe at one point. Just really dour aggressive people.

- Burns got dogs abuse first half from my section, for nothing really. I was desperate for him to score and celebrate in front of us like at Peterborough. I was tempted to ask them "Are you saying Boo or Boourns" but thought better of it.

- It is a really nice ground for football. I was front row and felt so close to the action. Reminded me of old white hart lane.

- £4 for a programme is outrageous

- View of us from people around me went from in first two mins "hmm, they play nice football" to the end "they wont be top at end of the year, most bang average team weve seen here in years". I disagree with that, but Id take average championship one year after coming up rather than relegation fodder any day.

- Did a load of fans fall into the bermuda triangle at white city tube on way back? I was queueing in a crush of people to get in, went onto eastbound central platform and thought where did everyone go?

All in all a fun day out, one more ticked off the 92 (i have been to loftus road before but am starting afresh from last year), and ticking off another at west ham today.
QPR fans slating our away support? on 12:26 - Aug 20 with 3302 viewsIllinoisblue

QPR are the Accrington of London. S5it ground, s5it support. Fk em

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

QPR fans slating our away support? on 13:24 - Aug 20 with 3035 viewsLankHenners

As others have said fairly standard for any support really - volume picked up when Town were on top, more subdued when not.

Agree with other comments about London games in particular attracting a good share of helmets. Enthusiasm and high spirits go too far and become boisterous and generally unpleasant. Had an especially gawkish gang on my row who evidently had very weak bladders the amount of times they went back and forth to the bogs the whole game, 1 in particular stumbling and kicking into people as he went past then angrily reacting as if it was their fault. Great scenes at the goal but slightly spoiled by the modern phenomenon of 'forcing' celebrations which usually involves barging into people around them and throwing themselves at people.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024