Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. 19:17 - Aug 24 with 3955 viewsNthQldITFC

.. which few of us seem to want to face up to and talk about.

Is it an indicator of something snowballing and being too far gone for us to do anything about, or is there some motivation to try to reduce the impact of Anthropogenic Global Heating?

Same old question. Why are we not trying to save our children's futures? Why are we bullsh!tting and pissing about? Are we just too chicken to face the truth?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 21:00 - Aug 24 with 3001 viewsMattinLondon

You know when you run a bath a get in the water levels go up. Can’t we do the same with this? Get all of the captive seals, penguins, polar bears and orcas and send them back there which will raise the sea levels there. Obviously I’m being silly.

We’ve known about this for decades but nothing really has been done about it. But at least oil companies are making huge profits for their shareholders.
Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 21:09 - Aug 24 with 2985 viewsDanTheMan

Meanwhile, one of the "winners" of the US Republican debates.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66603577

Denying reality when it's staring you in the face.

And the worst thing is that the people who lie end up most well liked. The idea that by airing views, people who can't back up their claims will lose the debate is just frankly nonsense. People are too easily fooled by charisma.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 22:13 - Aug 24 with 2878 viewsHARRY10

I think it is more a case of wanting to be lied to. I have come to the conclusion that some people are born that way. A normal family, yet one of the kids grows up as a mad rightie. What part of his nurture can be held responsible there ?

Unfortunately, too many of the normal folk have thought that, as they respond to reasoned argument, facts etc these people will as well. They don't.

You only have to look at what has and is happening in both the the US and the UK. Paranoid righties wailing about their respective countries being taken over by horders of 'darkies'. And with that fixed mindset whatever opportunist comes along telling them what they want to hear, they will go along with them.

I remember way back someone who I had gone to school with telling me there were 2 million 'blacks' entering into the UK. I pointed out that would mean over 20 million since we left school. He claimed with typical rightie stupidity, that was because no one was counting. Overlooking that he was, apparently.

i suspect it was the guff that passed between his sort and being fairly close he was 'off guard'. i have since recognised umpteen other examples. It is some kind of paranoia among righties, one that with climate change they feel is being imposed on them. By the same malevolent force that is the cause of all their woes.

I am not sure we can change their mindset. For every person who does what they can by recycling there is a rightie who says 'fck 'me, political fcu ing correctness, I pay my council tax let them sort it" A neighbour a few doors away.

Perhaps we could
Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 22:26 - Aug 24 with 2859 viewsSwansea_Blue

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 21:09 - Aug 24 by DanTheMan

And the worst thing is that the people who lie end up most well liked. The idea that by airing views, people who can't back up their claims will lose the debate is just frankly nonsense. People are too easily fooled by charisma.

What an obnoxious tw*t.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 23:04 - Aug 24 with 2803 viewsIllinoisblue

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 21:09 - Aug 24 by DanTheMan

Guy’s an absolute prick. Saw him described as “an outside consultant brought in to fire people and does do with a smile on his face telling you why it’s the right decision.”

A vile turd among many.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 23:31 - Aug 24 with 2744 viewsBondiBlue

Maybe people don't want to have to spend the time that they're not working, parenting or worrying about the cost-of-living crisis/nuclear war worrying about an impending climate meltdown.

Our leaders should be doing much more but i can't blame your average joe public from wanting to ignore this. At the end of the day, what more can you or me do about it? I drive a hybrid, i recycle and i vote for political parties that are pro-climate change action. When i own a house, i will install solar and, if i can afford it, my next car will be an EV. Beyond that, there is nothing more i can do.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 23:40 - Aug 24 with 2732 viewsWhos_blue

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 23:04 - Aug 24 by Illinoisblue

Guy’s an absolute prick. Saw him described as “an outside consultant brought in to fire people and does do with a smile on his face telling you why it’s the right decision.”

A vile turd among many.

And yet they all languish behind Trump.
That place is just insane.

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 00:00 - Aug 25 with 2698 viewseireblue

Yea. Dinosaurs > Humans.

I do wonder what evolution will find next, hopefully something with less of an ego.
I am hoping it will be Racoons, I imagine a future phd student evolved form a raccoon will discover the Guardians of Galaxy scrolls and write a thesis on “The evidence for human intelligence, and the somewhat limited ability to predict the future”

It probably will be something derived from Ravens though, and they will just laugh at humans, and the debate will be more about was Alfred Hitchcocks The Birds actually written by his pet Parrot as a warning.
Login to get fewer ads

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 00:10 - Aug 25 with 2688 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I wonder which voter base he might be targeting?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 00:15 - Aug 25 with 2677 viewsWhos_blue

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 00:10 - Aug 25 by Cheltenham_Blue

I wonder which voter base he might be targeting?

FFS.......

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 00:42 - Aug 25 with 2645 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 00:15 - Aug 25 by Whos_blue

FFS.......

No Sh^t.

If Trump does some bird, (which he will) then this guy will clean up.

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 05:01 - Aug 25 with 2580 viewsIllinoisblue

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 23:40 - Aug 24 by Whos_blue

And yet they all languish behind Trump.
That place is just insane.

It is insane. The more criminal charges Trump faces, the more his supporters back him. It’s madness on a mind-boggling scale.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 06:48 - Aug 25 with 2509 viewsElephantintheRoom

One of my distant relations can remember the sea ice reaching England - admittedly the polar opposite. But ´we’ are still emerging from that last Ice Age.

´We’ can’t do anything about it - just relax and tut tut about those Emporer Penguins.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 06:50 - Aug 25 with 2512 viewsDanTheMan

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 06:48 - Aug 25 by ElephantintheRoom

One of my distant relations can remember the sea ice reaching England - admittedly the polar opposite. But ´we’ are still emerging from that last Ice Age.

´We’ can’t do anything about it - just relax and tut tut about those Emporer Penguins.

Complete nonsense.

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:26 - Aug 25 with 2455 viewsElephantintheRoom

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 06:50 - Aug 25 by DanTheMan

Complete nonsense.

Complète and very obvious truth. Climate change occurs over hundreds and thousands of years - and always has done.

If you want to wet yourself about global events way beyond your control, ponder on something a little closer to home that genuinely could affect Guardian readers in the UK and everyone else on the planet. A republican winning the US election and handing Ukraine to Russia. You can’t stop that happening either

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:29 - Aug 25 with 2463 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

When you read articles such as this,
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/23/g20-poured-more-than-1tn-on-

. "The report found G20 governments last year provided fossil fuels $1tn in subsidies, $322bn in investments by state-owned enterprises and $50bn in loans from public finance institutions.
The total amount was more than double what they had provided in 2019, the authors found."

....it isn't hard to understand why the public are confused and that it can feel like climate change is just being used as a means to sell us a whole new lot of stuff.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:29 - Aug 25 with 2456 viewsNthQldITFC

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 23:31 - Aug 24 by BondiBlue

Maybe people don't want to have to spend the time that they're not working, parenting or worrying about the cost-of-living crisis/nuclear war worrying about an impending climate meltdown.

Our leaders should be doing much more but i can't blame your average joe public from wanting to ignore this. At the end of the day, what more can you or me do about it? I drive a hybrid, i recycle and i vote for political parties that are pro-climate change action. When i own a house, i will install solar and, if i can afford it, my next car will be an EV. Beyond that, there is nothing more i can do.

I'm largely sympathetic with that point of view, but I'd take issue with a couple of things:

There's no more point worrying about a cost-of-living crisis or a nuclear war than there is worrying about climate change.

Our leaders should be doing more, but we have to make them do more, through democracy, whilst we still have it. No political party has policies remotely close to what's needed, even the Greens who are distracted by worthy but relatively insignificant side issues. So we need to demonstrate, individually and en masse, to current or future parties that there is an electorate there that will bring them to power if they start to truly face the reality, set there stall out for radical and potentially effective change, and start the fight back.

Personally, I am doing nowhere near enough to my ongoing shame. There is much, much more I can do.

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:38 - Aug 25 with 2434 viewsDanTheMan

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:26 - Aug 25 by ElephantintheRoom

Complète and very obvious truth. Climate change occurs over hundreds and thousands of years - and always has done.

If you want to wet yourself about global events way beyond your control, ponder on something a little closer to home that genuinely could affect Guardian readers in the UK and everyone else on the planet. A republican winning the US election and handing Ukraine to Russia. You can’t stop that happening either

Climate change occurs over hundreds and thousands of years - and always has done.

1. Climate has changed before
2. The climate is currently changing
3. Therefore current climate change is natural

This is a fallacy. You can't get from 2 to 3 something has to cause the change.

Then you get to

3. The past drivers are the same as the current drivers
4. Therefore current climate change is natural

This ends up with a different but wrong fallacy, assuming there is only a single cause.

It's just wrong. All of the data points to human beings causing the rapid heating of the planet.

This is where we are. All the other drivers have been ruled out. We know what's causing the problems and it is us, human beings. So can I as a single person do much about it? Probably not. But the human race absolutely can.

And you can fook off saying that I'm "wetting myself" because I'd like to avoid the very real issues caused by climate change.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 7:49]

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:48 - Aug 25 with 2399 viewsNthQldITFC

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:38 - Aug 25 by DanTheMan

Climate change occurs over hundreds and thousands of years - and always has done.

Then you get to

This ends up with a different but wrong fallacy, assuming there is only a single cause.

It's just wrong. All of the data points to human beings causing the rapid heating of the planet.

This is where we are. All the other drivers have been ruled out. We know what's causing the problems and it is us, human beings. So can I as a single person do much about it? Probably not. But the human race absolutely can.

And you can fook off saying that I'm "wetting myself" because I'd like to avoid the very real issues caused by climate change.

Has he run out of spiders to pull the legs off again?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 08:07 - Aug 25 with 2331 viewsStokieBlue

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 06:48 - Aug 25 by ElephantintheRoom

It must be very draining to keep up this level of negativity in every post.

SB
[Post edited 25 Aug 2023 8:08]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 09:08 - Aug 25 with 2244 viewsEwan_Oozami

I was wrong, your reality isn't forty years behind....

It's two hundred and forty years behind....

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 09:10 - Aug 25 with 2244 viewsblueasfook

I do love Emporer penguins though

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 09:20 - Aug 25 with 2202 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Well, I call bullsh^t.
How are you still allowed to post here? Obvious troll.

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 09:48 - Aug 25 with 2139 viewsGuthrum

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 07:38 - Aug 25 by DanTheMan

Then you get to

The other element is: 'Climate change occurs over hundreds and thousands of years'. Currently the rate of change is measured in decades, if not years. That fact alone should suggest something other than the "normal" causes are driving it.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 09:59 - Aug 25 with 2105 viewsMeadowlark

Here's another one of those startling 2023 outlier graphs. on 23:31 - Aug 24 by BondiBlue

This is spot on. We "all" do what we can within our own lives, but it's not enough.
Governments should be doing more.
But will everyone vote for this...
And is it even possible to vote the necessary changes in, in our so-called Western democracies?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024