Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IPTV Issues 16:00 - Aug 26 with 1858 viewsDaninthecampo

Can't get Town commentary,Leeds TV keeps dropping out,(missed 3 goals) and when it is working the commentary is 20 secs ahead of the video
Anyone else having issues?
IPTV Issues on 16:51 - Aug 26 with 1782 viewsBlueToad

Yes, the Leeds feed is awful. I've muted it as the commentary is too far ahead.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

IPTV Issues on 16:52 - Aug 26 with 1777 viewsacj

Working fine for me 👍🏻

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

IPTV Issues on 17:06 - Aug 26 with 1757 viewsDaninthecampo

IPTV Issues on 16:52 - Aug 26 by acj

Working fine for me 👍🏻

With Town commentary?
IPTV Issues on 17:07 - Aug 26 with 1754 viewsStokieBlue

Not sure you can really complain about using an illegal service where no money ends up in the clubs coffers.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

IPTV Issues on 17:09 - Aug 26 with 1741 viewsacj

IPTV Issues on 17:06 - Aug 26 by Daninthecampo

With Town commentary?

Yep, there was no comms for the first 5 mins or so but then they fixed it and it was fine thereafter.

I live overseas so was watching through the TownTV app - all working well, as it has done for every game this season so far.

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

IPTV Issues on 17:22 - Aug 26 with 1705 viewsDaninthecampo

IPTV Issues on 17:07 - Aug 26 by StokieBlue

Not sure you can really complain about using an illegal service where no money ends up in the clubs coffers.

SB

I'm not complaining I was asking about other people's experiences, I live abroad and its provided by my Internet provider which I pay for.
Using a VPN to watch games is just as illegal!
IPTV Issues on 17:25 - Aug 26 with 1682 viewsStokieBlue

IPTV Issues on 17:22 - Aug 26 by Daninthecampo

I'm not complaining I was asking about other people's experiences, I live abroad and its provided by my Internet provider which I pay for.

Using a VPN to watch games is not illegal.

SB

IPTV Issues on 17:32 - Aug 26 with 1649 viewsDaninthecampo

IPTV Issues on 17:25 - Aug 26 by StokieBlue

Using a VPN to watch games is not illegal.

SB

Under the broadcasting laws you're only allowed to watch if you're out of the UK, if you're in the UK using a Vpn your illegally watching the game as per the laws!
Login to get fewer ads

IPTV Issues on 00:50 - Aug 27 with 1503 viewsJackNorthStand

IPTV Issues on 17:32 - Aug 26 by Daninthecampo

Under the broadcasting laws you're only allowed to watch if you're out of the UK, if you're in the UK using a Vpn your illegally watching the game as per the laws!

It is illegal for the broadcaster to broadcast in the UK. Not illegal for people who watch.
IPTV Issues on 01:45 - Aug 27 with 1485 viewsRyorry

IPTV Issues on 00:50 - Aug 27 by JackNorthStand

It is illegal for the broadcaster to broadcast in the UK. Not illegal for people who watch.

Edit - replied to wrong post.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 1:49]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

IPTV Issues on 01:56 - Aug 27 with 1480 viewsRyorry

IPTV Issues on 17:22 - Aug 26 by Daninthecampo

It's not quite in the spirit or interests of the Club to watch via IPTV if you have the alternative of legitimately being able to view TownTV live games as a genuine overseas subscriber though.

I say that as someone who VPN sinned last season myself - because it's iniquitous that many of us living in far-flung outposts of the UK like Yorkshire, Scotland & the West country, not to mention elderly people, those whose health, work or families prevent them travelling - are not allowed by the EFL to sign up. Especially so when our league games are a sell-out - which they almost always are these days - so we wouldn't have been able to get tickets anyway!

IPTV Issues on 10:00 - Aug 27 with 1336 viewsDaninthecampo

IPTV Issues on 00:50 - Aug 27 by JackNorthStand

So at no point do you have to agree to the T&C's which state that you're watching from outside the UK? Which means you're obtaining a service fraudulently which is illegal
IPTV Issues on 10:05 - Aug 27 with 1327 viewsStokieBlue

IPTV Issues on 10:00 - Aug 27 by Daninthecampo

So at no point do you have to agree to the T&C's which state that you're watching from outside the UK? Which means you're obtaining a service fraudulently which is illegal

Using IPTV and TownTV with a VPN is a false equivalence which you are pushing because you've been rightly pulled up on using an illegal service which takes revenue away from the club.

Not really sure how you expect supporters to act when you're complaining about the quality of a service which doesn't contribute to the club.

Total self-awareness failure.

SB

IPTV Issues on 10:05 - Aug 27 with 1325 viewsDaninthecampo

IPTV Issues on 01:56 - Aug 27 by Ryorry

It's not quite in the spirit or interests of the Club to watch via IPTV if you have the alternative of legitimately being able to view TownTV live games as a genuine overseas subscriber though.

I say that as someone who VPN sinned last season myself - because it's iniquitous that many of us living in far-flung outposts of the UK like Yorkshire, Scotland & the West country, not to mention elderly people, those whose health, work or families prevent them travelling - are not allowed by the EFL to sign up. Especially so when our league games are a sell-out - which they almost always are these days - so we wouldn't have been able to get tickets anyway!

I agree its not in the spirit of things but it comes down to value for money, Town tv is pretty much €200 for a seasons pass which would only have enabled me to watch 60% of the games so far this season, I pay €40 a year for every channel and its allowed me to watch all 5 games this season.
I also agree that if the stadium if full and you're the otherwise of the country/ or can't travel etc, you should be able to buy the game
IPTV Issues on 10:10 - Aug 27 with 1303 viewsStokieBlue

IPTV Issues on 10:05 - Aug 27 by Daninthecampo

I agree its not in the spirit of things but it comes down to value for money, Town tv is pretty much €200 for a seasons pass which would only have enabled me to watch 60% of the games so far this season, I pay €40 a year for every channel and its allowed me to watch all 5 games this season.
I also agree that if the stadium if full and you're the otherwise of the country/ or can't travel etc, you should be able to buy the game

You've entirely missed the point.

SB

IPTV Issues on 10:20 - Aug 27 with 1287 viewsmutters

IPTV Issues on 10:05 - Aug 27 by Daninthecampo

I do like the American model here (well I know it applies to the NFL).

The game is classified as a black out if the stadium is not sold out. Once all tickets are gone then it is often broadcast live on TV allowing those who can't make it to watch it whilst not denying the club any income from matchday.

I have watched a few of towns games on IPTV at a friend's house as I live 250+ miles away and after years of travelling back and forth I have had to give up my season ticket. I do wish there was a legal way that I could watch the games and give the club money. Town TV seems only setup for foreign viewers.

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

IPTV Issues on 10:25 - Aug 27 with 1268 viewsDaninthecampo

IPTV Issues on 10:10 - Aug 27 by StokieBlue

You've entirely missed the point.

SB

No I haven't , I know exactly your point but just because you pay some money to the club you think you're breaking the law less than I am!
At no time yesterday did I actually watch any of towntv it was LUTV, the only game I've actually watched Towntv was Stoke, whether this is due to Towntv trying to stop this I don't know, if/ when I can no longer watch the games I will pay for it legally looking down from my moral high ground!
IPTV Issues on 11:21 - Aug 27 with 1216 viewsRyorry

IPTV Issues on 10:25 - Aug 27 by Daninthecampo

No I haven't , I know exactly your point but just because you pay some money to the club you think you're breaking the law less than I am!
At no time yesterday did I actually watch any of towntv it was LUTV, the only game I've actually watched Towntv was Stoke, whether this is due to Towntv trying to stop this I don't know, if/ when I can no longer watch the games I will pay for it legally looking down from my moral high ground!

So in essence you're looking for cheapskating ways to not pay the club you say you support - indeed, watched it through a rival club's channel just to save yourself a few quid

And if you say you can't afford it, how much do you think tickets to PR or other league grounds are these days? Other people sacrifice holidays or meals out etc. to pay for them.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 11:29]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024