Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys 10:29 - Aug 30 with 1802 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

It'll be an interesting few days now with Baggott and Humphreys. I'm not sure if anything is in the pipeline regarding potential loan moves, but I'd like Baggott to stay around until January at least and Humphreys to go out on loan and get some decent minutes this season.

McKenna has said recently how Baggott is improving with the group in training and getting better day by day. Whilst keeping him would mean his minutes are limited until January, it might be best for his development. Come January, there could be a decent loan opportunity for him.

Humphreys for me is at a stage where he's down in the pecking order, not through lack of ability, but more inexperience. He improves quite a lot of L1 teams so the next few days will be interesting with him. A decent loan and next summer he could well be high up in the pecking order - a few players who are out of contract like Luongo, Evans, Ball & Aluko will most likely see at least 2 of them move on.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 10:35 - Aug 30 with 1740 viewstractorboy1978

You need to be really careful with Humphreys. He's thrived here with the elite coaching and training at a high level. I see him being better placed to take the 'Foden route' to development personally.

Baggott seems to developing better being in this environment than he did last season out on loan too.
Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 10:56 - Aug 30 with 1657 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 10:35 - Aug 30 by tractorboy1978

You need to be really careful with Humphreys. He's thrived here with the elite coaching and training at a high level. I see him being better placed to take the 'Foden route' to development personally.

Baggott seems to developing better being in this environment than he did last season out on loan too.

I think Humphreys is a good player, but I feel as a fanbase we do have a tendency to overhype players and especially our youngsters. He would do a job if and when called upon - as we saw last season when he was needed to play a small run of games, but there's nothing better than getting games under your belt as a young player finding your feet in the game.

He has a future at Ipswich and like I said, in 12 months time he could be high up the pecking order, but I want him to go and have a loan spell like El Mizouni had last season and really thrive with minutes under the belt.

Poll: If selling Jackson meant getting in a wide man, would you be happy with Garbutt?

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 11:01 - Aug 30 with 1633 views_clive_baker_

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 10:56 - Aug 30 by IPSWICHFANITFC

I think Humphreys is a good player, but I feel as a fanbase we do have a tendency to overhype players and especially our youngsters. He would do a job if and when called upon - as we saw last season when he was needed to play a small run of games, but there's nothing better than getting games under your belt as a young player finding your feet in the game.

He has a future at Ipswich and like I said, in 12 months time he could be high up the pecking order, but I want him to go and have a loan spell like El Mizouni had last season and really thrive with minutes under the belt.

He was also playing in a largely dominant side at a lower level last season, whereas facing off against Ndidi or Ampadu is an entirely different proposition. I think opportunities here will be limited to the cups this season, so as you say he might be better off going out on loan. It's not clear cut though as he'll probably benefit more where he is from Monday to Friday, but not on a Saturday afternoon and gaining that experience where points are at stake.

I like Humphreys, I think he's got a future. Same with Baggott, it's good to see the club being considered about their pathways and we've got qualified people to make the decisions that are in theirs and the clubs best interests.
Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 11:31 - Aug 30 with 1535 viewsIPSWICHFANITFC

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 11:01 - Aug 30 by _clive_baker_

He was also playing in a largely dominant side at a lower level last season, whereas facing off against Ndidi or Ampadu is an entirely different proposition. I think opportunities here will be limited to the cups this season, so as you say he might be better off going out on loan. It's not clear cut though as he'll probably benefit more where he is from Monday to Friday, but not on a Saturday afternoon and gaining that experience where points are at stake.

I like Humphreys, I think he's got a future. Same with Baggott, it's good to see the club being considered about their pathways and we've got qualified people to make the decisions that are in theirs and the clubs best interests.

It's likely that Humphreys won't play again until the 26th/27th September which is the 3rd round of the Carabao Cup. We might exit the cup and our next cup game would be the FA Cup in January.

Like you say, he probably would benefit more around better players Monday to Friday, but he's behind senior pros who will make the bench over him. There's some youngsters who may not be as technically good as him, but they're playing regularly at lower levels. Even Saturday, I didn't realise Archie Gray for Leeds is only 17. He looked quite comfortable in the middle too but he's getting minutes at the moment and he will benefit from this a lot. Humphreys needs to do the same now.

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 11:37 - Aug 30 with 1492 viewsHerbivore

If we sign another CB then Baggot going out on loan makes sense, but only if we can find him a loan to a side that plays decent football. Ideally a top half League 1 side. I'm not averse to him staying and his development means that we shouldn't panic sign another CB as cover, I think he's good enough to be cover for us at this stage. However, if we can bring in someone who will genuinely improve us then it makes sense to get Baggot some game time in the right environment.

Humphreys currently has too much traffic in his way here. He's an excellent footballer and I rate him highly but after playing a decent amount last season it's important that he has a chance to kick on further this season. Again, it needs to be the right move to a club that is going to play some football and see a good amount of the ball, but if we can find a club like that in League 1 then I'd loan him out for now.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 11:57 - Aug 30 with 1412 viewsWeWereZombies

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 10:56 - Aug 30 by IPSWICHFANITFC

And talking of El Mizouni, when and if he returns to Town what does that mean for the rest of the attacking midfield players ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 12:13 - Aug 30 with 1367 viewsJDB23

When Foden was Humphreys age he made over 20 league appearances that season, 38 in total, can't see Humphreys getting anywhere near that figure this year. He's been around the first team long enough now to learn from them, he needs game time, especially with the position he plays.
Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 12:21 - Aug 30 with 1342 viewsBigCommon

I do think Humphreys needs a loan at some point. Just to harden him up a bit, mentally. Take him out of the comfort zone of never having been anywhere, accept Ipswich, where he has been handled with care...How old is he now? 20?...Wolf had had a couple of loans by then, Baggot, too...Although I don't think there would be much more he could learn, tactically, away from the fold..
Might be a case of waiting until Jan. Just to try and cherry pick the right kind of loan for him..Rather than just bang him out anywhere, for the sake of a loan.. Could do with some first team games under his belt, imo. Although he probably saw more than expected last season.
Login to get fewer ads

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 12:30 - Aug 30 with 1301 viewsRimsy

Baggot looked so assured last night, ready to step up to the first team.
Humphreys I would loan out. He's so far down the pecking order he won't get a look in.

BlueBlood

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 14:06 - Aug 30 with 1148 viewsRYITFC

I think i would keep Humphreys around, just not sure a lower League One or League Two loan would benefit him. Also as he doesn't take a squad place up, it might be handy to have an extra body around. Whilst everything seems quite comfortable at the moment, we've seen in previous seasons when injuries start piling up, all of a sudden the squad can look very thin.

With regards to Baggott, we assume we are going to bring in a centre back before window closes, it's then a question of who are we happy with as our 4th Choice centre back and would we be better looking at moving Edmundson on either loan or permanent as he really needs to get his career back on track and the only way he'll do that is by playing games. I don't feel at the moment if we did need to bring him in the team he would be that reliable. So I'd be inclined to keep Baggott as that 4th choice. Use Edmundson's place to bring in an attacking player.

Poll: If you could only sign one of the centre back's linked, who would it be?

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 16:32 - Aug 30 with 987 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

If we sent Humphreys out we would be insane, we already have Mass and Morsy on bookings and we need some midfielders who can attack as well as do the defensive bits ala Evans, Morsy and Mass. I would even go as far as to start him in the league, and see if he can nab a goal in the first half, and bring Mass on to seal the deal. He needs a chance to shine now, he's more important to our future than Evans, Mass and Morsy are. If anyone is surplus, it's probably Evans really.
Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 21:36 - Aug 30 with 870 viewsBigCommon

Keep Baggott, loan out Humphreys on 16:32 - Aug 30 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

If we sent Humphreys out we would be insane, we already have Mass and Morsy on bookings and we need some midfielders who can attack as well as do the defensive bits ala Evans, Morsy and Mass. I would even go as far as to start him in the league, and see if he can nab a goal in the first half, and bring Mass on to seal the deal. He needs a chance to shine now, he's more important to our future than Evans, Mass and Morsy are. If anyone is surplus, it's probably Evans really.

Humphreys can't play the Morsy or Mass role, though..
This is so evident, by our turn of results as soon as Mass stepped in and replaced him last season.. And this, in L1, where you can get away with being less than perfect, at times....
Ball, Taylor and Evans are in ahead of Humphreys. Even Harness and Aluko are trusted more, in a more advanced MF role... I only see Humphreys getting real minutes if we suffer a catastrophic MF injury crisis, like last season. Or if someone like Evans is moved on, and we have one or two injuries, too.. Otherwise, he's going to get one or two cup games. Perhaps the last 10 minutes, if we're 4 nil up at home in a league match, imo.
Glad he played a part last night and nicked a goal, which will do his confidence no harm. But I just don't see him playing much , with current MF numbers in the squad.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024