Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Geldhart - loan… 15:38 - Aug 30 with 7004 viewsKieran_Knows

https://www.footballinsider247.com/sources-joe-gelhardt-set-for-leeds-united-exi

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:17 - Aug 30 with 1569 viewsITFCBlues

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:53 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

If there were lots of suitable options that meet our needs, we'd have signed one of them by now. Who do you suggest we can realistically target who would be as good or better than Gelhardt?

No idea, but it's quite a leap to suggest there's no permanent options available without actually knowing yourself?

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:19 - Aug 30 with 1547 viewsBABLUE

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:53 - Aug 30 by PhilTWTD

Not one we're after, I'm told.

But who are we after Phil?

Should we be excited?
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:19 - Aug 30 with 1540 viewsBlueBlueBlood

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:50 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

It's not a signing that screams "We're going to attack this league"

A striker that hasn't scored goals at this level & if he does do well & we're also in and around the top 6, Leeds will probably recall him in January.

Do you know there's not many permanent options out there, or is that an assumption?

A striker that hasn't scored goals at this level? Sounds familiar.

Do you know that a loan deal would have a recall clause or is that an assumption?
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:23 - Aug 30 with 1496 viewsThe_Realist_09

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 15:50 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

It's not a signing that screams "We're going to attack this league"

A striker that hasn't scored goals at this level & if he does do well & we're also in and around the top 6, Leeds will probably recall him in January.

Do you know there's not many permanent options out there, or is that an assumption?

The problem is, we literally cannot "attack this league" shopping in the same UK market as clubs selling players for 10's of millions or with parachute payments.

I'm hoping we just haven't had time to build an international scouting network yet, otherwise, our approach seems a little naive to me. It would be like Brighton shopping in the same market as Chelsea or City.

Of course I think we'll be competitive with the current squad but depending on the ambition, we may need to be a little smarter with recruitment at some point - see Brighton and Brentford.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:24 - Aug 30 with 1483 viewsHerbivore

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:17 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

No idea, but it's quite a leap to suggest there's no permanent options available without actually knowing yourself?

Do you not think that if there were permanent options out there who meet our requirements and are in our budget that we'd have signed them by now?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:27 - Aug 30 with 1439 viewsITFCBlues

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:24 - Aug 30 by Herbivore

Do you not think that if there were permanent options out there who meet our requirements and are in our budget that we'd have signed them by now?

I couldn't possibly say for certain, can you? I assume not.

It's not like permanent transfers don't happen in the last few days of the window, is it? Last year we signed Ahadme on deadline day of course...

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:27 - Aug 30 with 1437 viewschenners17

Are you confident we will get the 3 players in McKenna suggested?

Or are we struggling. Leaving it very late to bring in 3!
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:34 - Aug 30 with 1387 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Are we getting a bit desperate like last summer, seems that way. I hope we don't panic buy like last season. But lm not keen on loans either. Why improve other teams players.
Login to get fewer ads

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:35 - Aug 30 with 1389 viewsHorsham

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:34 - Aug 30 by Naylorsrightboot

Are we getting a bit desperate like last summer, seems that way. I hope we don't panic buy like last season. But lm not keen on loans either. Why improve other teams players.

Panic buys never work

https://www.eadt.co.uk/news/21273464.town-set-sign-morsy-deadline-shuts/
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:37 - Aug 30 with 1349 viewsJon_456

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:34 - Aug 30 by Naylorsrightboot

The fact Phil has said we’re not in for him suggests quite the opposite. McKenna knows the type of player he wants and if they’re not available, we’re not going to go after just anyone to fill a space.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:43 - Aug 30 with 1299 viewsNaylorsrightboot

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:37 - Aug 30 by Jon_456

The fact Phil has said we’re not in for him suggests quite the opposite. McKenna knows the type of player he wants and if they’re not available, we’re not going to go after just anyone to fill a space.

That's why he got Adehme and Camara last summer then?
He isn't always perfect. His pool of players is obviously so small we can't compete to get them. So therefore surely he is having to look further than those few? Which means strange links to 21 year olds who really aren't in the mould we are looking for.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:55 - Aug 30 with 1219 viewsHerbivore

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:27 - Aug 30 by ITFCBlues

I couldn't possibly say for certain, can you? I assume not.

It's not like permanent transfers don't happen in the last few days of the window, is it? Last year we signed Ahadme on deadline day of course...

Yes, I can say for certain that if there was a player out there as a permanent option who met our requirements and was within our budget then we'd have signed them. Why wouldn't we?
[Post edited 30 Aug 2023 16:57]

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:57 - Aug 30 with 1209 viewsJon_456

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:43 - Aug 30 by Naylorsrightboot

He isn't always perfect. His pool of players is obviously so small we can't compete to get them. So therefore surely he is having to look further than those few? Which means strange links to 21 year olds who really aren't in the mould we are looking for.

I was talking about this summer.

There’s nothing to suggest we’re panic buying at all this year but that obviously doesn’t suit your constant negative spin on things.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 17:07 - Aug 30 with 1144 viewsSimonds92

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:08 - Aug 30 by StokieBlue

How do you know they haven't?

They also probably wouldn't have done much European scouting as realistically we wouldn't have been able to easily sign people from abroad before the recent rule change.

SB

Are we not meant to be using a stats based scouting system now which doesnt really rely on going to go and watch the players in the flesh? I dont think it should really matter which country they're from we should be able to do a decent analysis on most players at least throughout Europe.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 17:12 - Aug 30 with 1122 viewsHerbivore

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 17:07 - Aug 30 by Simonds92

Are we not meant to be using a stats based scouting system now which doesnt really rely on going to go and watch the players in the flesh? I dont think it should really matter which country they're from we should be able to do a decent analysis on most players at least throughout Europe.

You don't sign a set of stats though. Attitude and character are important and you can't get a sense of that purely from data.

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 17:42 - Aug 30 with 1047 viewsWickets

Good as it would be a loan i suppose .
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 17:46 - Aug 30 with 1021 viewsJDB23

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:08 - Aug 30 by StokieBlue

How do you know they haven't?

They also probably wouldn't have done much European scouting as realistically we wouldn't have been able to easily sign people from abroad before the recent rule change.

SB

They may have looked but we obviously haven't signed anyone from abroad or been linked, although links are few and far between these days anyway so can't read too much into that.

The rules are the same for everyone, Plymouth signed players from abroad this year, as did Wednesday. Last season Sunderland got 3/4 from abroad, Coventry got Hamer in their first season in the Champ.

It's a market we should be looking at in our current position but feels like we're focusing on a select pool of young Prem players who aren't quite good enough for that level but have potential. That's good and it's paid off for us before but the competition for those players is fierce. If we have decided against looking overseas this year I hope it's something we are considering to do more of moving forward.
Joe Geldhart - loan… on 18:45 - Aug 30 with 891 viewsGuthrum

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 16:43 - Aug 30 by Naylorsrightboot

There was nothing that much wrong with the hiring of Ahadme and Camara, other than they both happened to become injured. Maybe not the prime target (tho I think the latter probably was one), but no rubbish panic buy, either.

The former is a decent L1 striker who scored goals for Burton and is now doing well at Cambridge. Similarly Camara came highly rated from Plymouth and seems to be liked by the fans at Charlton.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 19:04 - Aug 30 with 819 viewsCoastalblue

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 18:45 - Aug 30 by Guthrum

There was nothing that much wrong with the hiring of Ahadme and Camara, other than they both happened to become injured. Maybe not the prime target (tho I think the latter probably was one), but no rubbish panic buy, either.

The former is a decent L1 striker who scored goals for Burton and is now doing well at Cambridge. Similarly Camara came highly rated from Plymouth and seems to be liked by the fans at Charlton.

Agree with that, not quite sure where this 'Camara was a panic signing' narrative has come from. He was one of the standout players in the league we were playing in before he joined us.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Joe Geldhart - loan… on 19:20 - Aug 30 with 731 viewsjas0999

Our success has been based on on or two loans to top up a squad of our players. A third loan would be disappointing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024