Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Definitely got away with one yesterday 07:47 - Sep 3 with 5112 viewsBlueStreak

Their disallowed goal wasn’t offside at all. Morsy played him on? Second town goal as well I thought would be stopped prior to it coming in as looked like Ramsey had been blocked to the floor before kick taken.

Oh well, who cares? We’ve had our fair share of rough decisions go against us so love it.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:15 - Sep 3 with 1143 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:06 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

It shouldn’t be obviously is taken into consideration by the ref. Also, the lino had a good view across the pitch and nothing from him either (same angle as me).

Anyway, cracking game and a cracking result.

As someone says above, Burns was so convinced it was a pen his remonstrations earned him a booking, and he was closer to it than either of us!

The point is, your OP suggests we were lucky. This pen discussion shows other areas where we didn't get the rub of the green. Their second goal also had a lot of fortune about it, the way it ricocheted around and fell perfectly for the goalscorer. Swings and roundabouts.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:24 - Sep 3 with 1123 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:15 - Sep 3 by The_Flashing_Smile

As someone says above, Burns was so convinced it was a pen his remonstrations earned him a booking, and he was closer to it than either of us!

The point is, your OP suggests we were lucky. This pen discussion shows other areas where we didn't get the rub of the green. Their second goal also had a lot of fortune about it, the way it ricocheted around and fell perfectly for the goalscorer. Swings and roundabouts.

I didn’t want to go over this a lot this morning but here we are. Ok a few points;

1) this is the same burns who was screaming for a corner in the second half when in fact he’d just absolutely shanked it out of play. So I don’t think Burns getting booked by the ref holds much merit

2) they had a goal disallowed at 0-0 which I think was clearly onside

3) I thought the ref would have stopped play before we scored our equaliser due a player being on the deck

4) appreciate your comments on their second goal being lucky, deflected, but that can be said about our second as well as their defender pushed in straight to big Fred

5) our winner literally just smashed Fred in the face and went in, that’s pretty lucky.

6) pen has been discussed to death, I didn’t think it was enough in real time but happy to correct myself if I see a replay (which I’m not sure anyone has yet, dunno?)

ANYWAY, I’m now going yet get into a London for a few Sunday lagers so enjoy the day all. Coyb
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:57 - Sep 3 with 1088 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 09:24 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

I didn’t want to go over this a lot this morning but here we are. Ok a few points;

1) this is the same burns who was screaming for a corner in the second half when in fact he’d just absolutely shanked it out of play. So I don’t think Burns getting booked by the ref holds much merit

3) I thought the ref would have stopped play before we scored our equaliser due a player being on the deck

4) appreciate your comments on their second goal being lucky, deflected, but that can be said about our second as well as their defender pushed in straight to big Fred

5) our winner literally just smashed Fred in the face and went in, that’s pretty lucky.

6) pen has been discussed to death, I didn’t think it was enough in real time but happy to correct myself if I see a replay (which I’m not sure anyone has yet, dunno?)

ANYWAY, I’m now going yet get into a London for a few Sunday lagers so enjoy the day all. Coyb

Ha, it's like you started a thread and don't want anyone to discuss it, just agree with you!

I think you've taken quite the negative slant with most of those points. My Burns comment was just a minor addition to the argument. Plenty of players were claiming pen. Guthers, who is never wrong about anything, has described it as a judo throw.

I've no idea if the disallowed goal was onside as I'm behind the goal... but the lino right in line with it saw it.

Don't remember that for point 3, but a bit of a stretch to call that lucky. There's loads of moves during every game when play goes on while a player's on the deck. And more often than not they're making a meal of it and/or are deliberately going down to stop play.

Our second involved one bad touch by a stretching defender, not really a deflection. THEIR second was ricocheting, as I said. Bouncing all over the place. The two aren't comparable.

Touch of luck about the winner, but it's actually a striker being in the right place at the right time.

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:19 - Sep 3 with 1071 viewsRozz

Looks level here. Worth noting that the player is stepping up from an offside position though, so a very tight one to call.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 11:34]
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:22 - Sep 3 with 1055 viewsbluejacko

Bloody hell woe betide when we lose if your so negative when we win🙄 we’re you praying for var to be installed to ‘prove’ your point?
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:37 - Sep 3 with 1049 viewsSteve_M

Not seen it back yet but wasn’t expecting the flag from my seat in. NS5. Although Ng also got away with what looked like a foul from behind on Davis before their first goal, don’t think we got near the ball after that.

I didn’t think the Broadhead one was a penalty, looked like he jumped into the player but the vehemence of Burns’ reaction means I need to see it again.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:50 - Sep 3 with 1014 viewsandytown

For the Burns corner, I was directly in line with him and the ball took a clear deflection off the defender.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:18 - Sep 3 with 985 viewsBlueStreak

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:22 - Sep 3 by bluejacko

Bloody hell woe betide when we lose if your so negative when we win🙄 we’re you praying for var to be installed to ‘prove’ your point?

I just saying it as I see it. I absolutely love where we are and the progress we have made but we are allowed to make comments you know?

Ok, sorry, should have won 10-0 Cardiff lucky to get nil and we are def winning the champs league this year. Jeez.
Login to get fewer ads

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:33 - Sep 3 with 965 viewsVegtablue

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:18 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

I just saying it as I see it. I absolutely love where we are and the progress we have made but we are allowed to make comments you know?

Ok, sorry, should have won 10-0 Cardiff lucky to get nil and we are def winning the champs league this year. Jeez.

I think good fortune has played a part in three of our victories so far and bad fortune in our one loss - Stoke being the only game in which one side (us) had substantially more of the game and chances. It speaks to why many of us aren't much wiser as to where we'll end up, except for ruling out relegation concerns given how well we've competed with everyone.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:37 - Sep 3 with 956 viewsPhilTWTD

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:19 - Sep 3 by Rozz

Looks level here. Worth noting that the player is stepping up from an offside position though, so a very tight one to call.

His arse looks offside from that.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:41 - Sep 3 with 939 viewsRozz

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:37 - Sep 3 by PhilTWTD

The arsecheek of god?
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:43 - Sep 3 with 930 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

It's a wonder Jaime Peters never suffered more from that.

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 12:32 - Sep 3 with 883 viewsbluejacko

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 11:18 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

See a bit of positivity👍Qualify 26 win it 27 and you can say you called it first.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 12:38 - Sep 3 with 877 viewsgainsboroughblue

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:50 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

Exactly this. Cardiff sorted us out for an hour then we took over. The championship low block is the L1 equivalent on steroids.

Our fitness levels are really impressive. I think that's a large part of what's keeping us/getting us back into/helping see games out. Aside from that 20 mins at Sunderland, we've finished each game the stronger side.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 13:18 - Sep 3 with 843 viewsmonkeymagic

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:19 - Sep 3 by Rozz

Apologies, I really should know the rule but if Hladky is beaten by the first header would the blokes arse still be considered offside? In other words, it was a very good save that prevented a goal.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 13:33 - Sep 3 with 836 viewsVegtablue

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 13:18 - Sep 3 by monkeymagic

Apologies, I really should know the rule but if Hladky is beaten by the first header would the blokes arse still be considered offside? In other words, it was a very good save that prevented a goal.

No, his arse wouldn't have been interfering with play so the save was vital for the flag. Had the player been closer to the line of sight then it would have been offside interference/obstruction but he was out of the way for the header.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 14:48 - Sep 3 with 792 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:48 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

Correct was never a foul. I was in line the other side he wouldn’t have got it and wasn’t enough contact for a pen imo

Indeed, wasn’t a penalty, absolutely no chance. Having seen some YouTube footage from the A block, their offside goal was a yard on. They missed an absolute sitter on the stroke of halftime as well. If you look at the winning goal compared to say the QPR pinball second half involving Clarke, things have gone well for us in those two games.

I’ll take it though.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2023 14:50]
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 14:54 - Sep 3 with 774 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 10:50 - Sep 3 by andytown

For the Burns corner, I was directly in line with him and the ball took a clear deflection off the defender.

They showed a slow motion replay, no deflection at all. Like the pen appeal, Burns will do that when he overhits crosses.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:06 - Sep 3 with 745 viewsDJR

And that would be enough, given rule 11.

"A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit."

The only way judge this would be from the linesman's angle but it certainly is tight.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:09 - Sep 3 with 723 viewsBloomBlue

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 14:48 - Sep 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Indeed, wasn’t a penalty, absolutely no chance. Having seen some YouTube footage from the A block, their offside goal was a yard on. They missed an absolute sitter on the stroke of halftime as well. If you look at the winning goal compared to say the QPR pinball second half involving Clarke, things have gone well for us in those two games.

I’ll take it though.

I wasn't filming but I was in line with the offside and at the point the first player heads it the forward is offside. It's at the point he heads it, not at the point he puts it into the net

I would also argue Hirst missed a sitter at 0-1

I never understand why some fans class a miss by an opposition player as Town having luck, but when a Town player misses they class it as bad finishing.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:31 - Sep 3 with 709 viewsbournemouthblue

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 08:55 - Sep 3 by BlueStreak

I was in line with the offside one and never thought it was at the time, he looked half a yard on but need to see if properly with the lines etc to be sure as I’d had a couple of lagers by then.

I thought they were good, surprised the winger was hooked at half time as thought he was causing us all sorts of trouble and he put a quality ball in that should have been finished just before half time, Meite I think it was.

Just goes to show that there are no mugs in this league, look at the results yesterday. It’s tough but also a lot of fun.

perhaps ironically it was the only time Grant struck one with his left foot and it did look onside at the time

The amount of times he got in down the left with acres of space to shoot on his left, only to switch across to his right and then waste it

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:33 - Sep 3 with 709 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:09 - Sep 3 by BloomBlue

I wasn't filming but I was in line with the offside and at the point the first player heads it the forward is offside. It's at the point he heads it, not at the point he puts it into the net

I would also argue Hirst missed a sitter at 0-1

I never understand why some fans class a miss by an opposition player as Town having luck, but when a Town player misses they class it as bad finishing.

Just because it was a much better chance, Hirst’s was not a sitter, it was a good chance, he hit the target and it was saved. Their chap literally has the goal at his mercy and just has to hit the target, that was a sitter. Burgess missed a good chance at 2-0 though.

It was a close game but Cardiff certainly had a lot good opportunities as the away side and we got a bit of luck at times IMO. I understand the offside law. It was a bit more debatable than I thought looking back at it. Still think he’s just on but as I said we’ll take it, fine margins there either way.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:39 - Sep 3 with 704 viewsPhilTWTD

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:06 - Sep 3 by DJR

And that would be enough, given rule 11.

"A player is in an offside position if:
any part of the head, body or feet is nearer to the opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the second-last opponent

The hands and arms of all players, including the goalkeepers, are not considered. For the purposes of determining offside, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit."

The only way judge this would be from the linesman's angle but it certainly is tight.

As the saying goes, arse offside is offside.
Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:52 - Sep 3 with 672 viewsDubtractor

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 14:48 - Sep 3 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I’ll take it though.

Based on the pics in this thread, that show the bloke a fraction offside, I'd get your youtube recalibrated if I was you.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Definitely got away with one yesterday on 15:52 - Sep 3 with 673 viewstractordownsouth

We got lucky for the offside but I'm not sure it affected the game as they still went on to score the next two goals. Had we gone 1-0 ahead afterwards, it would have been a pivotal moment and they'd have a lot more of a case to be aggrieved but they got the goal eventually and they didn't come out and attack for a third goal after Ralls scored anyway.

In fairness to the Cardiff fans, most of their social media posts have been gracious towards us.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024