Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! 17:52 - Sep 4 with 2541 viewsITFCson

And yet a much more reasonable £25 for southampton. You'd think Sheff Wed just came out the Prem and Southampton out of league 1 rather than the other way around.
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:22 - Sep 4 with 2404 viewsgosblue

Maybe we’ve done a reciprocal deal with Saints.
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:34 - Sep 4 with 2372 viewsArnieM

I think Town fans should boycott both Weds and Leeds away . They know we always take thousands and they have put the prices up to cash in.

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:36 - Sep 4 with 2365 viewsDanny_G

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:22 - Sep 4 by gosblue

Maybe we’ve done a reciprocal deal with Saints.

That’s just their price for category C games https://www.southamptonfc.com/en/match-ticket-prices

They’re charging some home fans only £15 for seats that aren’t really any worse than ours, so they’re not exactly doing us a favour.
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:42 - Sep 4 with 2346 viewsStu_boy

I actually disagree with this, saints can surely offer cheaper tkts due to coming out of the prem with the 100 mil a yr they make up there and the parachute payments. In contrast there is very little money in league 1 so this is reflected in their prices. Having said that the prices for Wednesday are extorniate and ridiculously high
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:44 - Sep 4 with 2341 viewsSheffordBlue

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:34 - Sep 4 by ArnieM

I think Town fans should boycott both Weds and Leeds away . They know we always take thousands and they have put the prices up to cash in.

Leeds offered to do a reciprocal deal and we turned it down

Poll: How many points do you think you'll need to get a ticket for Norwich?

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:46 - Sep 4 with 2333 viewshomer_123

I agree - it's a lot but you don't have to go.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 20:08 - Sep 4 with 2149 viewsSitfcB

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:42 - Sep 4 by Stu_boy

I actually disagree with this, saints can surely offer cheaper tkts due to coming out of the prem with the 100 mil a yr they make up there and the parachute payments. In contrast there is very little money in league 1 so this is reflected in their prices. Having said that the prices for Wednesday are extorniate and ridiculously high

Very little money in League 1 yet they charged £13 less last season!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 20:13 - Sep 4 with 2136 viewsStu_boy

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 20:08 - Sep 4 by SitfcB

Very little money in League 1 yet they charged £13 less last season!

I did think to myself my tkt didnt seem to be that expensive but couldn't remember how much they charged
Login to get fewer ads

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 21:46 - Sep 4 with 1990 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Maybe the Hillsborough tickets are really expensive because they come with a hard hat to protect you from all the coins and lighters thrown by t’home fans.
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 11:47 - Sep 5 with 1775 viewslizzibee

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 21:46 - Sep 4 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Maybe the Hillsborough tickets are really expensive because they come with a hard hat to protect you from all the coins and lighters thrown by t’home fans.

That's about right....not that they have history of that!!! I'll get my body armour ready for the game
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 11:52 - Sep 5 with 1748 viewsE_I_E_I_E_I_O

However u11 is £10 and u5 is £5 at SW but with Southampton they only go as low as u14 which is £15 bringing the average price per supporter much closer together.
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 12:17 - Sep 5 with 1695 viewsrickw

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:44 - Sep 4 by SheffordBlue

Leeds offered to do a reciprocal deal and we turned it down

They did, but we didn't want to sell tickets to away fans cheaper than what we do to home, and they wouldn't accept a slightly higher price.

If fans still want to go they should, just not buy tickets and sing and cheer from outside the stadium - that would really highlight the issue

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 13:21 - Sep 5 with 1594 viewsDarth_Koont

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 18:42 - Sep 4 by Stu_boy

Exactly. We’re looking at 2 clubs with very different needs from their gate money. Wednesday need theirs to pay for the football budget, Southampton has the parachute payments and gate receipts are a fraction of that. So they can afford to “give back” to the fans and keep them onside after the disappointment of relegation.

Of course, 39 quid is ridiculous on its own terms. But that’s what we have to pay to support the football industry and the current model. I think letting the big clubs in Europe disappear into their own reality of a super league might seem painful but I don’t see another way of making the smaller clubs and lower tiers sustainable while the market is being inflated to such an extent.

Pronouns: He/Him

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 13:55 - Sep 5 with 1536 viewspetieboy2011

Sheffield Wednesday are charging Adult Non Members £51 to sit in the South Stand for this game - its a disgrace!

According to their owners their plan was to charge based on how well they are doing in the league - if thats how much they charge for being 2nd bottom on 1 point, I dread to think what they'd charge if they were in our position!
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 14:04 - Sep 5 with 1521 viewsportmanroadblue

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 13:21 - Sep 5 by Darth_Koont

Exactly. We’re looking at 2 clubs with very different needs from their gate money. Wednesday need theirs to pay for the football budget, Southampton has the parachute payments and gate receipts are a fraction of that. So they can afford to “give back” to the fans and keep them onside after the disappointment of relegation.

Of course, 39 quid is ridiculous on its own terms. But that’s what we have to pay to support the football industry and the current model. I think letting the big clubs in Europe disappear into their own reality of a super league might seem painful but I don’t see another way of making the smaller clubs and lower tiers sustainable while the market is being inflated to such an extent.

What they should have done was not be allowed to have a Premiership and run by one unit giving the lower leagues more of the profits from Sky etc.
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 16:08 - Sep 5 with 1416 viewsStewart27

Do you think Southampton will sell out?

Norwich played them on a Saturday and their fans were dressed as red seats for the day.
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 16:12 - Sep 5 with 1406 viewsjontysnut

I'm paying £32 to watch AFC Wimbledon v Stockport on Saturday!
£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 16:41 - Sep 5 with 1355 viewsMullet

Sheff Weds are robbing bastards, whereas Saints probably know that reducing prices will tempt more to go given it's a Tuesday and basically France.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 16:50 - Sep 5 with 1337 viewsMetal_Hacker

To be fair you are entering God's Country (Yorkshire) or at least that's what they call it up here

Poll: If it were one or the other

£39 for Sheff wed ticket! on 17:00 - Sep 5 with 1302 viewsBluebell

For Sheffield Wed it is actually £40.50 when you add on the admin charge.

Under 21 are £30.50 and under 17 are £16.50. How can youngsters afford that?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024