Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Club missing out 10:52 - Sep 5 with 2265 viewsportmanroadblue

I think the club should offer a priority point for every home cup game. Should generate significant funds especially at the earlier stages.
Club missing out on 12:00 - Sep 5 with 2132 viewsxrayspecs

If you did that, then what is the argument for not awarding points for home league games?

That would take us back to the old system where ST holders had an inbuilt advantage.
Club missing out on 12:05 - Sep 5 with 2100 viewsSitfcB

Club missing out on 12:00 - Sep 5 by xrayspecs

If you did that, then what is the argument for not awarding points for home league games?

That would take us back to the old system where ST holders had an inbuilt advantage.

At a fans forum when new loyalty was discussed Ashton did mention about rewarding season ticket holders who do turn up to games with points or something like that, could be in the pipeline further down the line.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Club missing out on 12:14 - Sep 5 with 2060 viewsxrayspecs

Club missing out on 12:05 - Sep 5 by SitfcB

At a fans forum when new loyalty was discussed Ashton did mention about rewarding season ticket holders who do turn up to games with points or something like that, could be in the pipeline further down the line.

Possibly.

One of the benefit of the new scheme is that it gives non-ST holders a better chance of getting away tickets. This benefits a lot of our fans, especially those who do not live close to Ipswich.

Giving ST holders points for attending home games recreates an arguably uneven playing field.
Club missing out on 13:01 - Sep 5 with 1940 viewsHighgateBlue

I think the argument would be that we have virtual sellouts at league home games at the moment, and there's no real need to create an incentive. On the other hand, people seem far less interested in Cup games, even in the FA Cup against higher league opposition. There's therefore a case to be made that an incentive to buy such tickets may be a positive for the club. After all, it's free for them to dole out these points.

Whatever they do, I think one priority should be to avoid the danger that fans are being divided or made to feel resentful about who has the right number of points. This is a time when the fanbase should be united and joyful, and I think just a little bit of care is necessary. A consultation on how the system is working might help to ensure that goodwill is maintained.
Club missing out on 13:43 - Sep 5 with 1843 viewsCityBlue

season ticket holders don't automatically get tickets now though - but i get the sentiment.

One could say that only the same group of people can get to away matches...

I T I D

Club missing out on 13:55 - Sep 5 with 1813 viewsxrayspecs

Club missing out on 13:43 - Sep 5 by CityBlue

season ticket holders don't automatically get tickets now though - but i get the sentiment.

My point was if you award points for some home games, then you should do it for all home games. I could have been clearer. That would have a similar effect to putting non-ST holders behind ST holders in the queues for away tickets, which was one of the issues they addressed in the new scheme.

While it is true that those with most points have greater access to away tickets than those with fewer, it is far from the same group who go to every game. IIRC correctly Sunderland got to general sale, QPR got to 5 points (or general sale?). SW will almost certainly get to GS and I would be surprised if it sells out, such is their greed over ticket prices. Southampton should get to GS too.

If anything it will be easier to get away tickets this season than last, as the allocations are often much larger and we will have more televised games, especially in midweek, which will dampen demand for tickets.
Club missing out on 14:13 - Sep 5 with 1765 viewsportmanroadblue

Club missing out on 13:55 - Sep 5 by xrayspecs

My point was if you award points for some home games, then you should do it for all home games. I could have been clearer. That would have a similar effect to putting non-ST holders behind ST holders in the queues for away tickets, which was one of the issues they addressed in the new scheme.

While it is true that those with most points have greater access to away tickets than those with fewer, it is far from the same group who go to every game. IIRC correctly Sunderland got to general sale, QPR got to 5 points (or general sale?). SW will almost certainly get to GS and I would be surprised if it sells out, such is their greed over ticket prices. Southampton should get to GS too.

If anything it will be easier to get away tickets this season than last, as the allocations are often much larger and we will have more televised games, especially in midweek, which will dampen demand for tickets.

Cup games have to be brought, does not come with a ST, yes for big games ST holders get an offer to buy there seat first, but other than that cup games everyone has to pay, so to generate bigger attendances other than reduce prices, offer a priority point for away games. I do not see an advantage for ST holders whatsoever?
Club missing out on 14:21 - Sep 5 with 1748 viewsxrayspecs

Club missing out on 14:13 - Sep 5 by portmanroadblue

Cup games have to be brought, does not come with a ST, yes for big games ST holders get an offer to buy there seat first, but other than that cup games everyone has to pay, so to generate bigger attendances other than reduce prices, offer a priority point for away games. I do not see an advantage for ST holders whatsoever?

The OP was about awarding points to fans who attended home cup ties.

My point was that if you awarded points for home cup ties, then why would you not do so for home league games?

And if you awarded points for attending home league games, then it would mean that ST holders would likely have more points, and better access, to away match tickets, than fans who do not live close to Ipswich.

This was one of the things that the new priority system has actively addressed so non-local fans are not disadvantaged, they were previously behind ST holders in the queue for away tickets.
Login to get fewer ads

Club missing out on 14:51 - Sep 5 with 1668 viewsZx1988

It's a good point.

Say, for argument's sake, that we have a good run in the League Cup and get a plum later-round draw or even end up getting to Wembley.

It would only be fair to reward those who purchased tickets to see matches against lesser opponents in the earlier rounds, whereas they may not get any priority whatsoever if they don't have a membership or don't go to away games.

Poll: Stone Island - immediate associations

Club missing out on 14:52 - Sep 5 with 1661 viewsxrayspecs

Club missing out on 14:51 - Sep 5 by Zx1988

It's a good point.

Say, for argument's sake, that we have a good run in the League Cup and get a plum later-round draw or even end up getting to Wembley.

It would only be fair to reward those who purchased tickets to see matches against lesser opponents in the earlier rounds, whereas they may not get any priority whatsoever if they don't have a membership or don't go to away games.

Like Reading away?
Club missing out on 14:52 - Sep 5 with 1659 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

ST holders should have an advantage though, we are the biggest funders of the club outside of the ownership!
Club missing out on 15:14 - Sep 5 with 1621 viewsCoastalblue

Club missing out on 14:52 - Sep 5 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

ST holders should have an advantage though, we are the biggest funders of the club outside of the ownership!

Why should they have an advantage for away games? If they go away regularly then they're getting points and gaining that advantage anyway, surely no more advantage required?

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Club missing out on 16:06 - Sep 5 with 1539 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Presumably the club has a record of who has bought cup tickets home and away and will use that if there is need for a priority system should we draw a bigger side later in the competition.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Club missing out on 16:12 - Sep 5 with 1524 viewsCheltenham_Blue

So we're talking about rewarding fans for living geographically closer to Ipswich, and penalising fans that can't get to PR on a Wednesday night because of work commitments and/or travel restrictions?

Can't see that one flying somehow.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Club missing out on 16:23 - Sep 5 with 1487 viewsozzy_itfc

Club missing out on 14:52 - Sep 5 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

This.

Surely committing to going to 23 home games a year should be the 'membership'.

It hardly seems fair that spending £40 on a membership means someone can overtake priority to people committing 10 x + of that in investing into ITFC by attending all home games. (Bearing in mind that we receive little to no income from away tickets, goes to the home club).
Club missing out on 16:24 - Sep 5 with 1475 viewsportmanroadblue

Club missing out on 16:12 - Sep 5 by Cheltenham_Blue

So we're talking about rewarding fans for living geographically closer to Ipswich, and penalising fans that can't get to PR on a Wednesday night because of work commitments and/or travel restrictions?

Can't see that one flying somehow.

Do the same as Reading away :-)
Club missing out on 16:35 - Sep 5 with 1428 viewsCoastalblue

Club missing out on 16:23 - Sep 5 by ozzy_itfc

This.

Surely committing to going to 23 home games a year should be the 'membership'.

It hardly seems fair that spending £40 on a membership means someone can overtake priority to people committing 10 x + of that in investing into ITFC by attending all home games. (Bearing in mind that we receive little to no income from away tickets, goes to the home club).

They don't though do they? Unless they go to away games and garner points then they're not really any better off.

You think season ticket holders should have priority over people who follow the club all over the country regularly? I disagree, and whilst I'm not now I was a season ticket holder for about 20 years, and would still have felt the same then.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.

Club missing out on 16:42 - Sep 5 with 1409 viewsozzy_itfc

Club missing out on 16:35 - Sep 5 by Coastalblue

They don't though do they? Unless they go to away games and garner points then they're not really any better off.

You think season ticket holders should have priority over people who follow the club all over the country regularly? I disagree, and whilst I'm not now I was a season ticket holder for about 20 years, and would still have felt the same then.

I think season ticket holders should have a priority compared to people who do not hold a season ticket, yes I do.

I think everyone should build up away points, regardless of membership. So, if you are a season ticket holder that goes to many away games then you receive priority over those people who less frequently. I don't think that can be argued with.

QPR away got to 5+ points (Just), so someone who doesn't attend any home games could have managed to buy an away ticket for that game, if they were quick enough, by paying a £40 membership fee and having higher priority than a season ticket holder who will attend at least 23 home games. This member may only attend a handful of away games in the entire season.
Club missing out on 16:46 - Sep 5 with 1396 viewsbenrhyddingblue

Club missing out on 15:14 - Sep 5 by Coastalblue

Why should they have an advantage for away games? If they go away regularly then they're getting points and gaining that advantage anyway, surely no more advantage required?

I didn’t get any points for last seasons away games that I attended so your reasoning is incorrect
Club missing out on 16:51 - Sep 5 with 1376 viewsozzy_itfc

Club missing out on 16:46 - Sep 5 by benrhyddingblue

I didn’t get any points for last seasons away games that I attended so your reasoning is incorrect

I know someone who has a season ticket last year + this year, went to 12 away games last year. Didn't have a membership because he didn't need once for the away games he wanted to attend. Bought a membership this year and only has 5 points, because he didn't have a membership last year.

whereas i hear people who had a silver membership, which was effectively for home tickets i think, starting off on 10 points + because they had a memerbship last year + this year and went to a couple of away games (as well as a couple of home games). So someone who attended 35 games last year has less than half the points as someone who went to 4 games :)
Club missing out on 17:00 - Sep 5 with 1341 viewsCoastalblue

Club missing out on 16:46 - Sep 5 by benrhyddingblue

But you will for this, so going forward you will build your points balance.

It's not perfect I agree, I attended away games I haven't earnt points for last season as well, but I disagree that a season ticket holder should have priority over somebody who attends most games, home and away.

Club missing out on 17:53 - Sep 5 with 1274 viewsMeadowlark

Club missing out on 13:01 - Sep 5 by HighgateBlue

I think the argument would be that we have virtual sellouts at league home games at the moment, and there's no real need to create an incentive. On the other hand, people seem far less interested in Cup games, even in the FA Cup against higher league opposition. There's therefore a case to be made that an incentive to buy such tickets may be a positive for the club. After all, it's free for them to dole out these points.

Whatever they do, I think one priority should be to avoid the danger that fans are being divided or made to feel resentful about who has the right number of points. This is a time when the fanbase should be united and joyful, and I think just a little bit of care is necessary. A consultation on how the system is working might help to ensure that goodwill is maintained.

"fanbase"
😶
Club missing out on 10:22 - Sep 6 with 995 viewsParky

Club missing out on 13:43 - Sep 5 by CityBlue

Obviously wouldn’t have generated as much income for the club, but Season Tickets should have counted as a ‘membership’ this year and then non season tickets holders could purchase the membership for the £40, and then work on the points basis from there.

Obviously you’re never going to please everybody, but the way above would give season tickets some form of loyalty for buying a season ticket, but then gives the people who can’t buy a season ticket an option to buy the membership.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024