Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scam alert - "O2" 15:53 - Sep 13 with 549 viewsFreddies_Ears

All, I have received 2 scam calls in 2 days, allegedly from O2, wanting to talk to me about my bill. I have no relationship with O2 at all.

Numbers calling began 0161 and 0151, so appear legit.

Stay safe.
Scam alert - "O2" on 16:01 - Sep 13 with 513 viewsGavTWTD

I've received a lot recently. I've not have one since I politely said "I'm not interested, please remove me". It seems my previous calls weren't polite enough! Aparently just ending the call doesn't indicate to them that I wasn't interested.

Mine were wanting to talk about my "plan" rather than my bill. I'm sure they referenced "plan.com" but that doesn't check out.

I don't doubt they are a scam, but as they are ringing all numbers under the sun, they may be respecting being asked to be removed possibly to save them time!

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Scam alert - "O2" on 16:24 - Sep 13 with 461 viewshoppy

I've had quite a few of those too, although I am on O2... but these calls are from 'so and so' on behalf of O2... I just ask them to send the details of whatever offer it is to my email that's on my account and I can then consider them in my own time. Strangely enough, I never receive said emails...

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Scam alert - "O2" on 16:30 - Sep 13 with 443 viewsJ2BLUE

Scams have recently gone up a level. The best one I have seen is a one time passcode for a payment to eBay from your [insert name of bank] account. Luckily this one said Tesco bank and I don't have a Tesco account but scams are definitely getting better.

For less experienced people, if you are in ANY doubt don't do anything. If it gives you a phone number then google it first. If you do think it's legit but have any doubt, google the name of the company you want to phone and find a phone number on their website rather than use the one given.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Scam alert - "O2" on 16:30 - Sep 13 with 443 viewsJimmyJazz

I've had a few. The first had me going for a bit. They offer to reduce your monthly bill by about 40%. They send you a link that you need to click and then call them back. I received the link with an accompanying second link saying the first link is a scam and not to proceed.

The guy then rang me back a few minutes later, still swearing blind he was from O2 asking why I hadn't continued

My thought at the time was if you really are O2, contact your customers in a safer way that doesn't mimic cold calls from scammers

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024