Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? 12:17 - Sep 14 with 2188 viewsitfc1108

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-66806900
Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 12:37 - Sep 14 with 2107 viewssolemio

Gazza? Only a guess.
Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 12:48 - Sep 14 with 2076 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Italia 90 Shirt Match Worn Collection by Marshalls_Mullet 14 Sep 2023 11:51
I wonder who the mystery seller is? There's a limited pool that it can be.

I guess its likely that they played in every England match, including the play off. So that would probably rule Gazza out, and the story rules Shilton out.

Suggestions and reasons:

Mark Wright - Southampton team mate of Townsend.

Peter Beardsley - Controversies might explain the anonymity.

John Barnes - Big tax bill to pay.

I doubt its Gazza, you would think putting his name to the collection would increase the value given that he is an icon of Italia 90.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 12:57 - Sep 14 with 2036 viewsWeWereZombies

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 12:48 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

I guess its likely that they played in every England match, including the play off. So that would probably rule Gazza out, and the story rules Shilton out.

Suggestions and reasons:

I doubt its Gazza, you would think putting his name to the collection would increase the value given that he is an icon of Italia 90.

Shilton has had problems hanging on to his money...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:04 - Sep 14 with 2013 viewsSteve_M

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 12:57 - Sep 14 by WeWereZombies

Shilton has had problems hanging on to his money...

Mark Wright played for Derby I think too. The only headlines I can recall about him post-career involved racism.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:30 - Sep 14 with 1933 viewsPlums

Steve Hodge lives in Nottingham and has a thing for shirts
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12605396/diego-maradonas-hand-of-g

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:49 - Sep 14 with 1874 viewsIllinoisblue

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:04 - Sep 14 by Steve_M

Mark Wright played for Derby I think too. The only headlines I can recall about him post-career involved racism.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:51 - Sep 14 with 1868 viewsBlueBoots

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 12:48 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Suggestions and reasons:

"The shirts were worn or match-issued to Andy Townsend, Republic of Ireland; Johannes van't Schip, Holland; Sader Eid, Egypt; Marc van der Linden, Belgium; Emmanuel Kunde, Cameroon; Klaus Augenthaler, West Germany, and Giuseppe Giannini, Italy."

Must be some footage online of players swapping shirts at the final whistle which will solve the mystery!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:51 - Sep 14 with 1855 viewsElephantintheRoom

Fairly rubbish shirts - suggests a sub maybe. Can’t think of anyone who’d want a signed Shilton shirt in the England team apart from Peter Shilton - or perhaps the reserve goalie, whoever that was.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Login to get fewer ads

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:02 - Sep 14 with 1818 viewshomer_123

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:51 - Sep 14 by ElephantintheRoom

Fairly rubbish shirts - suggests a sub maybe. Can’t think of anyone who’d want a signed Shilton shirt in the England team apart from Peter Shilton - or perhaps the reserve goalie, whoever that was.

Genuine question - are you as miserable as you come across on here in real life?
[Post edited 14 Sep 2023 14:02]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:06 - Sep 14 with 1793 viewshoppy

Chris Waddle would be my guess, as he featured in all 7 games. Otherwise, Mark Wright would be my other guess, but he was only a squad member for the Ireland game, so not sure.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:16 - Sep 14 with 1767 viewsIllinoisblue

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:06 - Sep 14 by hoppy

Chris Waddle would be my guess, as he featured in all 7 games. Otherwise, Mark Wright would be my other guess, but he was only a squad member for the Ireland game, so not sure.

Internet detectives have determined it’s Mark Wright.

62 - 78 - 81

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:20 - Sep 14 with 1732 viewshoppy

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:16 - Sep 14 by Illinoisblue

Next, can they look into the reasoning of the dodgy looking salutes in the background after this Germany game?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:36 - Sep 14 with 1685 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:16 - Sep 14 by Illinoisblue

Excellent work.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Excellent work by the auctioneers making this go viral. on 14:39 - Sep 14 with 1665 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Bravo to their marketing team.

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:40 - Sep 14 with 1654 viewsIllinoisblue

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:20 - Sep 14 by hoppy

Next, can they look into the reasoning of the dodgy looking salutes in the background after this Germany game?

Oh, good spot. Seems that such a despicable gesture by the Germans should mean the result of the game is overturned.

62 - 78 - 81

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:42 - Sep 14 with 1643 viewsIllinoisblue

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:36 - Sep 14 by Marshalls_Mullet

Excellent work.

I’m always impressed when they uncover which photos those badly drawn generic football birthday cards are based on.

62 - 78 - 81

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 14:46 - Sep 14 with 1627 viewsBlueBoots

Annoyed that it wasn't more obvious to me...Shilton and Wright were teammates at Derby during Italia '90 (which would explain why he was given the shirt), and the auctioneers selling the shirts are even based in Derbyshire - really made harder work of that than necessary!

Poll: My morning poo-poo took 3 flushes to clear. Who do I call?

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 19:24 - Sep 14 with 1376 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 13:30 - Sep 14 by Plums

Steve Hodge lives in Nottingham and has a thing for shirts
https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12605396/diego-maradonas-hand-of-g

And was a Forest team mate of Shilton's, which could explain why he would ask for his shirt.
Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 19:26 - Sep 14 with 1371 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Which italia 90 England player do people think this could be? on 19:24 - Sep 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

And was a Forest team mate of Shilton's, which could explain why he would ask for his shirt.

Or I could have just read the whole thread.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024