Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football 18:08 - Sep 24 with 3125 viewsNthQldITFC

club called 'Hashtag United'.

(there might be other things, and I might not actually 'hate' any of them, well not like I hate the T*ries or Kentucky Fried Chicken, anyway.)

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:10 - Sep 24 with 2873 viewsthatbdude

Aren't they the club owned by Youtubers?

Poll: Who going down?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:25 - Sep 24 with 2836 viewsCheese_Sandwich

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:10 - Sep 24 by thatbdude

Aren't they the club owned by Youtubers?

Edited in light of Homer's post.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 18:43]
If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:40 - Sep 24 with 2818 viewshomer_123

I happen to know the owners rather well (Spence and his dad Steve).

Think what you like about the name but it has an exceptional grassroots of both boys and girls football and is very well run. I know a lot of the managers and coaches and the ethos of the Club at that level is superb - also very well supported by the owners.

They do an awful lot right - yes, the name isn't to everyone's taste, granted, but as a Club, I have a lot of time for them.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 18:40]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:42 - Sep 24 with 2789 viewsCheese_Sandwich

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:40 - Sep 24 by homer_123

Think what you like about the name but it has an exceptional grassroots of both boys and girls football and is very well run. I know a lot of the managers and coaches and the ethos of the Club at that level is superb - also very well supported by the owners.

They do an awful lot right - yes, the name isn't to everyone's taste, granted, but as a Club, I have a lot of time for them.

They sound decent enough then.

Couldn't they just change the name to something less irritating?!
If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:42 - Sep 24 with 2781 viewsthatbdude

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:25 - Sep 24 by Cheese_Sandwich

Edited in light of Homer's post.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2023 18:43]

Online celebs

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:43 - Sep 24 with 2771 viewsCheese_Sandwich

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:42 - Sep 24 by thatbdude

Online celebs

All those terms, yes!
If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:43 - Sep 24 with 2772 viewsthatbdude

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:42 - Sep 24 by Cheese_Sandwich

They sound decent enough then.

Couldn't they just change the name to something less irritating?!

Pitsea united would be better

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 20:47 - Sep 24 with 2591 viewsNthQldITFC

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:40 - Sep 24 by homer_123

Now I feel a Charlie Hunt. I just don't like the silly name and knew nothing about the club at all. Lazy posting. They sound like a decent bunch then. I sound like a Charlie.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Login to get fewer ads

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 21:29 - Sep 24 with 2521 viewsfabian_illness

My eldest lads played against them several times. I think they offer a place for recently released academy players to train and pick up a few that suit their level. They also unearth a few rough diamonds that have fallen through the net and give them a bit of a platform.
Annoying name, but a really good ethos.
If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 21:31 - Sep 24 with 2513 viewsWeWereZombies

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:43 - Sep 24 by thatbdude

The absolute and utter Pitsea ?

Boringly serious answer to the OP - all the betting sponsorship. And it isn't just me, there was an episode of the BBC programme HARDtalk where Stephen Sackur interviewed Tony Adams that made clear the damage that is done to some players by gambling addiction. Adams came across very well, nit just on gambling but on racism, sexism and battles with addiction.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 21:40 - Sep 24 with 2494 viewsbournemouthblue

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 21:29 - Sep 24 by fabian_illness

My eldest lads played against them several times. I think they offer a place for recently released academy players to train and pick up a few that suit their level. They also unearth a few rough diamonds that have fallen through the net and give them a bit of a platform.
Annoying name, but a really good ethos.

Their women beat our women's team fairly recently?

They're a nouveau riche club but very well run, clearly

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 22:06 - Sep 24 with 2411 viewsthatbdude

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 21:31 - Sep 24 by WeWereZombies

The absolute and utter Pitsea ?

Boringly serious answer to the OP - all the betting sponsorship. And it isn't just me, there was an episode of the BBC programme HARDtalk where Stephen Sackur interviewed Tony Adams that made clear the damage that is done to some players by gambling addiction. Adams came across very well, nit just on gambling but on racism, sexism and battles with addiction.

Lesser Pitsea United

And while I'm not the OP I can say Gambling is one of the worst things to appear in the sport (and in life as a whole)

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 07:18 - Sep 25 with 2236 viewshomer_123

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 20:47 - Sep 24 by NthQldITFC

Now I feel a Charlie Hunt. I just don't like the silly name and knew nothing about the club at all. Lazy posting. They sound like a decent bunch then. I sound like a Charlie.

No, I get the 'name' thing, fully appreciate it is not to everyone's taste.

I'm pretty sure your OP was about the name only fella! ;)

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 07:42 - Sep 25 with 2201 viewspennblue

I think whats more annoying is that their women's team are above us in the League.

Poll: How are we going to try and undermine the manager today?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 07:45 - Sep 25 with 2187 viewsDJR

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 18:43 - Sep 24 by thatbdude

Talk of Pitsea brings to mind the Billy Bragg song where it gets a mention.

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 08:00 - Sep 25 with 2152 viewsDJR

Clearly some similarities with Ebbsfleet United in the sense of a social media background.

And talking of small clubs being successful from nothing, Fisher Athletic (now defunct) takes some beating. Based in Surrey Docks in Southwark, their stadium, from recollection, had no stands but they reached the giddy heights of the Football Conference back in the late 80s.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 8:02]
If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 08:57 - Sep 25 with 2095 viewsParisBlue

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 08:00 - Sep 25 by DJR

Clearly some similarities with Ebbsfleet United in the sense of a social media background.

And talking of small clubs being successful from nothing, Fisher Athletic (now defunct) takes some beating. Based in Surrey Docks in Southwark, their stadium, from recollection, had no stands but they reached the giddy heights of the Football Conference back in the late 80s.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 8:02]

See also Dorking Wanderers.

Libraries gave us power
Poll: Which position in the table will we be after Saturday?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:05 - Sep 25 with 2080 viewsbluelagos

I'll raise you Red Bull Leipzig

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:07 - Sep 25 with 2072 viewsKeno

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:05 - Sep 25 by bluelagos

I'll raise you Red Bull Leipzig

Sorry but Norwich City Football Club would like to participate in this thread

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:08 - Sep 25 with 2068 viewsKeno

Whats wrong with KFC? (apart from that they dont of BBQ spare ribs or thick milk shakes)

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:11 - Sep 25 with 2055 viewsDJR

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:08 - Sep 25 by Keno

Whats wrong with KFC? (apart from that they dont of BBQ spare ribs or thick milk shakes)

And haven't Killie beaten both Rangers and Celtic this season?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:12]
If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:13 - Sep 25 with 2043 viewsWeWereZombies

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 22:06 - Sep 24 by thatbdude

Lesser Pitsea United

And while I'm not the OP I can say Gambling is one of the worst things to appear in the sport (and in life as a whole)

Pineapple DOES NOT belong on a Pitsea F C ?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:20]

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:24 - Sep 25 with 1994 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

If there isn't a football it isn't football.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:25 - Sep 25 with 1993 viewsKeno

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:13 - Sep 25 by WeWereZombies

Pineapple DOES NOT belong on a Pitsea F C ?
[Post edited 25 Sep 2023 9:20]

**ahem**

there is nothing like a nice Hawaii Pizza or Burger!!

Even Town fan John Constable painted a picture of a Geordie in a cart stuck in a stream eating one

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:27 - Sep 25 with 1990 viewsWeWereZombies

If there's one thing I hate in football it's the fact that there is a football on 09:25 - Sep 25 by Keno

**ahem**

there is nothing like a nice Hawaii Pizza or Burger!!

Even Town fan John Constable painted a picture of a Geordie in a cart stuck in a stream eating one

Sorry.

Deep Fried Pitsea F C it is then.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024