Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 10:53 - Sep 30 with 2215 viewsLeistonBlue

God Bless the North
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:19 - Sep 30 with 2122 viewsnorthants

I live in Rugby and regularly drink Timothy Taylor Landlord for £2.79.
I regularly work in London and drink the same pint for £6.25 around Euston station.

.......I don't like working in London.
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:19 - Sep 30 with 2114 viewsCheltenham_Blue

It's like regional variations on the cost of petrol. How can it happen?

Personally, I think the whole of the South is subsidising beer costs for the North so that they look more 'salt of the earth'.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:21 - Sep 30 with 2109 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:19 - Sep 30 by northants

I live in Rugby and regularly drink Timothy Taylor Landlord for £2.79.
I regularly work in London and drink the same pint for £6.25 around Euston station.

.......I don't like working in London.

I bought a pint in the Yorkshire Grey just off Regent's Street the other day - £7.30.

SEVEN pounds 30 for one pint. Unbelievable Jeff!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:24 - Sep 30 with 2094 viewsfabian_illness

Beer in the morning?
What is the world coming to.
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:25 - Sep 30 with 2080 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:24 - Sep 30 by fabian_illness

Beer in the morning?
What is the world coming to.

I just assumed he was in an airport or in a train station.

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:28 - Sep 30 with 2071 views_clive_baker_

That’s possible in London to be fair.

The only compromise is it’s a pint of water.
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:35 - Sep 30 with 2035 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:28 - Sep 30 by _clive_baker_

*pond water.

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:38 - Sep 30 with 2015 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:35 - Sep 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

*pond water.

Yes. But you get some tadpoles with it.
A delicacy in some parts.

Login to get fewer ads

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:55 - Sep 30 with 1952 viewsWeWereZombies

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:25 - Sep 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

Huddersfield International Heliport ?

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 12:21 - Sep 30 with 1874 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:21 - Sep 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

I bought a pint in the Yorkshire Grey just off Regent's Street the other day - £7.30.

“bought a pint in the Yorkshire Grey just off Regent's Street the other day - £7.30.”

You can buy a whole street for that in Burnley.
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 12:23 - Sep 30 with 1862 viewsPendejo

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:28 - Sep 30 by _clive_baker_

I think Ruddles has recently topped £2 in my local spoons, not sure if that's counted as muddy water or with or without tadpoles...

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 12:28 - Sep 30 with 1846 viewsBloomBlue

Reminds me of a friend who lives in the North and has always worried that 'leveling up' will mean he has to pay the same price for beer as people in the South.
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 12:55 - Sep 30 with 1752 viewsLeaky

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:19 - Sep 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

It's like regional variations on the cost of petrol. How can it happen?

Personally, I think the whole of the South is subsidising beer costs for the North so that they look more 'salt of the earth'.

Probably because property rental is cheaper up norf
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 13:49 - Sep 30 with 1603 viewsacj

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 12:28 - Sep 30 by BloomBlue

Reminds me of a friend who lives in the North and has always worried that 'leveling up' will mean he has to pay the same price for beer as people in the South.

Perfectly valid concern!

Poll: Will Town score again this season?

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 16:09 - Sep 30 with 1421 viewsstonojnr

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:25 - Sep 30 by Cheltenham_Blue

There is a very good pub on Huddersfield station called the Head of Steam, its where you can start the Rail Ale trail from to Manchester
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 16:14 - Sep 30 with 1400 viewsstonojnr

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 11:21 - Sep 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

That's the tourist tax :)

Actually Landlord pricing usually means it's considered premium cask, like they charge 20quid a cask more for it than most other brewers charge for equivalent abv/style beers, so the price is always higher than the normal average beer

Tbf it's a right pita beer to keep as the yeast can be so lively, so if its on drink it, regardless of cost, because the landlord has made a choice to put it on and probably knows what they're doing more than most
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 17:13 - Sep 30 with 1344 viewsBramidan

Trouble is you have to go up to the North.
I’d rather pay the 6.25 just outside London.
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 17:42 - Sep 30 with 1304 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 16:14 - Sep 30 by stonojnr

That's the tourist tax :)

Actually Landlord pricing usually means it's considered premium cask, like they charge 20quid a cask more for it than most other brewers charge for equivalent abv/style beers, so the price is always higher than the normal average beer

Tbf it's a right pita beer to keep as the yeast can be so lively, so if its on drink it, regardless of cost, because the landlord has made a choice to put it on and probably knows what they're doing more than most

The Yorkshire Grey is a Sam Smiths and the pint in question was their Pure Brewed Organic which they always serve.

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 18:50 - Sep 30 with 1210 viewsstonojnr

I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 17:42 - Sep 30 by The_Flashing_Smile

The Yorkshire Grey is a Sam Smiths and the pint in question was their Pure Brewed Organic which they always serve.

Sam smiths pubs are a law unto their own, no mobiles but they charge £5 for 355ml bottles, in northern pubs, their India pale ale is £4.40. Yep you drink their 4x best it's 2.20.
I’ve just ordered a pint and it cost me £2.35 on 19:22 - Sep 30 with 1146 viewsTractorWood

The pub I was in today charged £4 pre-game and £2.95 after the game.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024