Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If the rain in Rotherham 07:22 - Oct 20 with 4429 viewsgtsb1966

is as bad as the rain in Sudbury at the moment there's not a prayer tonight's game goes ahead.
If the rain in Rotherham on 09:15 - Oct 20 with 1048 viewsSimonds92

If the rain in Rotherham on 08:56 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

The idea we can only win when conditions are ideal is very odd. We're a much better side than Rotherham and whilst conditions will be better for them than us it's a game we should have enough about us to win.

Its more that its less ideal for us and very ideal for them. We play the game with the ball on the ground and with surface water / boggy ground its going to be difficult. Having a decent surface is important to us, if it wasnt, we wouldnt have a state of the art pitch.
If the rain in Rotherham on 09:25 - Oct 20 with 969 viewsCheltenham_Blue

If the rain in Rotherham on 09:08 - Oct 20 by geg1992

I'd be really surprised if it goes ahead.

Not especially heavy in Rotherham at the moment. Falling at about 0.6mm per hour.
However, still a long way to go.

https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/rotherham-forge-island

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

If the rain in Rotherham on 09:39 - Oct 20 with 925 viewsportmanking

If the rain in Rotherham on 09:25 - Oct 20 by Cheltenham_Blue

Not especially heavy in Rotherham at the moment. Falling at about 0.6mm per hour.
However, still a long way to go.

https://www.farsondigitalwatercams.com/locations/rotherham-forge-island

My uber-reliable Norwegian meteorologist site keeps downgrading the rain now in Rotherham. It was meant to be 7.8cm of rain today but now just 3.6cm.
If the rain in Rotherham on 09:43 - Oct 20 with 896 viewspositivity

If the rain in Rotherham on 08:56 - Oct 20 by Herbivore

The idea we can only win when conditions are ideal is very odd. We're a much better side than Rotherham and whilst conditions will be better for them than us it's a game we should have enough about us to win.

we should still be able to win, but a lot of people are still scarred by the oxford game...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

If the rain in Rotherham on 09:44 - Oct 20 with 885 viewsHalf_Idiot

I live in south Sheffield and the rain hasn't stopped since last night and only seems to be getting stronger. Forecast suggests it isn't going to get any better.
If the rain in Rotherham on 10:03 - Oct 20 with 792 viewsHerbivore

If the rain in Rotherham on 09:43 - Oct 20 by positivity

we should still be able to win, but a lot of people are still scarred by the oxford game...

That was a rather different affair though. We've played on heavy pitches plenty, playing when you can't see more than 10 yards is a different kettle of fish.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If the rain in Rotherham on 10:08 - Oct 20 with 751 viewsportmanking

To me, the Netweather radar looks like the worst of the rain is leaving Rotherham in the next 15-30 mins. Will just be steady rain from 11-midday.
If the rain in Rotherham on 10:13 - Oct 20 with 718 viewscarlo88

Their pitch supposedly has a fairly unique grass/synthetic surface which is more weather resistant, so there should be less chance of it being postponed. Plus presumably they have a cover too?
Login to get fewer ads

If the rain in Rotherham on 10:14 - Oct 20 with 713 viewsHerbivore

Phil says it's on.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

If the rain in Rotherham on 14:41 - Oct 20 with 573 viewsMenton

If the rain in Rotherham on 09:07 - Oct 20 by TractorBoy

I’m in Sherwood. In the words of Mark Ashton, the rain here is relentless.

I’m just down Westdale Lane. Maybe see you in the Woodthorpe Top for a televised game soon!

Gareth McCauley in Dead Man's Shoes
Poll: Which of our strikers will get injured for the Republic of Ireland tomorrow?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024