Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is this safe? 21:26 - Oct 22 with 3858 viewsKropotkin123

A friend recently moved to the UK and is looking to buy some tickets to a premiership game. He asked me if this is safe:

livefootballtickets.com

Anyone had any experience of this site?

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Is this safe? on 07:35 - Oct 23 with 3457 viewsDanny_G

If it’s an official reseller then it should be listed on the club’s website (there are plenty of those, mainly selling with a markup to foreign spectators). If it isn’t, it’s probably selling illegally and I wouldn’t touch it.
Is this safe? on 08:54 - Oct 23 with 3299 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Is this safe? on 07:35 - Oct 23 by Danny_G

If it’s an official reseller then it should be listed on the club’s website (there are plenty of those, mainly selling with a markup to foreign spectators). If it isn’t, it’s probably selling illegally and I wouldn’t touch it.

I agree with this. Reselling football tickets is illegal in the UK due to laws around Banning Orders, or at least that is the given reason. So there is a risk that tickets can be cancelled, even if the site isn't a scam, as such.
Is this safe? on 09:24 - Oct 23 with 3236 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Which games is he after? Pretty easy to get premier league tickets direct from clubs nowadays, or official resellers.
Is this safe? on 09:30 - Oct 23 with 3224 viewsgiant_stow

I've just bought tickets from a very similar site for the Marseille game this Thurs. The club site just wouldn't accept my card, so had to take a punt as the only chance of getting in.

I did loads of research and found loads of iffy reviews, along with tons of (possibly fake) positive reviews including a trust pilot score of 4.6.... ready to lose my money / be disappointed at the ground.

I'll let you know if we get in!

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Is this safe? on 10:07 - Oct 23 with 3155 viewsWeWereZombies

Is this safe? on 09:30 - Oct 23 by giant_stow

I've just bought tickets from a very similar site for the Marseille game this Thurs. The club site just wouldn't accept my card, so had to take a punt as the only chance of getting in.

I did loads of research and found loads of iffy reviews, along with tons of (possibly fake) positive reviews including a trust pilot score of 4.6.... ready to lose my money / be disappointed at the ground.

I'll let you know if we get in!

Well I guess it is the only prospect a Nodge supporter will have of seeing European football in the foreseeeable future...sorry.

Jealous of you being in Mareille actually, been a while since I was there. We stayed in Le Corbusier's L'Ile Radieuse and went to a festival at Les Docs de Sud, hired a car and spent a couple of weeks touring Spain before returning it and going to see another concert there - Rodrigo y Gabriela. Heady times.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Is this safe? on 10:48 - Oct 23 with 3084 viewsgiant_stow

Is this safe? on 10:07 - Oct 23 by WeWereZombies

Well I guess it is the only prospect a Nodge supporter will have of seeing European football in the foreseeeable future...sorry.

Jealous of you being in Mareille actually, been a while since I was there. We stayed in Le Corbusier's L'Ile Radieuse and went to a festival at Les Docs de Sud, hired a car and spent a couple of weeks touring Spain before returning it and going to see another concert there - Rodrigo y Gabriela. Heady times.

I've never been , but good to hear it's nice..

To be completely embarrassingly honest, its a bit wasted on me - I'm doing this for the boy, who doesn't remember going abroad the last time (7 years ago). Personally, I have an overwhelming anxiety in the pit of my stomach over this - completely irrational, but I think I've become an institutionalised stay-at-home Englishman who's fearful of the new and have never known such prolonged anxiety as I'm currently feeling.

Absolutely mental -I should be excited, but am just sh1tting bricks. don't be a nutter people - its not fun.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Oh no! on 10:51 - Oct 23 with 3076 viewsDyland

Is this safe? on 10:48 - Oct 23 by giant_stow

To be completely embarrassingly honest, its a bit wasted on me - I'm doing this for the boy, who doesn't remember going abroad the last time (7 years ago). Personally, I have an overwhelming anxiety in the pit of my stomach over this - completely irrational, but I think I've become an institutionalised stay-at-home Englishman who's fearful of the new and have never known such prolonged anxiety as I'm currently feeling.

Absolutely mental -I should be excited, but am just sh1tting bricks. don't be a nutter people - its not fun.

Sounds like you need to do more yoga and/or breathing exercises. At the very least? Seriously dear Udders x

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Oh no! on 10:54 - Oct 23 with 3059 viewsgiant_stow

Oh no! on 10:51 - Oct 23 by Dyland

Sounds like you need to do more yoga and/or breathing exercises. At the very least? Seriously dear Udders x

I've been going hard on the mindful body scans!

I think the fact it's so daunting is all the more reason to do it.

(cheers for listening to a nut nut).

Login to get fewer ads

Oh no! on 11:09 - Oct 23 with 3019 viewsDyland

Oh no! on 10:54 - Oct 23 by giant_stow

I've been going hard on the mindful body scans!

I think the fact it's so daunting is all the more reason to do it.

(cheers for listening to a nut nut).

" I think the fact it's so daunting is all the more reason to do it. "

If you feel that's the case, then it absolutely is.

You'll be fine, and will love Marseilles as per Zombers comments even if you don't get into the footy. Only cash at the end of the day, and we've all been mugged off at some point trying to have a laugh and treat our family etc.

Look after yourself you silly sod x

Oh no! on 11:19 - Oct 23 with 2963 viewsgiant_stow

Oh no! on 11:09 - Oct 23 by Dyland

" I think the fact it's so daunting is all the more reason to do it. "

If you feel that's the case, then it absolutely is.

You'll be fine, and will love Marseilles as per Zombers comments even if you don't get into the footy. Only cash at the end of the day, and we've all been mugged off at some point trying to have a laugh and treat our family etc.

Look after yourself you silly sod x

Yeah exactly how i feel about the footy - a calculated punt.

You're a good man mr.

Oh no! on 11:21 - Oct 23 with 2950 viewsDyland

Oh no! on 11:19 - Oct 23 by giant_stow

Yeah exactly how i feel about the footy - a calculated punt.

You're a good man mr.

Is this safe? on 15:08 - Oct 23 with 2784 viewsKropotkin123

Thank you all!

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Is this safe? on 15:51 - Oct 23 with 2738 viewsWeWereZombies

Is this safe? on 10:48 - Oct 23 by giant_stow

You should be fine but just remember that there is a large and vibrant North African influence to the city, so much so that you can experience an excellent flavour (and excellent cuisine) of Morocco, Algeria and Tunisia just by walking a few streets from quarter to quarter. Much easier, cheaper, and just French required rather than trying to take a smattering of Arabic on board, than visiting the other side of the Mediterranean but a degree of tact and reserve will probably be needed this week.

The harbour area is delightful too, as is the stairway up to the train station. Oui, ça, c'est bon.

Is this safe? on 17:25 - Oct 23 with 2674 viewsJrm_72

I have never used them, and if I had I wouldn't be stupid enough to admit participating in illegal activity on a public forum.

But... a good friend of mine has used them four times to get premier league tickets otherwise unavailable directly from the club. Its more expensive for sure, but all but once the tickets have scanned at turnstile no issue. The one time they didn't, a short whatsapp conversation got new tickets issued for another part of the ground, and better seats at that. Just if you ever have a ticket issue don't ask a steward for help, so I'm told, as you will get booted out.

The site also offers a 150% money back guarantee if the tickets do end up fake, which is pretty much unheard of this day and age.

So still a risk, but my friend has had good experiences so far. Its also not the site that's illegal, its just a marketplace, its the buying and selling between users that is.
Is this safe? on 19:30 - Oct 23 with 2588 viewsDanny_G

Is this safe? on 17:25 - Oct 23 by Jrm_72

I have never used them, and if I had I wouldn't be stupid enough to admit participating in illegal activity on a public forum.

But... a good friend of mine has used them four times to get premier league tickets otherwise unavailable directly from the club. Its more expensive for sure, but all but once the tickets have scanned at turnstile no issue. The one time they didn't, a short whatsapp conversation got new tickets issued for another part of the ground, and better seats at that. Just if you ever have a ticket issue don't ask a steward for help, so I'm told, as you will get booted out.

The site also offers a 150% money back guarantee if the tickets do end up fake, which is pretty much unheard of this day and age.

So still a risk, but my friend has had good experiences so far. Its also not the site that's illegal, its just a marketplace, its the buying and selling between users that is.

No, the website is also acting illegally. The law is in s166 of the Criminal Justice and Public Order Act 1994 and explicitly states that illegally ‘selling a ticket’ includes:

‘(i)offering to sell a ticket;

(ii)exposing a ticket for sale;

(iii)making a ticket available for sale by another;

(iv)advertising that a ticket is available for purchase; and

(v)giving a ticket to a person who pays or agrees to pay for some other goods or services or offering to do so.’

This is why you won’t find the like of Viagogo or Twickets advertising English football tickets unless they have a specific agreement with the club.
Is this safe? on 18:02 - Oct 29 with 2069 viewsgiant_stow

Just to say that we got in to the Marseille game with no problems. (Absolutely incredible atmosphere- the fans never stop!). Back to the topic though, last night a mate was saying how they got screwed on some lfc tickets recently from the same sites, so I guess it's all just a bit pot luck.

Is this safe? on 23:17 - Oct 29 with 1920 viewsJackNorthStand

Yeah I’ve used them for arsenal europa league last season. No issues what so ever, I overpaid though as expected.

Word of advice if there is any issue upon entry don’t seek help from stewards etc contact live football tickets themselves and they will sort it. ( majority of clubs don’t allow re sold tickets so if they got wind this was a resale ticket it would result refused entry )
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 23:17]
Is this safe? on 23:18 - Oct 29 with 1912 viewsJackNorthStand

Is this safe? on 17:25 - Oct 23 by Jrm_72

It’s not illegal to buy, just to sell.
Is this safe? on 00:07 - Oct 30 with 1860 viewsWeWereZombies

Is this safe? on 18:02 - Oct 29 by giant_stow

Just to say that we got in to the Marseille game with no problems. (Absolutely incredible atmosphere- the fans never stop!). Back to the topic though, last night a mate was saying how they got screwed on some lfc tickets recently from the same sites, so I guess it's all just a bit pot luck.

You may have got lucky with the game you went to as well, today's was postponed after coaches were attacked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67258093

Is this safe? on 10:33 - Oct 30 with 1650 viewsgiant_stow

Is this safe? on 00:07 - Oct 30 by WeWereZombies

You may have got lucky with the game you went to as well, today's was postponed after coaches were attacked:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67258093

Blimey, so we got double lucky for sure. In a way, I'm not that surprised - it was pretty boisterous before the game in streets - loads of flares etc... Against that though, there were loads of Athens fans in the city before and after and never any hint of trouble. That poor Lyon manager.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 10:36]

Is this safe? on 13:01 - Oct 30 with 1519 viewsWeWereZombies

Is this safe? on 10:33 - Oct 30 by giant_stow

Blimey, so we got double lucky for sure. In a way, I'm not that surprised - it was pretty boisterous before the game in streets - loads of flares etc... Against that though, there were loads of Athens fans in the city before and after and never any hint of trouble. That poor Lyon manager.
[Post edited 30 Oct 2023 10:36]

Seems like Marseilles v Lyon is a bit like the Old Farm derby:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choc_des_Olympiques

But with even bigger scores than 5-0s. Perhaps you can look forward to a Choc De L'Est on 16th December, or perhaps a Choke De La Cité ?

Is this safe? on 13:22 - Oct 30 with 1479 viewsgiant_stow

Is this safe? on 13:01 - Oct 30 by WeWereZombies

Seems like Marseilles v Lyon is a bit like the Old Farm derby:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Choc_des_Olympiques

But with even bigger scores than 5-0s. Perhaps you can look forward to a Choc De L'Est on 16th December, or perhaps a Choke De La Cité ?

The current gap between our teams' performances have left me with no choice but to ignore anything/everything East Anglican football. I even had to check that the 16th was the big one. I may smash all Internet enabled devices to smithereens a day or so before.

Is this safe? on 14:09 - Oct 30 with 1387 viewsWeWereZombies

Is this safe? on 13:22 - Oct 30 by giant_stow

The current gap between our teams' performances have left me with no choice but to ignore anything/everything East Anglican football. I even had to check that the 16th was the big one. I may smash all Internet enabled devices to smithereens a day or so before.

Never give up hope Ullaa, your lot do seem to raise their game for these matches (unlike us under McCarthy) and whatever happens it should be good to watch the first McKenna ball derby.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024