Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I notice Plymouth are off on one again 15:59 - Oct 27 with 6467 viewsFtnfwest

Something about we don't prostrate ourselves before the glory and greatness of Schumacher enough and we're all arrogant or something...
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:19 - Oct 27 with 4700 viewsKeno

Bit harsh, true he was a great driver in his day but I cant see why we should be worshipping him now

Poll: Should Hoppy renew his season ticket
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:31 - Oct 27 with 4618 viewsFtnfwest

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:19 - Oct 27 by Keno

Bit harsh, true he was a great driver in his day but I cant see why we should be worshipping him now

went off him after the battiston business though...
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:32 - Oct 27 with 4615 viewsWalkyWonderland

They are a funny bunch. I live in Plymouth so know lots of Argyle fans. It's a great community club, well run with an excellent coach and they play good football but ultimately, mid table/bottom half championship is their ceiling. Ours is far higher.
I don't think anyone begrudges them the title win. They were worthy winners in a very exciting battle but they got on a run that defied the underlying performance stats and good on 'em for doing so. Over a longer period, results will tend to fall in line with the stats and that's what they are finding now against better quality teams.
They should stay up comfortably and I hope they do but they do need to be taken down a peg or two tomorrow afternoon and shown why we were touted as the greatest league 1 team of all time.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 16:33]
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:37 - Oct 27 with 4550 viewsBigCommon

I've not heard a single bad word against Schumacher. Indeed, quite the opposite. He got plenty of recognition from our fan base last season.... He's proved, he's a good manager at L1 level. And bang average in The Championship...
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:49 - Oct 27 with 4471 viewsgainsboroughblue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:37 - Oct 27 by BigCommon

I've not heard a single bad word against Schumacher. Indeed, quite the opposite. He got plenty of recognition from our fan base last season.... He's proved, he's a good manager at L1 level. And bang average in The Championship...

He did indeed, and most of us were rooting for an Ipswich/Plymouth top two all season, adding a Barnsley through the play-offs later on.

It does feel nowadays that anything that gets said on your own forum gets reported back and then misinterpreted, slated as arrogance etc and the presence of those banter FL pages on Facebook and the like are just insufferable.

The actual media tried to stir things up as well last year by saying McKenna etc stormed out of the end of season awards ceremony when that was confirmed as b01110cks.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:52 - Oct 27 with 4436 viewsIllinoisblue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:49 - Oct 27 by gainsboroughblue

He did indeed, and most of us were rooting for an Ipswich/Plymouth top two all season, adding a Barnsley through the play-offs later on.

It does feel nowadays that anything that gets said on your own forum gets reported back and then misinterpreted, slated as arrogance etc and the presence of those banter FL pages on Facebook and the like are just insufferable.

The actual media tried to stir things up as well last year by saying McKenna etc stormed out of the end of season awards ceremony when that was confirmed as b01110cks.

Not only Bollox, it was lies from Sun “journalist” and budgie fan Charlie Wyett. Completely made-up story. But click click hooray for him I guess. The worthless piece of sheeeite.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:54 - Oct 27 with 4415 viewsKropotkin123

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:19 - Oct 27 by Keno

Never liked him after he deliberately crashed into Damon Hill.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:01 - Oct 27 with 4361 viewsgainsboroughblue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:52 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

Not only Bollox, it was lies from Sun “journalist” and budgie fan Charlie Wyett. Completely made-up story. But click click hooray for him I guess. The worthless piece of sheeeite.

Norfolk journalist in not exactly covering themselves in glory shocker.

I'm still laughing about that dickhead on twitter last weekend claiming that one solitary Town fan started on four Norwich at the train station, despite the fact no trains were running.

Did he ever return to that thread?

Login to get fewer ads

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:02 - Oct 27 with 4342 viewsChurchman

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:54 - Oct 27 by Kropotkin123

Never liked him after he deliberately crashed into Damon Hill.

Bet his grandad bombed the chip shop too. Flippin’ germans.
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:03 - Oct 27 with 4330 viewsMullet

Would be brilliant sh1thousery if we did a guard of honour tomorrow and presented each player with a Ginsters and jug of cider

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:08 - Oct 27 with 4275 viewsIllinoisblue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:01 - Oct 27 by gainsboroughblue

Norfolk journalist in not exactly covering themselves in glory shocker.

I'm still laughing about that dickhead on twitter last weekend claiming that one solitary Town fan started on four Norwich at the train station, despite the fact no trains were running.

Did he ever return to that thread?

The little budgie liar never responded to the 100+ accusations of him having made it up. Funny that.

62 - 78 - 81

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:09 - Oct 27 with 4244 viewsMullet

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:08 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

The little budgie liar never responded to the 100+ accusations of him having made it up. Funny that.

He's proper odd

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:10 - Oct 27 with 4248 viewsFtnfwest

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:32 - Oct 27 by WalkyWonderland

They are a funny bunch. I live in Plymouth so know lots of Argyle fans. It's a great community club, well run with an excellent coach and they play good football but ultimately, mid table/bottom half championship is their ceiling. Ours is far higher.
I don't think anyone begrudges them the title win. They were worthy winners in a very exciting battle but they got on a run that defied the underlying performance stats and good on 'em for doing so. Over a longer period, results will tend to fall in line with the stats and that's what they are finding now against better quality teams.
They should stay up comfortably and I hope they do but they do need to be taken down a peg or two tomorrow afternoon and shown why we were touted as the greatest league 1 team of all time.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2023 16:33]

Still pleased now that it was the wendies that missed out on autos rather than them. I think as you say with the higher ceiling to what we could do we were all confident that we’d compete in this league, it was getting out of L1 that was the problem. Maybe they didn’t like that outlook.
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:17 - Oct 27 with 4180 viewsIllinoisblue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:09 - Oct 27 by Mullet

He's proper odd

Very odd. Most people would have either deleted it or responded to it. The fact he’s done neither is weird, especially as he added the bit about the alleged attacker spending the night in the cells. Pretty easy for him or one of actual journalist colleagues to confirm that bit at least. And as I asked him, neither he or his three friends who claimed to be attacked had a phone on them?

62 - 78 - 81

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:18 - Oct 27 with 4180 viewsLankHenners

The success of last season went to some of their heads a bit as the campaign hurtled towards the finish line. Went from typical football fan banter to annoying and a bit unpleasant really.

They have Morsy pinned as a violent thug because of one late-ish tackle in the game at theirs, and have some irrational dislike of McKenna because they misread a line in a press conference and thought he was slagging them off. This is despite Schumacher saying, unprompted, on more than one occasion that the two managers get on well and he considers McKenna a friend.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:26 - Oct 27 with 4095 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

They were better than us for the bulk of last season, which is why they finished above us. Had we started the season with the team we had finished with, we'd have probably won the league. We couldn't get Hirst at the start as he was being wasted at Blackburn, Broadhead was at Wigan, Clarke was at Stoke (I think), Mass was at Boro. Once those guys were in we were up. It would have been nice to win the league but we had a bad patch, which put us on the backfoot. It's a bit like the season before that when we started without Walton and Morsy, we were playing catch up once they got here!
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:48 - Oct 27 with 3994 viewsgtsb1966

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-runners-up-a-october-28th.125503
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:04 - Oct 27 with 3872 viewsSitfcB

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 16:52 - Oct 27 by Illinoisblue

*Homer backing into a bush GIF*

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:17 - Oct 27 with 3779 viewsFrimleyBlue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:04 - Oct 27 by SitfcB

*Homer backing into a bush GIF*

So the headline news is we walked out after the awards were given out...

What we're we supposed to do... crawl out?

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:21 - Oct 27 with 3766 viewsgainsboroughblue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:17 - Oct 27 by FrimleyBlue

So the headline news is we walked out after the awards were given out...

What we're we supposed to do... crawl out?

Scandalous behaviour. Leaving an awards ceremony after said awards given out.

Some Plymouth also using that sh1te from the S** of all rags to drive the 'arrogance' narrative as well.

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:29 - Oct 27 with 3718 viewsEastTownBlue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:21 - Oct 27 by gainsboroughblue

Scandalous behaviour. Leaving an awards ceremony after said awards given out.

Some Plymouth also using that sh1te from the S** of all rags to drive the 'arrogance' narrative as well.

Also the ceremony was held two nights before the trip to Barnsley. It wasn’t exactly going to be a late night boozing session.
[Redacted] on 18:34 - Oct 27 with 3680 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:49 - Oct 27 with 3591 viewsScuzzer

Yet they have returned 700 tickets. Hmmm,,,

Established 1968

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 18:57 - Oct 27 with 3537 viewsHerbivore

I don't mind Plymouth. To achieve what they did last season and hold us and Wednesday off was very impressive and whilst their games were often much more fine margins stuff than many of ours, they were a good side going forward and played some decent stuff. I think they'll be fine this season, probably bottom half but never in serious danger of going down. Whittaker and Mumba on permanent deals was outstanding business from them and if they keep their better players and add one or two more I think they'll be in decent shape to at least stay at this level for a while. The 'rivalry' is a bit overblown by a few internet blowhards I suspect. That said, I hope we smash them tomorrow.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 19:21 - Oct 27 with 3401 viewsTheBoyBlue

I notice Plymouth are off on one again on 17:48 - Oct 27 by gtsb1966

https://pasoti.co.uk/threads/one-game-at-a-time-runners-up-a-october-28th.125503

When us two and Wednesday were battling it out for the top two last season I had always hoped it would be us and Plymouth and frankly couldn't care less which way round we came between the two of us. I'm delighted they came up as I've always had a soft spot for them due to the Mariner link. I'm also confident they'll stay up and it will be another tight game, although the tension I felt in January has dissipated somewhat for this one!

Hopefully another good game between two of the most promising young managers around.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024