Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can someone go on the Plymouth forum 08:47 - Oct 29 with 4657 viewsunstableblue

And post this on their forum

And also point out:

1. It was outside the box even if there was enough contact, so it wasn’t a penalty
2. There were two covering defenders so it was never a red card
3. What they should be focussing on is whether it was a yellow and a free-kick outside the box, that wouldn’t have allowed Town to carry on play and go and score as per their excellent manager’s view “ And then I’m obviously fuming over how we didn’t get a free-kick right on the edge of their box at a really pivotal moment in the game because what happened next was Ipswich went down the other end, got a corner and scored from it.”

Taking about a red card and penalties is a bit silly

Besides despite Plymouth being excellent, and a fine opponent, we had huge amounts of the ball, corners, and carved out many chances so just edged it. Our keeper’s excellent display should be the talking point! Which effectively won Town the game.

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 08:51 - Oct 29 with 3794 views_clive_baker_

Who cares what a few Plymouth fans think.

They’re probably a bit salty because they played well, could’ve scored 1 or 2 more than they did if it wasn’t for Hladky and were on the wrong end of a 50:50 decision. I’m sure this place would be exactly the same if the roles were reversed.
Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:00 - Oct 29 with 3707 viewsitfc_bucks

Just let them enjoy their day out.

They'll be irrelevant to us soon enough.
Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:00 - Oct 29 with 3720 viewsMJallday

Actually someone needs to go on there and place this gem of a comment

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:08 - Oct 29 with 3639 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:00 - Oct 29 by MJallday

"Enjoy racing for 2nd again" is a very odd comment given that we didn't really care about winning League 1 and that we'd be absolutely delighted with 2nd again!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:13 - Oct 29 with 3579 viewsMJallday

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:08 - Oct 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

"Enjoy racing for 2nd again" is a very odd comment given that we didn't really care about winning League 1 and that we'd be absolutely delighted with 2nd again!

Yeah it’s just plain weird. I’d literally be screaming for joy for a month if we finished second

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

LOL on 09:25 - Oct 29 with 3514 viewsDyland

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:00 - Oct 29 by MJallday

Firstly it's worth reiterating that the table doesn't really mean too much at the moment, echoing McKenna's recent comment. One game at a time and let's see where we are come the new year and transfer window opening.

Secondly, wtf is going on with Argyle re Town? It must only be a handful of internet wallies right? We have our fair share of it as does every club. I can't believe there's a big element within the Pilgrim fan base that really feels spite or bitterness towards ITFC and that there's some kind of special rivalry or grudge. That would be beyond a chip on the shoulder inferiority complex innit?

Arf.

I didn't really enjoy the game yesterday, it felt too stressful. And I was driving so couldn't inebriate the nerves away. Argyle are good and will surely move up the table. Whittaker is top, top quality. Shame some of their players tried to target the ref with play acting and whingeing, soured a soft spot for the club.

Mumba comedy own goal a bit of karma. Hladky breathtaking. Leif looked incredibly leggy as did others and deserves the week off. But stil managed a cracking pass to set up Hirst for an even more deserved goal. Lovely finish.

Tight game. Entertaining football. I think we edged it and were good value for the win, even though it felt like we'd dug the victory out.

COYFB

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

LOL on 09:36 - Oct 29 with 3429 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

LOL on 09:25 - Oct 29 by Dyland

Firstly it's worth reiterating that the table doesn't really mean too much at the moment, echoing McKenna's recent comment. One game at a time and let's see where we are come the new year and transfer window opening.

Secondly, wtf is going on with Argyle re Town? It must only be a handful of internet wallies right? We have our fair share of it as does every club. I can't believe there's a big element within the Pilgrim fan base that really feels spite or bitterness towards ITFC and that there's some kind of special rivalry or grudge. That would be beyond a chip on the shoulder inferiority complex innit?

Arf.

I didn't really enjoy the game yesterday, it felt too stressful. And I was driving so couldn't inebriate the nerves away. Argyle are good and will surely move up the table. Whittaker is top, top quality. Shame some of their players tried to target the ref with play acting and whingeing, soured a soft spot for the club.

Mumba comedy own goal a bit of karma. Hladky breathtaking. Leif looked incredibly leggy as did others and deserves the week off. But stil managed a cracking pass to set up Hirst for an even more deserved goal. Lovely finish.

Tight game. Entertaining football. I think we edged it and were good value for the win, even though it felt like we'd dug the victory out.

COYFB

Spot on analysis young Dyllers.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

LOL on 09:37 - Oct 29 with 3429 viewsDarth_Koont

LOL on 09:25 - Oct 29 by Dyland

Arf.

COYFB

Indeed.

It’s a few fans on either side who seem to have created an online rivalry that does neither any favours. Ditto Sheffield Wednesday but that’s at least a bit more understandable.

I thought Plymouth were excellent yesterday and clearly stretched us throughout with their pace, stamina, movement and overall directness over 90 minutes. We’re used to doing that against other teams and it was noticeable how they forced us into errors and pulled us out of shape more than anyone else over the past calendar year.

I think we’re a better side both with the squad and with McKenna but we should give a lot of respect Plymouth for how they play and what they’re trying to achieve against the odds. They *should* be our Barnsley of 20 years ago rather than our new Bolton.

Pronouns: He/Him

Login to get fewer ads

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:43 - Oct 29 with 3348 viewsStevieH

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:50 - Oct 29 with 3283 viewsRyorry

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:43 - Oct 29 by StevieH

Commentator still hysterically yelling it was "diabolical" even after he'd seen the slo-mo replay, was pretty diabolical!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 9:51]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Cheers old bean on 09:51 - Oct 29 with 3272 viewsDyland

LOL on 09:36 - Oct 29 by The_Flashing_Smile

Spot on analysis young Dyllers.

I haven't been called young since the 1860s x

nice analogy Koonters (n/t) on 09:51 - Oct 29 with 3254 viewsDyland

LOL on 09:37 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

Indeed.

It’s a few fans on either side who seem to have created an online rivalry that does neither any favours. Ditto Sheffield Wednesday but that’s at least a bit more understandable.

I thought Plymouth were excellent yesterday and clearly stretched us throughout with their pace, stamina, movement and overall directness over 90 minutes. We’re used to doing that against other teams and it was noticeable how they forced us into errors and pulled us out of shape more than anyone else over the past calendar year.

I think we’re a better side both with the squad and with McKenna but we should give a lot of respect Plymouth for how they play and what they’re trying to achieve against the odds. They *should* be our Barnsley of 20 years ago rather than our new Bolton.

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:56 - Oct 29 with 3191 viewswkj

Funny little video witht he dubbing. is the source material and just as funny.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:57 - Oct 29 with 3184 viewsDarth_Koont

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:50 - Oct 29 by Ryorry

Commentator still hysterically yelling it was "diabolical" even after he'd seen the slo-mo replay, was pretty diabolical!
[Post edited 29 Oct 2023 9:51]

It’s a famous bit of Rugby League commentary from the 80s. Well, famous in Rugby League, so pretty obscure.

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:57 - Oct 29 with 3161 viewsgainsboroughblue

I'd rather we just left it now tbh.

I've no interest in being rivals with Plymouth in any shape or form. As a club and fanbase, they are harmless and I like the way they play.

Just a handful of people with access to a keyboard easily upset. Find a pub full of Plymouth and I'm sure we'd have a few beers, a good laugh at other clubs more deserving of vitriol and share a lot of mutual respect.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 10:07 - Oct 29 with 3039 viewsRyorry

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:57 - Oct 29 by Darth_Koont

It’s a famous bit of Rugby League commentary from the 80s. Well, famous in Rugby League, so pretty obscure.

Ah, right, ta.

Might source it for future reference if needed ... which I'm guessing is more than likely ..!

LOL on 10:10 - Oct 29 with 3016 viewsRyorry

Indeed.

I wonder if they had some advantage knowing how we play from last season?

And in turn whether our points accumulation might slow during the rest of the season to come as other teams get to know us better too? (though I guess that applies commonly to other sides too).

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 10:17 - Oct 29 with 2956 viewsnorfsufblue

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 09:43 - Oct 29 by StevieH

I think its actually his attempted step over that sends him crashing to the floor!
LOL on 10:33 - Oct 29 with 2887 viewsChurchman

Indeed.

I thought they were excellent too. Compact with one or two really effective players. Whittaker in particular was terrific. Good size, pacy, he pulled us all over the place at times. As for his goal, I’ve seen Edmundson blamed on here, but sorry there are times when you have to hold your hands up. That was as good a goal as you’ll see and pretty much unstoppable.

In terms of shape, I think that was as much down to us as them. We became limited quite early to get the ball to Hutchinson on pretty much every occasion. The left side was redundant and for long periods Chaplin and Broadhead weren’t in the game. Hutchinson is going to be a top player. He’s electric but at his age still has a lot to learn.

Defensively, Fridge did well but somehow we look stronger with Burgess on that side. I didn’t think it was Luongo or Morsy’s best game, though some credit must go to Plymouth for that. I think we miss Burns too. Oh and short corners. They drive me nuts. We had something like 9 corners first half, 4 of which were taken short. The big units were up there and nothing arrived. Wasted.

Despite the praise of Plymouth and my concerns on us, we won the game. We dug in and forced Plymouth back. We kept going. The og lucky? Maybe, but get the ball in the box enough and good things will happen. Davis’ pass and Hirst’s goal was excellent. He made it look easy. Harness? In the right place. I think he’s a real asset to us.

Overall, we deserved the win and I’m well pleased with that. Plenty to take from the game, as McKenna rightly says.
LOL on 10:35 - Oct 29 with 2843 viewsFrimleyBlue

LOL on 10:33 - Oct 29 by Churchman

I thought they were excellent too. Compact with one or two really effective players. Whittaker in particular was terrific. Good size, pacy, he pulled us all over the place at times. As for his goal, I’ve seen Edmundson blamed on here, but sorry there are times when you have to hold your hands up. That was as good a goal as you’ll see and pretty much unstoppable.

In terms of shape, I think that was as much down to us as them. We became limited quite early to get the ball to Hutchinson on pretty much every occasion. The left side was redundant and for long periods Chaplin and Broadhead weren’t in the game. Hutchinson is going to be a top player. He’s electric but at his age still has a lot to learn.

Defensively, Fridge did well but somehow we look stronger with Burgess on that side. I didn’t think it was Luongo or Morsy’s best game, though some credit must go to Plymouth for that. I think we miss Burns too. Oh and short corners. They drive me nuts. We had something like 9 corners first half, 4 of which were taken short. The big units were up there and nothing arrived. Wasted.

Despite the praise of Plymouth and my concerns on us, we won the game. We dug in and forced Plymouth back. We kept going. The og lucky? Maybe, but get the ball in the box enough and good things will happen. Davis’ pass and Hirst’s goal was excellent. He made it look easy. Harness? In the right place. I think he’s a real asset to us.

Overall, we deserved the win and I’m well pleased with that. Plenty to take from the game, as McKenna rightly says.

Have you ever seen a goal scored from a short corner? I genuinely can't remember one for town.

The only one I can remember from football was bale for spurs in one game years ago.

Short corners imo suck.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

LOL on 10:40 - Oct 29 with 2789 viewsChurchman

LOL on 10:35 - Oct 29 by FrimleyBlue

Have you ever seen a goal scored from a short corner? I genuinely can't remember one for town.

The only one I can remember from football was bale for spurs in one game years ago.

Short corners imo suck.

I’m ok with the odd one just to mix it up a bit, but in answer to your question, no.I can’t.
Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 10:44 - Oct 29 with 2741 viewsNeedhamChris

Not for me - the obsession with proving them wrong is a bit tinpot

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

LOL on 10:50 - Oct 29 with 2692 viewsDarth_Koont

LOL on 10:35 - Oct 29 by FrimleyBlue

Short corners imo suck.

There were some stats a few years back that IIRC said that short corners are as productive as inswinging corners but certainly more than outswinging corners which really are the least effective.

We see the odd thumping header from direct corners but the goals generally come from keepers flapping, poor clearances and winning second balls, and generally having the play in the opposition box not through a direct corner being seen as a better way to score per se.

Even when we do the latter it’s more often than not balls fired in low to the front post and looking for a touch that causes carnage for the defence.

Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 10:51 - Oct 29 with 2687 viewsbazza

The more I watch it, the more I think bundu should have got
A card for diving.
Can someone go on the Plymouth forum on 12:16 - Oct 29 with 2384 viewsbluejacko

If they think we are the dirtiest side they have played then the rest of the league must be absolute angels🙄😂
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024