Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit 18:56 - Oct 31 with 5174 viewsElderGrizzly

That’s all that mattered to Cummings and the Tory power brokers

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:01 - Oct 31 with 2733 viewsGuthrum

The problem with useful idiots is that they're still idiots.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:04 - Oct 31 with 2726 viewsBlueBadger

'Some of you may die, but it's a price I'm willing to pay'.

That was always their deal. They wanted their free-market, low regulation hellscape. Then the pandemic came along and ruined it, because if they hadn't furloughed, etc, etc, etc it would have made it even more obvious.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 19:08]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:07 - Oct 31 with 2706 viewsElderGrizzly

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:04 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

'Some of you may die, but it's a price I'm willing to pay'.

That was always their deal. They wanted their free-market, low regulation hellscape. Then the pandemic came along and ruined it, because if they hadn't furloughed, etc, etc, etc it would have made it even more obvious.

[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 19:08]

Indeed. Brexit and Covid fecking up the country because some egotistical w@nkers were on a power trip
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:09 - Oct 31 with 2698 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:07 - Oct 31 by ElderGrizzly

Indeed. Brexit and Covid fecking up the country because some egotistical w@nkers were on a power trip

Ah now, they weren't all just simple egomaniacs, there was a fair few racist ego maniacs in there too.
[Post edited 31 Oct 2023 19:21]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:14 - Oct 31 with 2678 viewseireblue

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:07 - Oct 31 by ElderGrizzly

Such a shame, just as they were about to stop austerity caused by the bankers going a bit mad and chasing a bubble market and boosting their personal bonuses.

Well we will never see that happening again…..
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:32 - Oct 31 with 2637 viewsKeno

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:09 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

Ah now, they weren't all just simple egomaniacs, there was a fair few racist ego maniacs in there too.

You missed out incompetent lying self serving from your post

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:43 - Oct 31 with 2612 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:32 - Oct 31 by Keno

You missed out incompetent lying self serving from your post

And 'corrupt' and 'criminal sociopaths' to be fair.

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:44 - Oct 31 with 2599 viewsStevieH

Login to get fewer ads

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:48 - Oct 31 with 2569 viewsSwansea_Blue

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:44 - Oct 31 by StevieH

Classy!

Cummings and Johnson eh? What the heck did we do to deserve that pair?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:54 - Oct 31 with 2544 viewsChurchman

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:09 - Oct 31 by BlueBadger

Misogynists, racists, bullies, ignoramuses, arrogant, stupid, uncaring, belittling, criminal, negligent, liars, scumbags. Covered most bases methinks.

I thought the chap nailing Cummings to the wall was good. The alien’s primary defence was that anything he did was outshone by others doing something worse. The equivalent of shooting a dozen people in a ditch and saying it didn’t matter because the bloke over there shot two dozen. No defence in other words.

They’re going to need a bigger bus given the number Cummings threw under the existing one. At the end, he apologised for the language of his messaging. Had I been the Chairperson I would have called him back and refused it. His apology was for being caught, not the language he used. Hypocrite. As a contrast any Civil Servant using language like that would be fired immediately. The systems pick up stuff like that.

I watched it this afternoon. Cummings body language was very defensive. He knew he was well and truly on the hook. Johnson’s evidence is going to be fun, if he turns up.

The law needs changing and applying retroactively as they did at Nuremberg. These people should be facing prison for what they did and all their assets seized. They are directly responsible for the deaths of 1000s. They didn’t care.

Rant over.
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:57 - Oct 31 with 2535 viewsBlueBadger

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:48 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

Classy!

We just, as a nation, had Very Real Concerns.

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 08:14 - Nov 1 with 2298 viewsChurchman

In the fallout from yesterday’s enquiry events from Sir Patrick Vallance’s notes he wrote that Johnson appeared “obsessed with older people accepting their fate” and considered the virus to be “just Nature’s way of dealing with old people”.

In December 2020, weeks before England entered a third national lockdown, Vallance wrote: “Chief whip [Mark Spencer] says ‘I think we should let the old people get it and protect others’. PM says ‘a lot of my backbenchers think that and I must say I agree with them’.”

The key phrase is the last one - ‘a lot of my backbenchers think that and I must say I agree with them’. So this is much broader than Johnson’s disgusting view. It was a significant opinion within the Tory party. If ever more evidence is needed of how immoral and wrong the Tory party is, this covers it.
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 08:34 - Nov 1 with 2279 viewsOldFart71

As if this Country needs many more millions wasted on an enquiry that just allows a blame game. We are all aware of the huge mistakes due to the fact that we are being taxed more because of them and at the end of the day nobody will be held culpable for these mistakes. We have already seen Hancock in the jungle and Johnson has three new jobs. Politicians and leaders of Industry end up with jobs and large pensions for their failure whereas ordinary people end up out of work and claiming benefits.
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 08:48 - Nov 1 with 2245 viewsLord_Mac

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 08:34 - Nov 1 by OldFart71

As if this Country needs many more millions wasted on an enquiry that just allows a blame game. We are all aware of the huge mistakes due to the fact that we are being taxed more because of them and at the end of the day nobody will be held culpable for these mistakes. We have already seen Hancock in the jungle and Johnson has three new jobs. Politicians and leaders of Industry end up with jobs and large pensions for their failure whereas ordinary people end up out of work and claiming benefits.

I'd like to see the lot of them in jail. The more they get exposed for their destruction of the country, the better.

Blog: 10 Points for the Future?

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 08:51 - Nov 1 with 2237 viewsHerbivore

It's like being at a roulette wheel and instead of lumping it all on red or black you decide to stick it on the massive bucket of sh!t that's suddenly appeared at the table.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 08:58 - Nov 1 with 2224 viewsbluelagos

Sarah Vine makes some interesting points, amongst some laughable nonsense. (Her comments on Valence and Whitty are very much from a lockdown sceptic position)

Her argument is basically that Cummings and Cain hated that Johnson wasn't as easy to manipulate as they expected/wanted. On that, I think she has a point. The puppeteers discovered that the PM rightly has the power here. Just a shame the bloke they put in charge was so hopeless when it came to making a decision, leading and giving clear direction to those around him.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-12695363/SARAH-VINE-heard-saw-justify

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:09 - Nov 1 with 2175 viewsDJR

You can obviously pin the blame on particular individuals, but the fact is that the Tories' bottom line these last 13 years has been about getting them into, and keeping them in, power, regardless of the interests of the country.

So whilst Cummings and Johnson might well be duplicitous, I am not sure they are any more to blame for the state of the country than that nice David Cameron, with his austerity and Brexit referendum. Strangely though, Cameron and Osborne never get any proper criticism.

And I think Cummings overplays his own significance because Johnson would have become PM at that particular time, irrespective of Cummings, because he had the support of the vast majority of Tory MPs.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 9:18]
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:09 - Nov 1 with 2165 viewsChurchman

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 08:34 - Nov 1 by OldFart71

The ToR is here.

https://covid19.public-inquiry.uk/documents/terms-of-reference/#:~:text=its%20wo

There is nothing wrong with this. Aim 2 is the key one. Lessons learned. Will they be learned? History says not but this is not something that should be given up on just because our politicians are what they are. The pits of the earth.

Yes, we can all have a good stab at what went on. Me more than many, having been close enough to see what happened with Brexit preparations 2017-2019. But having emails, notes, messages and QCs cross examination of the key players is helpful. It exposes what these people are, their competence and credibility, how they deal with each other and others along with the back story of why they are in politics - very much for the selfish reasons you give.

So the cost is £millions. That’s nothing to the cost of this disaster both financial, the lives it took and the people affected. If it helps expose and reform government and how it behaves 1% then to me it’s worth it. We cannot carry on as we are.

Watching Cummings nailed to the wall yesterday was interesting to me. Whether Johnson shows his stupid face will be even more interesting.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 11:46]
Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:30 - Nov 1 with 2130 viewslowhouseblue

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 19:48 - Oct 31 by Swansea_Blue

Classy!

parliament blocked may's deal, leaving the tory right with an opportunity to get a huge majority on a single issue get brexit done platform. in truth, people who thought they could undo the referendum gave us that pair.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:33 - Nov 1 with 2116 viewsHerbivore

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:30 - Nov 1 by lowhouseblue

parliament blocked may's deal, leaving the tory right with an opportunity to get a huge majority on a single issue get brexit done platform. in truth, people who thought they could undo the referendum gave us that pair.

May's own government blocked her deal. Trying to suggest it's the fault of remainers for not backing a deal they were opposed to (and let's not make out it was a brilliant deal, it wasn't) when there were Brexit supporting MPs in May's government not voting for Brexit is rather disingenuous.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 9:43]

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:42 - Nov 1 with 2093 viewsElephantintheRoom

And to the British electorate. If you recall they won by promising an oven ready deal to get Brexit done.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:48 - Nov 1 with 2058 viewslowhouseblue

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:33 - Nov 1 by Herbivore

May's own government blocked her deal. Trying to suggest it's the fault of remainers for not backing a deal they were opposed to (and let's not make out it was a brilliant deal, it wasn't) when there were Brexit supporting MPs in May's government not voting for Brexit is rather disingenuous.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2023 9:43]

you know the maths of the votes in parliament. there were enough moderate tories and the opposition to get her deal through, but a significant number believed that if they blocked it they'd get and win a second referendum. proven idiots - in reality they just empowered boris et al.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:50 - Nov 1 with 2038 viewsHerbivore

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:48 - Nov 1 by lowhouseblue

you know the maths of the votes in parliament. there were enough moderate tories and the opposition to get her deal through, but a significant number believed that if they blocked it they'd get and win a second referendum. proven idiots - in reality they just empowered boris et al.

So people should have voted for a sh!t deal they didn't believe was in the country's best interests? There's a lot of hindsight at play here and a weird refusal to point the finger at those actually responsible for our demise.

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:56 - Nov 1 with 2007 viewsSwansea_Blue

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:48 - Nov 1 by lowhouseblue

Relying on the opposition to get your votes through isn’t how it works though. May couldn’t garner enough support from her own party to get her deal through. And a lot of those opposed were the nut job ERG types if I remember correctly.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:59 - Nov 1 with 1979 viewsHerbivore

Johnson was literally a gamble to protect Brexit on 09:56 - Nov 1 by Swansea_Blue

Relying on the opposition to get your votes through isn’t how it works though. May couldn’t garner enough support from her own party to get her deal through. And a lot of those opposed were the nut job ERG types if I remember correctly.

Indeed but it's impossible to penetrate their narrative on this one.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024