Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lovely BBC article on McKenna 07:11 - Nov 1 with 1069 viewsLeistonBlue

Couldn’t stop smiling as I read it. We really are lucky aren’t we

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67147609
Lovely BBC article on McKenna on 07:35 - Nov 1 with 936 viewsBlueNomad

I just fill with pride that it is happening at our club!
Lovely BBC article on McKenna on 07:39 - Nov 1 with 922 viewsVic

What a lovely read to wake up to.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Lovely BBC article on McKenna on 08:25 - Nov 1 with 762 viewsOldFart71

Hard not to have a lump in your throat reading that article. The pride shines through. Whilst we are of course proud of everything ITFC these days we must remain humble. No doubt there will come a time, hopefully a long way in the future, where Kierans running of the club will be questioned, when things aren't going to plan. we must remember these time and cherish them. I was lucky enough to be a regular at PR when Sir Bobby was in charge. Great times you never forget. Todays young supporters haven't been priviledged to anything like that. A team consisting of 10 Internationals. Endless years of European Football. A EUFA Cup win, an F.A. Cup win and a very close call to winning the top League. Kieran still has a long way to go, but there's little doubt he is a very good manager. Whether he reaches the same heights as Sir Bobby is doubtful with Town as things were so much different then. Players were swopped as part of a deal. Players like Mariner and Beattie were brought in. Today those two would have been targets for the very top sides, although Beattie did slip through Liverpool's fingers. Enjoy the ride and hope it goes much further.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024