Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 262054 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:07 - Nov 15 with 2285 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:01 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not happy to see any Palestinian children die. Nor am I happy to see Children in Israel die.

The only way this ends is with the elimination of Hamas.

So how many children need to be killed before you say enough is enough? And if every child in Palestine as to die to achieve the theoretical elimination of Hamas you are OK with that?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:14 - Nov 15 with 2235 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:01 - Nov 15 by lowhouseblue

"Not taking sides would be a start. Justifying, covering for or running interference for extremists and their violent hate is what keeps this going and threatens the lives of Palestinian and Israeli civilians."

jeez, get a little bit of self-awareness. not taking sides!!

Well, only one of us is taking sides and STILL justifying racist extremism and violence as the way forward.

Being on the wrong side of history and defending it to the hilt seems to be your default. It’s pretty disturbing.

Pronouns: He/Him

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:15 - Nov 15 with 2205 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:45 - Nov 15 by leitrimblue

So how many children Rob?
And are you really comparing the unarmed innocent Palestinian children with the Nazis?

He didn't compare unarmed innocent Palestinian children with the Nazis? But in order to defeat the nazis, innocent German civilians were killed in great numbers. That is a consequence of war.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:20 - Nov 15 with 2165 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:07 - Nov 15 by leitrimblue

So how many children need to be killed before you say enough is enough? And if every child in Palestine as to die to achieve the theoretical elimination of Hamas you are OK with that?

I'm not ok with any deaths. Why do you continue to pose these sorts of questions? I don't ask you how many Israeli children need to be killed in order to keep the people of Gaza from living in a war zone. It's a pathetic binary personal attack.

I've already said that there should be a pause in the bombings, in order to get in humanitarian aid and evacuate as many innocent civilians from the area as possible.

But Israel cannot allow Hmas to operate from Gaza.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:21 - Nov 15 with 2176 viewsBlueschev

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:15 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

He didn't compare unarmed innocent Palestinian children with the Nazis? But in order to defeat the nazis, innocent German civilians were killed in great numbers. That is a consequence of war.

So will the displacement of the entire population of Gaza be a justified consequence of the defeat of Hamas?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:21 - Nov 15 with 2176 viewsleitrimblue

So you are willing to see the death of tens of thousands of innocent Palestinian children if it means your team reach their theoretical goals?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:21 - Nov 15 with 2172 viewsDarth_Koont

I expect that sounded a lot better in your head.

But it’s such a glib and distasteful comment based on the current and underlying situation and the increasing cost and ultimate threat to millions of Palestinians. Even before we get into how this escalation is actually increasing the cost and ultimate threat to Israeli civilians too.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:23 - Nov 15 with 2157 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:20 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

I'm not ok with any deaths. Why do you continue to pose these sorts of questions? I don't ask you how many Israeli children need to be killed in order to keep the people of Gaza from living in a war zone. It's a pathetic binary personal attack.

I've already said that there should be a pause in the bombings, in order to get in humanitarian aid and evacuate as many innocent civilians from the area as possible.

I continue to pose that question because that's the reality of the theoretical destruction of Hamas as you well know. So the deaths of how many children do you find acceptable to reach your goals?
Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:28 - Nov 15 with 2112 viewslowhouseblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:14 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

Well, only one of us is taking sides and STILL justifying racist extremism and violence as the way forward.

Being on the wrong side of history and defending it to the hilt seems to be your default. It’s pretty disturbing.

your continual dishonest framing of this and distortion of the reality is clearly for a purpose and reflects your blinkered and one-sided agenda. you've never offered any strategy by which israel can ensure its security after the pogrom of 7th october - other than the completely disingenuous assertion that hamas will observe a ceasefire, release the hostages and negotiate. you spent yesterday trying to ignore the hamas human rights record and pretending they're not a terror group.

and as a very small aside, any one who claims to know what future historians will say can't be taken seriously.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:29 - Nov 15 with 2094 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:23 - Nov 15 by leitrimblue

I continue to pose that question because that's the reality of the theoretical destruction of Hamas as you well know. So the deaths of how many children do you find acceptable to reach your goals?

It's as silly as me asking you if you are happy for Hamas to continue entering Israel, bombing, beheading, decapitating, burning alive, shooting and raping innocent civilians in order to stop the current hostilities.

So how man deaths and rapes do you find acceptable to reach your goals? See. Pretty insulting question to ask you isn't it.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:30 - Nov 15 with 2089 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:23 - Nov 15 by leitrimblue

Anyone that thinks the destruction of Hamas (and with it, the slaughter of thousands of innocent Palestinians) will stop the violence, is deluded.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:32 - Nov 15 with 2074 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:20 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

But we can allow Netanyahu and the far-right to dictate the fate of Palestinians within an illegal and ultimately genocidal framework?

You’re either against racist extremism and the loss of thousands of innocent lives or you aren’t.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:34 - Nov 15 with 2048 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:29 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

It's as silly as me asking you if you are happy for Hamas to continue entering Israel, bombing, beheading, decapitating, burning alive, shooting and raping innocent civilians in order to stop the current hostilities.

So how man deaths and rapes do you find acceptable to reach your goals? See. Pretty insulting question to ask you isn't it.

I believe zero deaths and rapes are acceptable to reach my goals. I am not happy for Hamas to continue entering Israeli, bombing, beheading decapiting etc.If that helps? Now your turn. How many children children are you willing to accept need to be killed to reach your goals of the destruction of Hamas?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:37 - Nov 15 with 2013 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:30 - Nov 15 by noggin

Anyone that thinks the destruction of Hamas (and with it, the slaughter of thousands of innocent Palestinians) will stop the violence, is deluded.

Exactly. It's a complete nonsense. It's like bombing West Belfast or Dublin back in the day and believing if you kill all known Republicans no one will ever have a Republican thought again. Its utterly deluded unless you really just want a bit of revenge
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:40 - Nov 15 with 1982 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:34 - Nov 15 by leitrimblue

I believe zero deaths and rapes are acceptable to reach my goals. I am not happy for Hamas to continue entering Israeli, bombing, beheading decapiting etc.If that helps? Now your turn. How many children children are you willing to accept need to be killed to reach your goals of the destruction of Hamas?

I've already answered. I don't want to see any deaths of innocents. Children or adults.

Will they happen in war? Yes. Perhaps Hamas should have thought about that on the morning of October 7th. Actually, they did. Because they don't car about Palestine civilians.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:43 - Nov 15 with 1963 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:28 - Nov 15 by lowhouseblue

your continual dishonest framing of this and distortion of the reality is clearly for a purpose and reflects your blinkered and one-sided agenda. you've never offered any strategy by which israel can ensure its security after the pogrom of 7th october - other than the completely disingenuous assertion that hamas will observe a ceasefire, release the hostages and negotiate. you spent yesterday trying to ignore the hamas human rights record and pretending they're not a terror group.

and as a very small aside, any one who claims to know what future historians will say can't be taken seriously.

I’ll take my chances. You’ve been a fairly unerring guide to the wrong side of history for years.

There are no easy answers but that definitely includes the easy answer of not just continuing the cycle of violence but ramping it up. We need to step back and stop seeing this conflict through the eyes of the extremists on both sides and the violence both espouse. That is if we’re serious about innocent lives and the possibility of peace and we’re not actually just pushing the same old defence of vested interests and shonky Middle East geopolitics.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:44 - Nov 15 with 1955 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:40 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

I've already answered. I don't want to see any deaths of innocents. Children or adults.

Will they happen in war? Yes. Perhaps Hamas should have thought about that on the morning of October 7th. Actually, they did. Because they don't car about Palestine civilians.

You might not want to see them but to achieve your goals they will be killed in their thousands as you well now.
Your last paragraph appears to be saying what you appear uneasy to say out loud...
All of them if that's what it takes?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:46 - Nov 15 with 1939 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:40 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

“Because they don't car about Palestine civilians.”

Neither do the Israeli regime. And yet you push their propaganda and position at every step while paying lip service to the humanitarian carnage.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:46 - Nov 15 with 1934 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:37 - Nov 15 by leitrimblue

Exactly. It's a complete nonsense. It's like bombing West Belfast or Dublin back in the day and believing if you kill all known Republicans no one will ever have a Republican thought again. Its utterly deluded unless you really just want a bit of revenge

While I agree with that, its really only half the story. Honest question: have Hamas said they'd abide by a ceasefire and return the hostages? And what about establishing a wider, lasting peace? Without some kind of backtracking on Hamas's destruction of Israel goal, how does the Israeli population, let alone their manic govt, stop fighting?

Basically without reciprocal action from Hamas, what is Israel meant to do?

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:48 - Nov 15 with 1907 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:46 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

“Because they don't car about Palestine civilians.”

Neither do the Israeli regime. And yet you push their propaganda and position at every step while paying lip service to the humanitarian carnage.

I really don't think your framing of GB's position is fair. He's at least recognising that there are two sides to this.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:52 - Nov 15 with 1883 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:46 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

While I agree with that, its really only half the story. Honest question: have Hamas said they'd abide by a ceasefire and return the hostages? And what about establishing a wider, lasting peace? Without some kind of backtracking on Hamas's destruction of Israel goal, how does the Israeli population, let alone their manic govt, stop fighting?

Basically without reciprocal action from Hamas, what is Israel meant to do?

"Basically without reciprocal action from Hamas, what is Israel meant to do?"

Well, unless you think revenge killings of thousands of civilians is acceptable, a start would be to shore up the border and vow to defend it properly. Israel is quite capable of doing that.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:53 - Nov 15 with 1878 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:48 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

I really don't think your framing of GB's position is fair. He's at least recognising that there are two sides to this.

No offence, but I expect nothing better from you.

Which one of us here is actually backing a side and their extreme aims?

I take no sides except for the side of both sets of civilians caught in between. As we all should.

Ceasefire now!

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:53 - Nov 15 with 1875 viewsRob88

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:44 - Nov 15 by noggin

The allies bombed civilian areas, which is illegal. That is never acceptable.

Without which the war would arguably have been longer and led to a greater loss of life. But even if they had not changed their policy regarding civilian areas, the fact would have remained, babies would have died. So should we not have gone to war with the Nazis?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:55 - Nov 15 with 1865 viewsRob88

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:45 - Nov 15 by leitrimblue

So how many children Rob?
And are you really comparing the unarmed innocent Palestinian children with the Nazis?

You know I am not. You know I am referring to Hamas. Your ideology runs deep. Wake up!
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:56 - Nov 15 with 1859 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:52 - Nov 15 by noggin

"Basically without reciprocal action from Hamas, what is Israel meant to do?"

Well, unless you think revenge killings of thousands of civilians is acceptable, a start would be to shore up the border and vow to defend it properly. Israel is quite capable of doing that.

They thought they had done just that - turned out they were wrong. Given the thousands of reservists currently called up, are you suggesting that all those individuals are mean to permanently sacrifice their lives to patrolling a border for evermore? And how can any border ever be truly 100% solid? Its must be many 10s of miles long - I'm no military bod, but surely a concentrated attack could get through even the best protection?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024