Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Moment of the season... 11:08 - May 6 with 2598 viewsFunge

... honestly, I've never celebrated a goal like Sarmiento vs Saints, and I include any goal vs the budgies in that.

Absolutely seismic goal, I didn't sleep that night... eventually, after the impact had sunk in, maybe 48 hours later, came the realisation that we might, actually, go up.

Even the subsequent no-show at Carrot Rd failed to diminish it, not least cos Cov beat Leeds 2 hours later.

Everyone in PR lost their minds for a good 5 minutes after that goal.
Moment of the season... on 11:11 - May 6 with 2148 viewsHerbivore

Yeah, one of my greatest moments following Town that. I went ballistic, was off down the stairs, limbs everywhere. Moments like that don't happen often.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Moment of the season... on 11:12 - May 6 with 2146 viewswkj

I know we finished 6 points in front, but that goal probably sealed it for us. Giving the squad a mental boost to ride out the season. It could be one of the loudest celebrations we've ever belted out.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Moment of the season... on 11:15 - May 6 with 2113 viewsMach_foreignBlue

This goal falls in the same category as Hirst at Barnsley and Chaplin at Derby last year.

Or going further back Stewart's brace against Bolton.

An ilk of a goal and its moment you'll never stop watching. Next year, 2, 5, 10 years......you will never get bored of watching it.
Moment of the season... on 11:23 - May 6 with 2091 viewsGogs

That was the biggest cheer I've yelled out since Magilton's hattrick goal in the playoff semi. The belief and realisation which came with it that promotion was most definitely on
Moment of the season... on 11:42 - May 6 with 1992 viewsSteve_M

Yes, it was Easter weekend that made me think we could actually do this. There was always a chance before that but the strength of Leeds and Leicester looked a bit much.

At 2-1 down to Southampton, with them having further chances, I just kept thinking that as long as there was only one goal in it we could come back. The last twenty minutes though, it was just a question of whether we could get a winner. And, yeah, what a fking moment that was.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Moment of the season... on 11:43 - May 6 with 1965 viewsFrimleyBlue

Got to be Hutchinsons goal Saturday.

Altho at 1-0 it felt like the job was done. I needed that 2nd to really feel it was.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Moment of the season... on 11:45 - May 6 with 1973 viewsMK1

Sorry to be boring, but every one of the forty six games for me. The bounce backs from defeat, the hard fought draws and the winning from losing positions. This season has just been moment after moment for me. Every weekend/weekday match has just thrilled me.
I think the honest and genuine togetherness of this squad will be the one thing I remember the most. They have played for the club, not themselves and that is rare in the modern day footballer. I hope we keep the vast majority of them together next season, they have earnt it.
Moment of the season... on 12:01 - May 6 with 1902 viewsbluefunk

I’ve never heard noise like it, as sustained as it was and where normally undemonstrative fans were on their feet roaring in appreciation - and this was my 60th season watching Town. That goal is now part of the folklore of our double promotion.
Login to get fewer ads

Moment of the season... on 13:35 - May 6 with 1724 viewsdezb

Sarmiento goal for me. Still watching it back again and again even now. The importance, the limbs, everything about it.

Having that just a few weeks after the Leif winner against Bristol City as well. Mind blowing, that moments like that were just a couple amongst so many this season.
Moment of the season... on 13:49 - May 6 with 1667 viewsbluestandard

Can’t argue with the Sarmiento goal as the highlight. Personally,the late goals against Watford away and Sunderland at home started to make me believe that we could do something special, given they are strong teams that we’ve not always fared well against.
Moment of the season... on 13:50 - May 6 with 1661 viewscharlie1

Moment of the season... on 11:42 - May 6 by Steve_M

Yes, it was Easter weekend that made me think we could actually do this. There was always a chance before that but the strength of Leeds and Leicester looked a bit much.

At 2-1 down to Southampton, with them having further chances, I just kept thinking that as long as there was only one goal in it we could come back. The last twenty minutes though, it was just a question of whether we could get a winner. And, yeah, what a fking moment that was.

That goal epitomises what we became as the season progressed.

Having been outplayed for quite a bit of the game, 2-2 would have been a very good result.
With 97 minutes on the clock the ball is in Hladky’s hands.
15 seconds later when Leif has the ball we have 5 players in the box and 3 more making ground to attack the edge of the box.

You want an example of the mentality that got us promoted, that was it right there.
Moment of the season... on 14:16 - May 6 with 1573 viewsChurchman

The moment of the season for me was the opening goal on Saturday. It was done. The sheer relief and feeling in that ground when Burns thudded it in will live with me.

It reminded me of that feeling when Reuser crashed home the fourth at Wembley.
Moment of the season... on 14:17 - May 6 with 1572 viewsNutkins_Return

Can't argue with that. Was absolutely massive!

I don't know why but a goal I go back to again and again which I think was absolutely huge was Morsy vs Watford. Felt like a goal and a win that really said we can actually do something this season. Summed up everything about the team and Morsy and seemed to really start our belief that we can go again late goals.
Moment of the season... on 14:22 - May 6 with 1556 viewswithyblue

Moment of the season... on 14:17 - May 6 by Nutkins_Return

Can't argue with that. Was absolutely massive!

I don't know why but a goal I go back to again and again which I think was absolutely huge was Morsy vs Watford. Felt like a goal and a win that really said we can actually do something this season. Summed up everything about the team and Morsy and seemed to really start our belief that we can go again late goals.

Yep. December was always pencilled in as a very tough month and we started it by going away to Middlesbrough and Watford and getting six points form two really difficult games. Had we not done we'd probably have been unable to recover from our late December/January dip in form.
Moment of the season... on 14:34 - May 6 with 1505 viewsParamedic

I virtually blacked out and had some sort of out of body experience. Never in my life have I celebrated a goal like that one, apart from maybe Reusers at Wembley 2000 when I fell down the stairs!

AllalallalSunderland

Moment of the season... on 14:42 - May 6 with 1473 viewsRe_User

For me, I think it sunk in that we were on the way was after Leicester away. This really indicated to me that McKenna was something special. The way he set the team up, with Travis and Luongo either pushing up in possession or dropping back to form a back 6 out of posession, Chaplin essentially being on the pitch to wear out Faes and the rest of their backline, then bringing on the subs, all of whom consistently rotated positions to break up their formation, resulting in Sarmiento being unmarked when the ball popped back out to him to score. I’ve never known a sound like it when that went in.
Moment of the season... on 15:13 - May 6 with 1349 viewsCobboldCrusty

In a season of unbelievable highs, that was the best of all. I said to a mate that I didn't think it could get better than the Leif winner v Bristol City but I was walking through the concourse after So'ton feeling like my head was going to explode. In a good way. There were probably 7 or 8 winners/huge moments this season which would've been the best moment of any other season though!
Moment of the season... on 15:43 - May 6 with 1238 viewsExiled2Surrey

yes, Sarmiento's was the one

I was thinking of being contrary and saying that the standing ovation that Hladky got from all round the ground in the Plymouth home game in the second half when he made a couple of astonishing saves was the most extraordinary

but Sarmiento v Southampton has to be the one that will forever live in the memory
Moment of the season... on 15:50 - May 6 with 1200 viewsbluesym

Absolutely. Not ashamed to say I cried.

Poll: Is Micheal Mcintyre actually funny?

Moment of the season... on 17:20 - May 6 with 1024 viewsRadlett_blue

Moment of the season... on 13:50 - May 6 by charlie1

That goal epitomises what we became as the season progressed.

Having been outplayed for quite a bit of the game, 2-2 would have been a very good result.
With 97 minutes on the clock the ball is in Hladky’s hands.
15 seconds later when Leif has the ball we have 5 players in the box and 3 more making ground to attack the edge of the box.

You want an example of the mentality that got us promoted, that was it right there.

We haven't had the best players in the League this season - all 3 relegated clubs have better players than us. Apparently, we have the 16th highest wage bill in the league. Leicester & the 4 play off contenders have the 5 highest wage bills. But our mental strength & belief - gaining a huge number of points from losing positions & our willingness to keep going for the win - has been unbelievable & is a credit to McKenna and his team

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Moment of the season... on 17:34 - May 6 with 976 viewsKieran_Knows

Totally agree. The noise when that hit the net was unlike anything I had ever heard before at Portman Road.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Moment of the season... on 17:40 - May 6 with 947 viewsMatt_Netherlands

Hands down the Sarmiento goal. Think I just stood there with my bass in my ahead for a good two or three minutes after the initial outpouring.
Moment of the season... on 17:49 - May 6 with 912 viewsTMWWNGAS

Don't think you can rule out Vaz save against Sunderland in the dying minutes... set the tone for the season, but easy to forget amongst the massive goals we scored
Moment of the season... on 18:02 - May 6 with 866 viewsMelford

Sarmeinto against Leicester for me, the only away game I went this season. That was proper mental, people jumping all over the place, hugging random blokes.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Moment of the season... on 18:18 - May 6 with 794 viewsBloomBlue

Burgess winner at Coventry for me.
The first goal was amazing the roar from the Town fans I actually thought was louder than when Sarmiento scored, 2 Coventry fans even said that's the loudest roar they've ever heard at Coventry.
But that 2nd goal was the moment of the season for me. I knew at that point automatic promotion was ours. Even though we still had the rest of the game to finish and Hudd on Sat, I was convinced then we had it. Never been that confident before. Even had a tear as I remembered 2 people not with us now who would have loved being here to see us back in the Prem, silly old sod that I am.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024