Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 262104 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:56 - Nov 15 with 2452 viewslowhouseblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:43 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

I’ll take my chances. You’ve been a fairly unerring guide to the wrong side of history for years.

There are no easy answers but that definitely includes the easy answer of not just continuing the cycle of violence but ramping it up. We need to step back and stop seeing this conflict through the eyes of the extremists on both sides and the violence both espouse. That is if we’re serious about innocent lives and the possibility of peace and we’re not actually just pushing the same old defence of vested interests and shonky Middle East geopolitics.

there are indeed no easy answers, and there's no prospect now for an effective peace process without a greatly weakened hamas with its supply routes form iran cut. there won't be a peace process with rockets being fired into israel and the threat of future incursions. like it or not security for israel will be a precondition to that process.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:57 - Nov 15 with 2448 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:53 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

No offence, but I expect nothing better from you.

Which one of us here is actually backing a side and their extreme aims?

I take no sides except for the side of both sets of civilians caught in between. As we all should.

Ceasefire now!

no offense taken - completely expect that sort of response. I'm afraid that you're not as even handed in this as you think.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:57 - Nov 15 with 2447 viewsRob88

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:49 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

We’re on surreal Orwellian grounds if we’re trying to make that justification.

The point is simple. Loss of life, including civilians, is a tragic cost of war. There has probably never been a war in the history of man that has not resulted in civilian casualties.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:00 - Nov 15 with 2420 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:56 - Nov 15 by lowhouseblue

there are indeed no easy answers, and there's no prospect now for an effective peace process without a greatly weakened hamas with its supply routes form iran cut. there won't be a peace process with rockets being fired into israel and the threat of future incursions. like it or not security for israel will be a precondition to that process.

Security for Israel in its current regime means getting rid of the Palestinians. From Gaza AND as much of the West Bank as possible.

So let’s get real for their sake.

Real Security for all the people of the region looks much different and won’t be achieved militarily. In fact, quite the opposite.

Pronouns: He/Him

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:00 - Nov 15 with 2419 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:57 - Nov 15 by Rob88

The point is simple. Loss of life, including civilians, is a tragic cost of war. There has probably never been a war in the history of man that has not resulted in civilian casualties.

You seem to be supporting the targeting of civilians.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:03 - Nov 15 with 2400 viewsRob88

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:00 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

Security for Israel in its current regime means getting rid of the Palestinians. From Gaza AND as much of the West Bank as possible.

Real Security for all the people of the region looks much different and won’t be achieved militarily. In fact, quite the opposite.

Why does Israel’s security require getting rid of Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank?

Surely (part of) Israel’s security only requires the cessation of attacks from Gaza and the West Bank in all its forms.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:07 - Nov 15 with 2375 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:57 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

no offense taken - completely expect that sort of response. I'm afraid that you're not as even handed in this as you think.

Thanks.

I’ll file that along with all the other things you have a strong opinion on but never seem to know anything about.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:07 - Nov 15 with 2372 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:56 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

They thought they had done just that - turned out they were wrong. Given the thousands of reservists currently called up, are you suggesting that all those individuals are mean to permanently sacrifice their lives to patrolling a border for evermore? And how can any border ever be truly 100% solid? Its must be many 10s of miles long - I'm no military bod, but surely a concentrated attack could get through even the best protection?

If Israel is going to fence in 2 million people, like cattle, then they need to stop the cattle from breaking out. They are capable of doing that and have openly admitted lax security on 7. October.

Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:08 - Nov 15 with 2370 viewsRob88

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:00 - Nov 15 by noggin

You seem to be supporting the targeting of civilians.

Any other words you would like to put in my mouth?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:08 - Nov 15 with 2356 viewslowhouseblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:00 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

"Security for Israel in its current regime means getting rid of the Palestinians. From Gaza AND as much of the West Bank as possible."

that is utterly dishonest, bigoted and agenda driven. it's a distortion solely intended to justify your entrenched view. it's hard to imagine why someone would push such a lie.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:09 - Nov 15 with 2341 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:03 - Nov 15 by Rob88

Why does Israel’s security require getting rid of Palestinians from Gaza and the West Bank?

Surely (part of) Israel’s security only requires the cessation of attacks from Gaza and the West Bank in all its forms.

I have no idea. Ask them.

Gazan and West Bank security also means Israel can no longer illegally occupy and oppress either.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:12 - Nov 15 with 2304 viewsBlueschev

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:07 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

Thanks.

I’ll file that along with all the other things you have a strong opinion on but never seem to know anything about.

I don't think there's any need to respond to GS in this manner. I know he supports Norwich, but I don't believe he professes to be an expert on the Israel Palestine conflict, and to me at least seems to want to hear from both sides of the argument to inform his opinions. At least that's how I see it.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:12 - Nov 15 with 2303 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:07 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

Thanks.

Only the truly stupid think they know everything.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:18 - Nov 15 with 2270 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:08 - Nov 15 by Rob88

Any other words you would like to put in my mouth?

Perhaps you should attempt to explain yerself a bit better. So how many is acceptable to you Rob?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:18 - Nov 15 with 2258 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:12 - Nov 15 by Blueschev

I don't think there's any need to respond to GS in this manner. I know he supports Norwich, but I don't believe he professes to be an expert on the Israel Palestine conflict, and to me at least seems to want to hear from both sides of the argument to inform his opinions. At least that's how I see it.

Thanks. Anyway, lets not let this thread become a slanging match, hey Darth. We know what we think of each other.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:30 - Nov 15 with 2213 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:55 - Nov 15 by Rob88

You know I am not. You know I am referring to Hamas. Your ideology runs deep. Wake up!

Ergh?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:31 - Nov 15 with 2208 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:46 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

While I agree with that, its really only half the story. Honest question: have Hamas said they'd abide by a ceasefire and return the hostages? And what about establishing a wider, lasting peace? Without some kind of backtracking on Hamas's destruction of Israel goal, how does the Israeli population, let alone their manic govt, stop fighting?

Basically without reciprocal action from Hamas, what is Israel meant to do?

Stop killings hundreds of innocent women and children a day in a attempt to achieve the unachievable?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:34 - Nov 15 with 2188 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:18 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

Thanks. Anyway, lets not let this thread become a slanging match, hey Darth. We know what we think of each other.

Indeed we do. So you can take your standard bad faith elsewhere.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:34 - Nov 15 with 2188 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:57 - Nov 15 by Rob88

If I had said this regarding the 7th Oct. attacks, I would rightly have been criticised and accused of anti semitism. It is never acceptable to target civilians, war or no war.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:39 - Nov 15 with 2158 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:12 - Nov 15 by giant_stow

Only the truly stupid think they know everything.

Something I’ve never pretended but I know the available facts much, much better than you.

The truly stupid know only a small amount and go from there. You are the poster boy for Dunning Kruger.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:45 - Nov 15 with 2109 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:12 - Nov 15 by Blueschev

Oh this is based on years of his bad faith “interactions”. The guy’s been a disingenuous pain in the arse towards me at any rate.

Now accusing me of taking one side while GB apparently takes both sides. Because this is what he does.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:55 - Nov 15 with 2061 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:53 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

No offence, but I expect nothing better from you.

Which one of us here is actually backing a side and their extreme aims?

I take no sides except for the side of both sets of civilians caught in between. As we all should.

Ceasefire now!

I'm backing Israel against Hamas. I'm also backing the Palestinian people against Netanyahu, Smotrich, Ben-Gvir and the other right wing extremists in the Israeli government, to get a fair two state solution and nationhood for Palestine.

Whereas you are solely backing one side, which is your prerogative, but in doing so you are excusing and defending Hamas as a viable partner in any further negotiations. They forfeited any right to be a part of a Palestinians future when they went into Israel and bombed, beheaded, decapitated, mutilated, burned alive, shot and raped innocent civilians.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:58 - Nov 15 with 2050 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:55 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

I'm backing Israel against Hamas. I'm also backing the Palestinian people against Netanyahu, Smotrich, Ben-Gvir and the other right wing extremists in the Israeli government, to get a fair two state solution and nationhood for Palestine.

Whereas you are solely backing one side, which is your prerogative, but in doing so you are excusing and defending Hamas as a viable partner in any further negotiations. They forfeited any right to be a part of a Palestinians future when they went into Israel and bombed, beheaded, decapitated, mutilated, burned alive, shot and raped innocent civilians.

That makes no sense. Even as a narrative, let alone the truth of our posting on the conflict.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:08 - Nov 15 with 2003 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:55 - Nov 15 by GlasgowBlue

'I'm backing the Palestinian people against Netanyahu' . While justifying their deaths in the tens if thousands if that's what it takes to defeat Hamas. I think the children of Palestine could probably do without that kinda 'support'.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:09 - Nov 15 with 1993 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:58 - Nov 15 by Darth_Koont

That makes no sense. Even as a narrative, let alone the truth of our posting on the conflict.

Sorry, accidentally downvoted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024