Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 262445 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:26 - Nov 27 with 3169 viewsgiant_stow

Bit of a disspoitning statement here from Ben Jamal. Feels like an opportunity missed to come together

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:48 - Nov 27 with 3101 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:26 - Nov 27 by giant_stow

Bit of a disspoitning statement here from Ben Jamal. Feels like an opportunity missed to come together

I wouldn’t expect anything less from the PSc.

Re. Yesterday’s march. Not a single masked face, no intimidation, no vandalism, no climbing on statues, no calls for death or genocide and no fighting with the police .

There were lots of self effacing humoured placards though and only 2 arrests. One was a man shouting anti semitic abuse at the marchers and Yaxley-Lennon, who wasn’t welcome by the organisers (The Campaign Against Antisemitism) whereas Jamal and other organisers of the pro-Palestinian marches don’t seem particularly bothered by the presence of extremists.

Oh and Peter Tatchell wasn’t hounded out for his placard.

[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 8:55]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:50 - Nov 27 with 3096 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:26 - Nov 27 by giant_stow

I'd say he's got it absolutely spot on
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:57 - Nov 27 with 3062 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:50 - Nov 27 by leitrimblue

You really are a disgrace.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:59 - Nov 27 with 3053 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:57 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

You really are a disgrace.

Says the man who as never in anyway justified the killing of thousands of Palestinian children as collateral damage in Isreals 'war with Hamas'. Yet I'm the disgrace..
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 11:15]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:00 - Nov 27 with 3038 viewsgiant_stow

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:50 - Nov 27 by leitrimblue

Fair enough boss, there's room for interpterion, I accept that. Personally, it felt like was at least a chance to recognise a fellow group of people marching against racism / in favour of freedom from terror.

(But one point which is isn't open is his assertion that Yaxley whats his face was welcome - he most certainly wasn't, so to say he was his counter-factual)

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:05 - Nov 27 with 3001 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:59 - Nov 27 by leitrimblue

Says the man who as never in anyway justified the killing of thousands of Palestinian children as collateral damage in Isreals 'war with Hamas'. Yet I'm the disgrace..
[Post edited 27 Nov 2023 11:15]

You are a disgrace because you agree with the description that a peaceful march against anti Jewish racism is a “march against Palestinian rights and pro the maintenance of Israel's system of apartheid”.

I haven’t “cheered” in the killing of thousands of Palestinian children, and I’ve reported your post as abuse for claiming that I did.

But a question. Why do you object to the British Jewish community marching against the racism they are receiving?

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:11 - Nov 27 with 2992 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:05 - Nov 27 by GlasgowBlue

You are a disgrace because you agree with the description that a peaceful march against anti Jewish racism is a “march against Palestinian rights and pro the maintenance of Israel's system of apartheid”.

I haven’t “cheered” in the killing of thousands of Palestinian children, and I’ve reported your post as abuse for claiming that I did.

But a question. Why do you object to the British Jewish community marching against the racism they are receiving?

But a question. Why are you determined to frame thousands of people marching for peace and the end to the daily deaths if hundreds of children hate marches?
Sorry I should have changed cheered to daily justification of the killing of thousands of Palestinian children
Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:14 - Nov 27 with 2952 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:11 - Nov 27 by leitrimblue

But a question. Why are you determined to frame thousands of people marching for peace and the end to the daily deaths if hundreds of children hate marches?
Sorry I should have changed cheered to daily justification of the killing of thousands of Palestinian children

Would you like to answer my question rather than swerving by asking one of your own?

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:15 - Nov 27 with 2959 viewsDarth_Koont

I don’t think there’s any doubt where the Campaign Against Antisemitism stand on Israel and against pro-Palestinians more generally. They are lobbyists.

Also no doubt that the Jewish community and peaceful marchers can and should stand up against antisemitism.

Pronouns: He/Him

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:31 - Nov 27 with 2910 viewsZapers

Isn't this exactly what NeehamChris is stating in his post.

To suggest anyone, let alone you has been 'cheering on the killing of thousands of Palestinian children' Is a total disgrace and should be removed.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:40 - Nov 27 with 2759 viewsRyorry

Some who've posted on the thread might be interested in a series of documentaries being shown on BBC4 tonight from 22.00-01.20 - 'Elusive Peace' - about the "so near yet so far" 1999-2005 window of opportunity for peace between Palestine & Israel.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001swsb

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0glcmc1/israel-and-the-arabs-elusive-peac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0glcnhz/israel-and-the-arabs-elusive-peac

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0glcpbn/israel-and-the-arabs-elusive-peac

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:10 - Nov 27 with 2738 viewsSwansea_Blue

Great to see the positive impact of the ceasefire including the release of hostages. I find it very strange that people busted a gut to dismiss calls for a ceasefire, but there we are. Another 2 day extension just announced and 11 more hostages released today. A long way to go still of course, but dialogue is the only way forward imo if you want to avoid an ever intensifying circle of death. That will involve some concessions of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:04 - Nov 28 with 2627 viewsDarth_Koont

I see Musk is wading in to back up the hardline Israeli approach.

From the BBC:
“The pair also held a brief live-streamed conversation on X, during which Mr Musk agreed with Mr Netanyahu that the only way to obtain peace and security was to destroy Hamas.
"You first have to get rid of the poisonous regime as you did in Germany, as you did in Japan. Yeah, in World War Two," Mr Netanyahu said.
Mr Musk replied: "There's no choice. There's no choice."

The far-right and its apologists like Musk seem to be natural allies for the Israeli regime.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/27/jewish-antisemitism-suppor

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:17 - Nov 28 with 2584 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:04 - Nov 28 by Darth_Koont

From the BBC:
“The pair also held a brief live-streamed conversation on X, during which Mr Musk agreed with Mr Netanyahu that the only way to obtain peace and security was to destroy Hamas.
"You first have to get rid of the poisonous regime as you did in Germany, as you did in Japan. Yeah, in World War Two," Mr Netanyahu said.

The far-right and its apologists like Musk seem to be natural allies for the Israeli regime.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/nov/27/jewish-antisemitism-suppor

Taking aside what an odious c*^t Musk is, and my contempt for Bibi goes without saying, what part of destroying Hamas do you disagree with?

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:18 - Nov 28 with 2587 viewsRob88

From the BBC:

Wanting rid of a fundamentalist Islamic terrorist group is far right?
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:18 - Nov 28 with 2588 viewsRyorry

From the BBC:

Unbelievable that neither of them has the intelligence to see that if they 'destroy' Hamas, Hamas will just re-emerge under a different name.

Taking people with in hearts and minds is what's required, but those are probably the two least likely humans on the planet to do h & m.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:28 - Nov 28 with 2553 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:18 - Nov 28 by Ryorry

Unbelievable that neither of them has the intelligence to see that if they 'destroy' Hamas, Hamas will just re-emerge under a different name.

Taking people with in hearts and minds is what's required, but those are probably the two least likely humans on the planet to do h & m.

Have to disagree with you there Rory. Hamas aren't a terrorist organisation that could fall into the gray area of "freedom fighters".

There only cause is to wipe out every Jew in the middle east. They are no different to ISIS or al-Qaeda.

The hearts and minds strategy needs to be with the Palestinian Authority. Although Bibi is not the man to enter into those negotiations and should be removed from power by the Knesset.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2023 11:32]

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:39 - Nov 28 with 2535 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:17 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

Taking aside what an odious c*^t Musk is, and my contempt for Bibi goes without saying, what part of destroying Hamas do you disagree with?

The bit that accepts unacceptable loss of innocent civilian life to achieve it.

The bit that doesn’t seem to learn from history with terrorists/insurgents who can disappear back into the civilian population.

The bit that doesn’t take into account the many other militant factions and organisations who aren’t Hamas.

The bit that refuses to address the real issue and underlying problem with illegal occupation and oppresssion of Palestinians whether Hamas are involved or not.

The bit that perpetuates the cycle of violence that has driven extremism and the latest escalation on both sides to criminal and genocidal levels.

The bit where we decide to take sides and support one side and its horrific extremism over the other while abandoning millions of innocent civilians who are in the crosshairs.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:43 - Nov 28 with 2524 viewsGlasgowBlue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:39 - Nov 28 by Darth_Koont

The bit that doesn’t seem to learn from history with terrorists/insurgents who can disappear back into the civilian population.

The bit that doesn’t take into account the many other militant factions and organisations who aren’t Hamas.

The bit that refuses to address the real issue and underlying problem with illegal occupation and oppresssion of Palestinians whether Hamas are involved or not.

The bit that perpetuates the cycle of violence that has driven extremism and the latest escalation on both sides to criminal and genocidal levels.

The bit where we decide to take sides and support one side and its horrific extremism over the other while abandoning millions of innocent civilians who are in the crosshairs.

That's great. But do you think Hamas should be allowed to exist following the 7 October massacres? Or do you think they need to be destroyed?

Take aside the measures the Israeli government is taking to do this.

Iron Lion Zion

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:45 - Nov 28 with 2524 viewsNthQldITFC

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:39 - Nov 28 by Darth_Koont

That's very succinctly put, and I agree with it all whilst also having great sympathy for the Israeli civilians who have suffered from the Hamas attack and for British and other Jews who are suffering now and feeling threatened.

The crucial phrase, I think, is 'underlying problem'. Until that takes precedence over contemporary attacks and reprisals, nowt will get done and all will suffer.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:49 - Nov 28 with 2503 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:43 - Nov 28 by GlasgowBlue

That's great. But do you think Hamas should be allowed to exist following the 7 October massacres? Or do you think they need to be destroyed?

Take aside the measures the Israeli government is taking to do this.

Yes, let’s debate this as if it’s a fantasy world where we can remove all real-world context or consequences ...

I don’t support Hamas or the horrific violence but “resolving” it with violence and the inevitable humanitarian catastrophe is particularly boneheaded and counter-productive. Terrorism is destroyed by justice, dialogue and marginalising those extremist voices who only have violence as a solution.

How did Israel and the world resolve the situation with the PLO terrorists?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:57 - Nov 28 with 2482 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:18 - Nov 28 by Rob88

Wanting rid of a fundamentalist Islamic terrorist group is far right?

No. Wanting rid of civilians or at least ignoring the unacceptable human cost is far-right.

I don’t know anyone who doesn’t want Hamas and their murderous methods gone. And let’s be honest that goes for the majority of Palestinians who will be victimised by Israel’s approach.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:06 - Nov 28 with 2413 viewsDJR

The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that deaths from untreated illnesses could exceed deaths from bombardment in Gaza.

A WHO assessment of UNRWA shelters found widespread diarrhoea and respiratory infections among children and infants, and no treatment whatsoever.

Patients with chronic illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, or diabetes are also getting no treatment.

Meanwhile, the Unicef team in northern Gaza is also warning of catastrophic war injuries, seeing children with "horrendous wounds" lying in car parks and gardens.

Aid agencies repeating that a resumption of fighting should be unthinkable, calling again for a permanent ceasefire.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:20 - Nov 28 with 2365 viewsDarth_Koont

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:06 - Nov 28 by DJR

The World Health Organization (WHO) has warned that deaths from untreated illnesses could exceed deaths from bombardment in Gaza.

A WHO assessment of UNRWA shelters found widespread diarrhoea and respiratory infections among children and infants, and no treatment whatsoever.

Patients with chronic illnesses such as cancer, heart disease, or diabetes are also getting no treatment.

Meanwhile, the Unicef team in northern Gaza is also warning of catastrophic war injuries, seeing children with "horrendous wounds" lying in car parks and gardens.

Aid agencies repeating that a resumption of fighting should be unthinkable, calling again for a permanent ceasefire.

You’d like to think that the temporary ceasefire and release of hostages and prisoners will counter the absolutism of the extremist violence on both sides. Given it clearly shows other options are available and preferable when both sides can negotiate and take steps to de-escalate and protect civilian lives.

It also shows the importance of the international community in mediating and bringing the sides together. And the danger of those voices who are keen to push one side over the other and maintain divisions.

I want to see much, much better going forward from our own political leaders.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024