Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 262504 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Let us hope that the United States can find a reason to vote for ceasefire on 10:35 - Dec 23 with 3418 viewsWeWereZombies

Let us hope that the United States can find a reason to vote for ceasefire on 09:31 - Dec 23 by brazil1982

Counter that then, with a poll that backs your claim that Hamas does not have a majority of support in the WB or the Gaza.

No, I am absolutely not going to get drawn into that silly game. A situation subsists where large parts of a population are displaced, without secure supplies of food and water or medical facilities. Or, indeed, shelter. Many are suffering PTSD, bereavement and all feel threatened. How on earth is any poll going to be accurate under such circumstances. The best we can hope for is impressionistic interpretations from people 'on the ground' and those who have direct experience of Palestine. And then we have to filter out any skew that is given to accounts by political allegiances and attempts to play those easily taken in by
bald statistics.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Let us hope that the United States can find a reason to vote for ceasefire on 12:31 - Dec 23 with 3366 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Let us hope that the United States can find a reason to vote for ceasefire on 09:31 - Dec 23 by brazil1982

Counter that then, with a poll that backs your claim that Hamas does not have a majority of support in the WB or the Gaza.

DJR already has a couple of posts up. Even if say 51% did support them, would it justify exterminating the entire population?

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:44 - Dec 23 with 3331 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 23:01 - Dec 23 with 3272 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Anybody watching and reading the daily news coming out of Gaza and not doing all they can to stop it is frankly a bit of a ......!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:13 - Dec 24 with 3138 viewsWeWereZombies

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 23:01 - Dec 23 by BanksterDebtSlave

Anybody watching and reading the daily news coming out of Gaza and not doing all they can to stop it is frankly a bit of a ......!

But maybe a start to doing all we can to stop it is to refrain from calling aech other names ?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:59 - Dec 24 with 3070 viewspositivity

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:13 - Dec 24 by WeWereZombies

But maybe a start to doing all we can to stop it is to refrain from calling aech other names ?

sorry wwz, fat fingered downvote!

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:19 - Dec 24 with 3042 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:13 - Dec 24 by WeWereZombies

Personally I feel that apologists and those that wish to distract are cunits and top of that list are Biden and Starmer but each to their own.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:28 - Dec 24 with 3021 viewsDJR

Sunak's Christmas message is rather tone death with war going on in Gaza (as well as other places like the Ukraine and Sudan). But this is what he said.

“Christmas is a time of peace, joy, compassion. A time of hope and a promise of a better world. And today as we look ahead, let’s keep that promise of a brighter future burning into the new year.”

The following sums things up rather better when it comes to Gaza, the Nativity Under Rubble in Bethlehem (a photo of which appears in the second link) being very poignant.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/middle-east/no-christmas-lights-or-tree-in-bethlehe
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 20:01]
Login to get fewer ads

I cannot explain why I find this footage so disturbing. on 07:42 - Dec 28 with 2760 viewsWeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-67825385

Bodies in blue plastic bags taken from Palestine to Israel to check to see if any are dead hostages and then returned for burial in mass graves. There is something so crass and futile in the procedure that offends my sense of the sanctity of human life even unto death and I cannot articulate it. Maybe it is the demonstration of two warring factions who have made public claims about their intention to destroy the other faction and then having to co-operate after they have committed part of the damage, I don't know.

And this is just a short and edited minute from the aftermath, how would we feel if we saw footage of the fighting and the moments when people died as part of the regular new bulletins rather than the sanitised version ? (Which is often much further down the news agenda if it makes it at all.)

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:19 - Dec 28 with 2716 viewsDJR

The tip of the iceberg.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/use-of-incorrect-munition-in-strike
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:35 - Dec 28 with 2666 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:19 - Dec 28 by DJR

The tip of the iceberg.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/use-of-incorrect-munition-in-strike

The moderated comments look like they'll be fun!!

I cannot explain why I find this footage so disturbing. on 09:49 - Dec 28 with 2639 viewsDJR

I cannot explain why I find this footage so disturbing. on 07:42 - Dec 28 by WeWereZombies

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-middle-east-67825385

Bodies in blue plastic bags taken from Palestine to Israel to check to see if any are dead hostages and then returned for burial in mass graves. There is something so crass and futile in the procedure that offends my sense of the sanctity of human life even unto death and I cannot articulate it. Maybe it is the demonstration of two warring factions who have made public claims about their intention to destroy the other faction and then having to co-operate after they have committed part of the damage, I don't know.

And this is just a short and edited minute from the aftermath, how would we feel if we saw footage of the fighting and the moments when people died as part of the regular new bulletins rather than the sanitised version ? (Which is often much further down the news agenda if it makes it at all.)

The ban on foreign journalists also helps to sanitise things, as the gruesome and heart breaking live footage from organisations like the Palestinian Red Crescent doesn't tend to get featured in this country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/dec/12/hugely-frustrating-international-m
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 9:52]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:02 - Dec 28 with 2508 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:44 - Dec 1 by GlasgowBlue

Oh well.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2023/nov/30/jerusalem-bus-stop-shooting-attack

Hamas end ceasefire a day earlier than I had originally thought.

edit. edit. I was reminded by my very good friend Banksy, via the medium of PM as he has taken a public vow of silence, that the IDF have been taking out members of Hamas in the West Bank during the ceasefire.

edit.edit. edit. Banksy would like me to clarify that the people taken out in the west bank were not members of Hamas. They were senior commanders for Palestinian Islamic Jihad, Mohammed Zubeidi and Wissam Hanoun.

Don't want to give those lovely fellas in Hamas a bad rep by associating them with Palestinian Islamic Jihad. The splitters.
[Post edited 1 Dec 2023 22:50]

Well in what must go down as the most edited post in TWTD history it can still be seen that it wasn't a single incident being talked about in the West Bank and your opinion was that only terrorists (Hamas and Islamic Jihad) had been killed there during the ceasefire by the IDF.....something that your pride would not allow you to back down from during my "unsolicited bombardment" of 4 emails over 15 minutes while you made said edits in response to myself and Stokie.

Edit to add 'history.'
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 20:04]

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:26 - Dec 30 with 2312 viewsDJR

People have questioned the number of killed in Gaza, including from recollection the US and our Government, but this indicates even the UK now accepts the death toll coming out of Gaza. As it is, the current figures are now estimated as being around 30,000 given those trapped under buildings and the general difficulty of bodies reaching hospital morgues.

Her statement included the following.

"For those injured and surviving, nearly two thirds of homes and schools are damaged or destroyed. Many more will die from attacks, from disease, from famine if we do not act to stop this humanitarian catastrophe."

But unlike her statement on Ukraine last night, she did not condemn Israel for attacks on civilian infrastructure.

Shurely shome mishtake?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 9:35]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:37 - Dec 30 with 2271 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:26 - Dec 30 by DJR

People have questioned the number of killed in Gaza, including from recollection the US and our Government, but this indicates even the UK now accepts the death toll coming out of Gaza. As it is, the current figures are now estimated as being around 30,000 given those trapped under buildings and the general difficulty of bodies reaching hospital morgues.

Her statement included the following.

"For those injured and surviving, nearly two thirds of homes and schools are damaged or destroyed. Many more will die from attacks, from disease, from famine if we do not act to stop this humanitarian catastrophe."

But unlike her statement on Ukraine last night, she did not condemn Israel for attacks on civilian infrastructure.

Shurely shome mishtake?
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 9:35]

Circa 30,000 dead and 60,000 injured from a population of 2.2 million.
1 in 24.....just let that sink in!

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:39 - Dec 30 with 2254 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:02 - Dec 28 by BanksterDebtSlave

Well in what must go down as the most edited post in TWTD history it can still be seen that it wasn't a single incident being talked about in the West Bank and your opinion was that only terrorists (Hamas and Islamic Jihad) had been killed there during the ceasefire by the IDF.....something that your pride would not allow you to back down from during my "unsolicited bombardment" of 4 emails over 15 minutes while you made said edits in response to myself and Stokie.

Edit to add 'history.'
[Post edited 28 Dec 2023 20:04]

I note the distinct silence in countering the fallacious claims made in the thread where they actually occurred....I am not however surprised.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:48 - Dec 30 with 2225 viewsDJR

This is a touching video.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:25 - Dec 30 with 2132 viewsDJR

Interesting take from an Israeli based in Jerusalem who is a senior analyst at the International Crisis Group, a body seed funded and supported by George Soros according to Wikipedia. She has written for the New York Times and the Washington Post, according to her Twitter profile.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:03 - Dec 31 with 2018 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:25 - Dec 30 by DJR

Interesting take from an Israeli based in Jerusalem who is a senior analyst at the International Crisis Group, a body seed funded and supported by George Soros according to Wikipedia. She has written for the New York Times and the Washington Post, according to her Twitter profile.

With 1 million displaced people in Rafah, and Netanyahu talking last night about taking control of the Gaza/Egypt border, maybe displacement into Egypt is the end game.

Certainly, if the Rafah crossing were opened, I imagine hundreds of thousands would flee given what they are currently facing in Gaza.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 13:07]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:22 - Dec 31 with 1995 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 19:25 - Dec 30 by DJR

Good to see some anti war/government protests reemerging in Israel....
https://www.timesofisrael.com/in-tel-aviv-rally-protesters-denounce-government-c

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:26 - Dec 31 with 1986 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:03 - Dec 31 by DJR

With 1 million displaced people in Rafah, and Netanyahu talking last night about taking control of the Gaza/Egypt border, maybe displacement into Egypt is the end game.

Certainly, if the Rafah crossing were opened, I imagine hundreds of thousands would flee given what they are currently facing in Gaza.
[Post edited 31 Dec 2023 13:07]

Not long now til some lovely beach holidays will be available in Gaza as well as the North and East of Sri Lanka.....happy days!

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:11 - Dec 31 with 1896 viewsBent_double

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:26 - Dec 31 by BanksterDebtSlave

Not long now til some lovely beach holidays will be available in Gaza as well as the North and East of Sri Lanka.....happy days!

I know you're probably being facetious, but I can't see how anyone who has a conscience would even think about holidaying in Israel in the forseeable future.

But is it worrying, thinking what the end goal is for Gaza, and whether it still features Palestinians.

Poll: So what do we think will happen with MM and the Aston Villa job?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:23 - Dec 31 with 1852 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:11 - Dec 31 by Bent_double

I know you're probably being facetious, but I can't see how anyone who has a conscience would even think about holidaying in Israel in the forseeable future.

But is it worrying, thinking what the end goal is for Gaza, and whether it still features Palestinians.

He is being facetious, as is Private Eye with the following article, but I share your worries.

Israeli Government Asks Civilians To Move To "Western Gaza" Safe Zone.

Benjamin Netanyahu's government has offered an olive branch to all Gazans by suggesting they move to a new safe zone they have designated "Western Gaza".

An IDF spokesman said the Western Gaza offer was just one part of putting a "no-state solution" on the negotiating table to Palestinians.

He said, "West Gaza, an area otherwise known as the Mediterranean, is much less crowded than than the congested urban cityscapes of the Strip".
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:59 - Dec 31 with 1797 viewsredrickstuhaart

It wont stop people.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:08 - Dec 31 with 1745 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2023/dec/31/israel-gaza-war-live-netanyah

Israel’s finance minister, Bezalel Smotrich, has called for the return of Jewish settlers to the Gaza Strip after the war and said Gaza’s Palestinian population should be encouraged to emigrate, according to AFP.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024