Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 262252 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:06 - Mar 8 with 2322 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:56 - Mar 8 by DJR

This is a story Haaretz has also reported.

Al Jazeera’s Hani Mahmoud, reporting from Rafah, says there are reports of at least five people being crushed to death after being hit by aid packages airdropped to Gaza.

The parachute that was used to airdrop the aid did not open, causing the boxes to fall on people who were gathering in large numbers to collect the aid, the correspondent said.

Two people were killed on the spot while three were severely injured and later died at Kamal Adwan Hospital, according to initial reports.

“This is the tragedy people are experiencing in the north of Gaza. Not only are they confronted with the lack of food and medical supplies, but as they wait for packages of food they are either targeted by the Israeli military or killed by a non-functional parachute,” Mahmoud said.

EDIT: This Tweet, on the Haaretz website, shows even the aid packages where the parachutes appear to be working hitting the ground at a rather frightening speed, given their weight.

[Post edited 8 Mar 14:06]

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/06/colleagues-starvation-gaza

Found this quite a difficult read the other day
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:04 - Mar 8 with 2254 viewsChorleyBoy

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:06 - Mar 8 by leitrimblue

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2024/mar/06/colleagues-starvation-gaza

From that article the Israel Defence Minister says "We are putting a complete siege on Gaza … no electricity, no food, no water, no gas – it’s all closed."

But according to Israel and many of her allies, claims of genocide are meritless.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:05 - Mar 8 with 2249 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:06 - Mar 8 by leitrimblue

Stop the genocide now ffs.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:02 - Mar 8 with 2125 viewsWeWereZombies

It is events like this that have me wondering if the Israeli Defence Force are responsible for the breakdown of law in Israel:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-68514581

'And at that moment, they directly shot at us. Without any warning for me to stop or do anything… We were in the car when suddenly we encountered the soldiers who targeted us directly. They shot directly at us, so my son was killed immediately. He was not injured; he was immediately killed as he was shot in the head.'

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 06:37 - Mar 9 with 2046 viewsDJR

Bernie gets it right, and the same goes for the crocodile tears from other Western allies.

[Post edited 9 Mar 6:42]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:14 - Mar 9 with 1989 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 06:37 - Mar 9 by DJR

Bernie gets it right, and the same goes for the crocodile tears from other Western allies.

[Post edited 9 Mar 6:42]

And being Jewish himself, he should be a powerful voice on the subject. Sadly western nations seem to continue to put their fingers in their ears. End the genocide now.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:33 - Mar 9 with 1947 viewsChorleyBoy

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:14 - Mar 9 by noggin

And being Jewish himself, he should be a powerful voice on the subject. Sadly western nations seem to continue to put their fingers in their ears. End the genocide now.

Why do western nations continue to put their fingers in their ears and allow the slaughter of tens of thousands of innocent children to be killed?

Do they hate Palestinians that much?
Is condemnation of Israel with anything stronger than words, antisemitic?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:18 - Mar 12 with 1710 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:58 - Mar 12 with 1624 viewsChorleyBoy

alternative version:
[Post edited 12 Mar 13:00]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:08 - Mar 12 with 1595 viewsredrickstuhaart

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:58 - Mar 12 by ChorleyBoy

alternative version:
[Post edited 12 Mar 13:00]

Committment to International law? Demosntrable lie, given the West Bank settlements.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:27 - Mar 12 with 1563 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:08 - Mar 12 by redrickstuhaart

Committment to International law? Demosntrable lie, given the West Bank settlements.

It's not just the West Bank.

Take this, for example, in relation to the recent ICJ ruling, which is contained in a letter from 12 Israeli human rights groups.

"As members of Israel-based civil society committed to human rights and the rule of law, we condemn the fact that Israel has so far failed to change its behaviour based on the measures imposed by the ICJ, as well as the fact that humanitarian aid to Gaza dropped by 50% in the month following the ruling,” the letter says.

“We call for an immediate ceasefire, which must include the return of the hostages. We urge the Israeli government to comply with the ICJ order and implement the court’s provisional measures, which are essential to mitigating and overcoming the humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza.

“Moreover, we call on the international community to use its collective influence to promote and support an immediate ceasefire and the implementation of the provisional measures, and to increase its efforts to ensure that the Israeli hostages are returned from Gaza.”

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/mar/11/israeli-human-rights-groups-icj-ga
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:26 - Mar 12 with 1499 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 13:08 - Mar 12 by redrickstuhaart

Their disregard for international law started long long long before 7.10.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:42 - Mar 12 with 1481 viewsredrickstuhaart

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 17:26 - Mar 12 by noggin

Their disregard for international law started long long long before 7.10.

Im well aware of that.

The point is, that the statemenbt he makes in that video, is demonstrably, and inarguably untrue given the settlements. You dont have to go into the more difficult claims to prove him a liar.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:46 - Mar 12 with 1437 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:42 - Mar 12 with 1403 viewsNthsuffolkblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:46 - Mar 12 by DJR

It is nothing short of genocide.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:33 - Mar 15 with 1208 viewsnoggin

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:42 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

Netanyahu has today given the go ahead for the IDF to clear Rafah. Don't worry though, they won't target civilians and they won't contravene international law. They're a democratic nation don't you know.
[Post edited 15 Mar 18:43]

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:58 - Mar 15 with 1167 viewsWeWereZombies

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:33 - Mar 15 by noggin

Netanyahu has today given the go ahead for the IDF to clear Rafah. Don't worry though, they won't target civilians and they won't contravene international law. They're a democratic nation don't you know.
[Post edited 15 Mar 18:43]

Flawed democracy according to The Economist:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Economist_Democracy_Index

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:04 - Mar 15 with 1124 viewsSwansea_Blue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 22:42 - Mar 12 by Nthsuffolkblue

I try to believe in the best of humankind, but it’s REALLY hard when nobody is prepared to stop this sort of thing. Over 12,000 kids killed in 5 months and nobody who could make it stop seems remotely interested .

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:20 - Mar 15 with 1099 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:58 - Mar 15 by WeWereZombies

Just one place below Uncle Sam.
[Post edited 16 Mar 9:19]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:30 - Mar 15 with 1092 viewsBigalhunter

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:04 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

I try to believe in the best of humankind, but it’s REALLY hard when nobody is prepared to stop this sort of thing. Over 12,000 kids killed in 5 months and nobody who could make it stop seems remotely interested .

As long as Israel’s strategic allies continue to sit on their hands, they’ll interpret it as a green flag to continue the massacre.
All decent and humane people realise it’s a truly monstrous act of genocide playing out in plain sight, but the influence Israel has managed to exert over the US and UK in particular, is sufficient for nothing more than a bit of uncomfortable hand wringing and a few token words of sympathy.
Utterly disgraceful.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 21:43 - Mar 15 with 1139 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:58 - Mar 15 by WeWereZombies

Nonetheless ahead of some of our Western European peers such as Italy and Portugal (with whom majority on here wanted to be in an economic and political union with). And in the context of the Middle East, Israel is over 50 places ahead of their regional peers. It’s generally seen as low in corruption, stable, and a reasonable legal system in terms of foreign investment. There are plenty of sticks to beat Israel with right now, but that seems a weak one.

Unfortunately for them, Netanyahu is destroying their international reputation whilst the West idly sit by. Like Putin he’s happy to trash their economy (thought to have contracted upto 20pc) in the persuit of ideology. The massacre of starving people simply trying to get some bread, and subsequent lies from the IDF I felt were particularly appalling.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 21:55 - Mar 15 with 1110 viewsNthQldITFC

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 20:04 - Mar 15 by Swansea_Blue

Neither the Israeli administration and it's supporters nor the western leaders who are sponsoring, excusing or looking away from this will EVER be able to wash the stain of this off their hands now. It's too late. No action now will cleanse their names in the book of history. They are a bloody disgrace to humanity.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:53 - Mar 16 with 852 viewsWeWereZombies

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 21:43 - Mar 15 by SuperKieranMcKenna

Nonetheless ahead of some of our Western European peers such as Italy and Portugal (with whom majority on here wanted to be in an economic and political union with). And in the context of the Middle East, Israel is over 50 places ahead of their regional peers. It’s generally seen as low in corruption, stable, and a reasonable legal system in terms of foreign investment. There are plenty of sticks to beat Israel with right now, but that seems a weak one.

Unfortunately for them, Netanyahu is destroying their international reputation whilst the West idly sit by. Like Putin he’s happy to trash their economy (thought to have contracted upto 20pc) in the persuit of ideology. The massacre of starving people simply trying to get some bread, and subsequent lies from the IDF I felt were particularly appalling.

What you misunderstand is that I am not looking for a stick to beat Israel with, I am merely pointing out that Israel as a democracy is not completely functional and we should therefore not expect good practice from that state, i.e. for relations between Israel and Palestine (an authoritarian state according to The Economist index) to normalise we need a strong external force.

By that I obviously mean the United Nations. And the recognition of Palestine as a state by all major players. And the establishment of a two state solution. And that will undoubtedly need fairly extreme military force, which will involve the loss of life of soldiers from other nations who originally have no issue with the protagonists but nevertheless get shot by both sides.

However, this is probably the only way for Israel to survive in the long term. When a self-declared advocate of non-violent resistance like Mustafa Barghouti is only interested in a single state (BBC HARDtalk last year) but at the same time looks to a homeland for six and a half million Palestinians overseas to return to then it is a matter of simple arithmetic to see the Jewish population overrun and suffering the kind of depredations that Palestinians have had to suffer over the last seventy six years making all international post World War Two efforts to provide a sanctuary wasted. There need to be two homelands but it is going to be one heck of a job establishing the area of each and then policing the border between the two. And avoiding the process descending into yet another proxy war between superpowers.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:09 - Mar 16 with 828 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:53 - Mar 16 by WeWereZombies

What you misunderstand is that I am not looking for a stick to beat Israel with, I am merely pointing out that Israel as a democracy is not completely functional and we should therefore not expect good practice from that state, i.e. for relations between Israel and Palestine (an authoritarian state according to The Economist index) to normalise we need a strong external force.

By that I obviously mean the United Nations. And the recognition of Palestine as a state by all major players. And the establishment of a two state solution. And that will undoubtedly need fairly extreme military force, which will involve the loss of life of soldiers from other nations who originally have no issue with the protagonists but nevertheless get shot by both sides.

However, this is probably the only way for Israel to survive in the long term. When a self-declared advocate of non-violent resistance like Mustafa Barghouti is only interested in a single state (BBC HARDtalk last year) but at the same time looks to a homeland for six and a half million Palestinians overseas to return to then it is a matter of simple arithmetic to see the Jewish population overrun and suffering the kind of depredations that Palestinians have had to suffer over the last seventy six years making all international post World War Two efforts to provide a sanctuary wasted. There need to be two homelands but it is going to be one heck of a job establishing the area of each and then policing the border between the two. And avoiding the process descending into yet another proxy war between superpowers.

I think we should expect good practice from Israel as a democracy, in the same way we would Italy or Portugal. The difference of course is obviously they are surrounded largely by authoritarian countries and aren’t held to the same standards by the West in the name of geopolitics. History has shown the UN isn’t a strong external force, and one which has been repeatedly ignored not only by Russia and Israel, but the West too. The only way this gets resolved long term is by a serious effort from the US. And a peacekeeping force outside of the UN (who were feeble in their efforts to disarm and contain Hezbollah after the war in Lebanon).

I doubt there is any settlement which would appease Iran’s hardline regime (assume that was your reference albeit they are certainly not a superpower). There has to be talks on the wider region as well - there are 13m on the verge of famine in Yemen, as a result of the ongoing proxy war between Iran and Saudi, and the Houthi,’s blocking relief workers and aid.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:15 - Mar 16 with 824 viewsWeWereZombies

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:09 - Mar 16 by SuperKieranMcKenna

I think we should expect good practice from Israel as a democracy, in the same way we would Italy or Portugal. The difference of course is obviously they are surrounded largely by authoritarian countries and aren’t held to the same standards by the West in the name of geopolitics. History has shown the UN isn’t a strong external force, and one which has been repeatedly ignored not only by Russia and Israel, but the West too. The only way this gets resolved long term is by a serious effort from the US. And a peacekeeping force outside of the UN (who were feeble in their efforts to disarm and contain Hezbollah after the war in Lebanon).

I doubt there is any settlement which would appease Iran’s hardline regime (assume that was your reference albeit they are certainly not a superpower). There has to be talks on the wider region as well - there are 13m on the verge of famine in Yemen, as a result of the ongoing proxy war between Iran and Saudi, and the Houthi,’s blocking relief workers and aid.

No, my reference to superpowers was a reference to Russia and the United States, with perhaps the European Union and China as concerned trading blocs.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024