Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? 19:54 - Nov 2 with 309791 viewsnoggin

Yeah but Owen Jones...
[Post edited 3 Nov 2023 9:05]

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:39 - May 14 with 2073 viewsfooters

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:21 - May 14 by StokieBlue

What is really shameful here is your attack on other posters before you've done your research. It's a horrible post and putting a caveat at the end doesn't change that. You really need to reflect on your posting on this subject because you've now posted a number of things which have been incorrect whilst accusing others of doing so.

So what has happened here is that the health ministry has changed how they record figures so that only identified bodies are included in the figures. The 10,000+ maimed and unidentified corpses left in the wake of the disproportionate IDF response haven't yet been identified and thus were removed and will be added back in as they are.

You can see the methodology change here:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/13/gaza-ministry-revises-figu

“The ministry of health says that the documentation process of fully identifying details of the casualties is ongoing,” he added. Meanwhile … there’s about another 10,000-plus bodies who still have to be fully identified.”

SB
[Post edited 14 May 10:26]

He'll be very busy today now instead of retracting another lie and apologising for it.

Arf!

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:53 - May 14 with 1988 viewsnoggin

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:39 - May 14 by footers

He'll be very busy today now instead of retracting another lie and apologising for it.

Arf!

Imagine trying to smear other posters over such a tragedy.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:04 - May 14 with 1886 viewsGlasgowBlue

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:53 - May 14 by noggin

Imagine trying to smear other posters over such a tragedy.

I thought you had me on ignore noggers. But coming from somebody who once tried to smear rape victims and victims of serious equal assault as being part of a right wing conspiracy, you’ll forgive me if I don’t take your critique of my posts with any seriousness.
[Post edited 14 May 11:08]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:06 - May 14 with 1917 viewsleitrimblue

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:04 - May 14 by GlasgowBlue

I thought you had me on ignore noggers. But coming from somebody who once tried to smear rape victims and victims of serious equal assault as being part of a right wing conspiracy, you’ll forgive me if I don’t take your critique of my posts with any seriousness.
[Post edited 14 May 11:08]

Argggghhhh, wheres this weird voice coming from?
Best not to interact in my opinion on 11:31 - May 14 with 1839 viewsWeWereZombies

(No subject) (n/t) on 11:06 - May 14 by leitrimblue

Argggghhhh, wheres this weird voice coming from?

There are other voices in other rooms.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:33 - May 14 with 1823 viewspointofblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:26 - May 14 by WeWereZombies

Not been fact checked or commented on by the BBC yet so forgive my scepticism (both on the numbers and on how many of the dead are HAMAS, sympathisers or enablers or forced into coercion) and anyway 'yes, yes, seventeen thousand makes for an acceptable level of collateral death rather than thirty four thousand, doesn't it' - good grief, some posters on here really do have a morality bypass...in my opinion. I would find any suggestion that only five hundred died in the HAMAS attack on 7th October rather than a thousand making the outrage any more acceptable as unacceptable.

And talking of unacceptable behaviour:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cg300jek94zo

'Unverified footage shared on social media showed protesters toppling boxes from lorries onto the ground, and stomping on them once they had fallen.

Some videos appeared to show vehicles being set on fire later in the evening. The BBC has not been able to independently verify these.

According to reports in Israeli media, the Tzav 9 activist group were responsible for organising the protest.

Israeli media reports describe it as a right-wing group which is seeking to halt humanitarian aid transfers into Gaza while Israeli hostages are held there.'

Sickening. I can understand why the Israeli people feel the hostages are being forgotten about by both their own government and the international community but that's hardly the fault of the civilians of Gaza, who are victims of collective punishment.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Best not to interact in my opinion on 11:37 - May 14 with 1803 viewsleitrimblue

Best not to interact in my opinion on 11:31 - May 14 by WeWereZombies

There are other voices in other rooms.

Thank feck for that. Thought for a second was coming back up on a double dipped purple ohm from the mid 90,s 🤔
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:37 - May 14 with 1802 viewsfooters

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:33 - May 14 by pointofblue

Sickening. I can understand why the Israeli people feel the hostages are being forgotten about by both their own government and the international community but that's hardly the fault of the civilians of Gaza, who are victims of collective punishment.

Collective punishment? Surely not? I thought those civilians were collateral damage and it's all part and parcel of any war.

Login to get fewer ads

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 08:31 - May 16 with 1526 viewsDJR

Gaza has dropped off the main headlines despite the following, although this clearly suits Western leaders.

According to the UN, at least 600,000 Palestinians have fled the Rafah district since the start of the Israeli military incursion.

The Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect (GCR2P) has warned that Israel’s evacuation orders for the people of Gaza may amount to war crimes and crimes against humanity for the forcible transfer of a population.
The Geneva-based group noted that under international law, people must have adequate time to prepare for an evacuation, as well as a safe route to an area of safety with access to aid, which are “absent from Israel’s successive evacuation orders”.
Humanitarian agencies have warned that Israeli-designated safe zones in Gaza are unable to manage an influx of displaced persons and lack basic services, including food, water, medicine, electricity and sufficient shelter, the group said.
“The scale and intensity of mass atrocity crimes in Gaza continues to surpass our worst nightmares,” said Savita Pawnday, executive director of the GCR2P.
“So-called evacuation orders that forcibly displace suffering people again and again, the closure of crossings that deny aid to families and children facing famine, relentless bombardments and mass graves that reveal evidence of torture, all demonstrate a certain contempt for international law and the protections it extends to vulnerable populations.”

Amnesty, Oxfam, ActionAid and others decry world’s failure to stop Israeli invasion of Rafah
A group of 20 prominent human rights organisations has issued a statement denouncing the failure of world leaders to act even as Israel’s invasion of Rafah “worsens the humanitarian catastrophe” in Gaza.
The statement said third countries “have the responsibility to urgently act in bringing to an end, and pursue accountability for the grave breaches of international humanitarian law” taking place in Gaza.
These breaches include the Israeli military’s evacuation orders as well as its disruption of humanitarian aid efforts in Gaza. The latter violates multiple UN Security Council resolutions as well as the International Court of Justice’s orders, the rights groups said.
[Post edited 16 May 8:35]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:27 - May 16 with 1478 viewsDJR

I think this is a very good and rather poignant article.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/13/palestine-protest-
[Post edited 16 May 15:53]
An update on the death toll on 23:41 - May 16 with 1397 viewsWeWereZombies

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:33 - May 14 by pointofblue

Verified report from the BBC this evening:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-69014893

'The United Nations has revised down the figure it publishes for the proportion of women and children killed in Gaza, leading to claims fewer Palestinians have been killed since Israel launched its offensive following the Hamas attack of 7 October.

On 6 May, the UN said that 69% of reported fatalities were women and children. Two days later, it said this figure was 52%.

The overall number of reported deaths in Gaza - which currently stands at more than 35,000 - has not changed, but the UN now says incomplete information has led to the revision.

The UN says it is now relying on figures from the Hamas-run health ministry in Gaza, rather than from the Hamas-run Government Media Office (GMO).'

I think this underlines how important it is for the matter to be dealt with soberly and how inappropriate any form of 'point scoring' is, even on this relatively low traffic forum.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:48 - May 17 with 1322 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-69020237

'Despite the BBC's previous reporting on Israeli soldiers' social media misconduct, and the military's subsequent promise to act on our findings, a former Israeli soldier, Ori Givati, says he is far from shocked to hear that this activity is continuing.

A spokesperson for Breaking The Silence - an organisation for former and serving Israeli soldiers which works to expose alleged wrongdoing in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) - Mr Givati added that in fact he believed current far-right political rhetoric in the country is encouraging it further.'

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:58 - May 17 with 1312 viewsfooters

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:48 - May 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

'Despite the BBC's previous reporting on Israeli soldiers' social media misconduct, and the military's subsequent promise to act on our findings, a former Israeli soldier, Ori Givati, says he is far from shocked to hear that this activity is continuing.

A spokesperson for Breaking The Silence - an organisation for former and serving Israeli soldiers which works to expose alleged wrongdoing in the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) - Mr Givati added that in fact he believed current far-right political rhetoric in the country is encouraging it further.'

Ah, well I'm sure there's a very good explanation for it, and if you look at what the IDF are doing overall, then it's not such a big deal. Or something.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 09:21 - May 17 with 1249 viewspointofblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 07:48 - May 17 by BanksterDebtSlave

Extremists on both sides don't see the other as human. And unfortunately they're the one's holding power at the moment.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 10:33 - May 17 with 1192 viewsChorleyBoy

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:37 - May 14 by footers

Collective punishment? Surely not? I thought those civilians were collateral damage and it's all part and parcel of any war.

There's no collateral damage with Israel. The most moral army in the world use precision weapons taking out their intended targets only. No innocents have been killed. All males over 17 are Hamas members and everyone else is a human shield - and probably voluntary ones at that.
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 14:17 - May 20 with 1000 viewsDJR

Interesting development which has been presaged.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/article/2024/may/20/icc-prosecutor-seeks-arrest-

As it is, Israel and the US don't recognise the ICC (as doesn't Russia), so if an arrest warrant is issued for Netanyahu, he would be safe going there, but (just like Putin) it might affect his travels elsewhere.
[Post edited 20 May 14:22]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:01 - May 21 with 875 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 18:03 - May 21 with 861 viewsDJR

DUBAI (Reuters) - The U.N. agency for Palestinian refugees (UNRWA) said on Tuesday that food distribution in Gaza's southern city of Rafah were currently suspended due to lack of supplies and insecurity.

UNRWA said in a statement on X that only seven out of its 24 health centres were operational and that it had not received any medical supplies in the past 10 days due to "closures/disruptions" at the Rafah and Kerem Shalom crossings into Gaza.
[Post edited 21 May 18:10]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:20 - May 24 with 730 viewsDJR

Gosh!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/24/icj-orders-israel-to-halt-
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:24 - May 24 with 720 viewsDJR

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:20 - May 24 by DJR

Gosh!

https://www.theguardian.com/world/article/2024/may/24/icj-orders-israel-to-halt-

But ....

Minutes after the decision of the International Court of Justice, warplanes launched a series of air strikes on the Shaboura camp in the centre of the city of Rafah.

A local activist at nearby Kuwait Hospital told the BBC that the sounds of bombing were terrifying and clouds of black smoke hung over buildings in the Shaboura camp.

They said the rescue teams in the hospital were unable to reach the site of the raids due to the intensity of the strikes.
[Post edited 24 May 15:25]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 16:16 - May 24 with 671 viewsleitrimblue

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 15:24 - May 24 by DJR

But ....

Minutes after the decision of the International Court of Justice, warplanes launched a series of air strikes on the Shaboura camp in the centre of the city of Rafah.

A local activist at nearby Kuwait Hospital told the BBC that the sounds of bombing were terrifying and clouds of black smoke hung over buildings in the Shaboura camp.

They said the rescue teams in the hospital were unable to reach the site of the raids due to the intensity of the strikes.
[Post edited 24 May 15:25]

Absolute scumbags.
At this point its little more then a hard right failing state
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:08 - May 27 with 540 viewsDJR

Equally as bad as the Russian attack on a superstore in Ukraine, but I can't see the main parties rushing to condemn it.

On the position of the US, UK and other Western countries more generally, this is a good article.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/27/icc-israel-benjami

"In this new context, enforcement becomes crucial, but may be impossible. After their dismissal of the ICC and ICJ calls on Israel to comply with international law, how can the US and its partners make a convincing case again that their rules are fair and universal, and so must be followed by all? It is brazenly clear that the rules-based order is not about democratic values, the rule of law and the sanctity of human lives, but the observance of a global hierarchy in which some lives are sacred and others are not.

One day, the Gaza war will be over. And what will confront Israel’s allies is a world in which that logic, now plainly stated, is rejected once and for all. The stakes are higher than they realise. They will reap not only moral disgrace, but the crumbling of their entire postwar world order."
[Post edited 27 May 11:14]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:14 - May 27 with 511 viewsredrickstuhaart

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:08 - May 27 by DJR

Equally as bad as the Russian attack on a superstore in Ukraine, but I can't see the main parties rushing to condemn it.

On the position of the US, UK and other Western countries more generally, this is a good article.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/article/2024/may/27/icc-israel-benjami

"In this new context, enforcement becomes crucial, but may be impossible. After their dismissal of the ICC and ICJ calls on Israel to comply with international law, how can the US and its partners make a convincing case again that their rules are fair and universal, and so must be followed by all? It is brazenly clear that the rules-based order is not about democratic values, the rule of law and the sanctity of human lives, but the observance of a global hierarchy in which some lives are sacred and others are not.

One day, the Gaza war will be over. And what will confront Israel’s allies is a world in which that logic, now plainly stated, is rejected once and for all. The stakes are higher than they realise. They will reap not only moral disgrace, but the crumbling of their entire postwar world order."

Meanwhile, in a place without hostages or major Hamas presence, it continues.

Where the Israeli Government leads, the people follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-69052857

Absolutely despicable. The de-humanising, characterising others as inhuman etc etc. The obvious echoes seem irrelevant to the people doing this stuff.
[Post edited 27 May 11:15]
How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 11:17 - May 27 with 499 viewspointofblue

The IDF claims they made targeted attacks against Hamas though are investigating whether one of the bombs inadvertently started a fire which spread to the encampment. Because, of course, bombs starting a fire is a rarity.

Sadly, I also imagine this is exactly what Hamas wanted.

How many Palestinian lives is sufficient? on 12:04 - May 27 with 439 viewsDJR

I was right about there being no UK condemnation, as this is the statement the FCDO has issued.

"The UK is clear that we do not support a major military operation in Rafah without a plan to protect the hundreds of thousands of civilians who remain there.

The fastest way to end the conflict is to secure a deal which gets the hostages out and allows for a pause in the fighting in Gaza. We must then work with our international partners to turn that pause into a long term sustainable ceasefire."
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024