Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan signings 18:37 - Nov 5 with 2176 viewsITFCMonk

How realistic / effective do we think it will be if we can make our loan players permanent in January as our only main transfer business?
Loan signings on 18:40 - Nov 5 with 2142 viewsFrimleyBlue

Difficult one. We've seen how long it takes players to get used to our style.
So who ever we do sign it will be for March onwards.

So maybe 2/3 players with an early view on prem if come Jan 1st we are still in top 2

I don't thick we could get hutch. But williams maybe.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Loan signings on 19:08 - Nov 5 with 2036 viewstractordownsouth

Can't see any of them joining permanently in Jan. Chelsea paid £5m for Hutchinson last year and Williams is on 50k a week with Man Utd. Scarlett possibly but don't think we've seen enough yet and not sure how much Spurs would want in any case.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Loan signings on 19:12 - Nov 5 with 1985 viewsLankHenners

Loan signings on 19:08 - Nov 5 by tractordownsouth

Can't see any of them joining permanently in Jan. Chelsea paid £5m for Hutchinson last year and Williams is on 50k a week with Man Utd. Scarlett possibly but don't think we've seen enough yet and not sure how much Spurs would want in any case.

Scarlett signed a new contract before he came here and in any case Spurs wouldn't entertain selling him.

Don't think it's remotely realistic that we can make anyone permanent in January.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Loan signings on 19:24 - Nov 5 with 1908 viewsHerbivore

Think it's close to zero chance any of them sign permanently in January. If we go up I'd say Williams is a possibility but Hutchinson and Scarlett likely out of our league.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Loan signings on 22:23 - Nov 5 with 1636 viewsjayessess

Loan signings on 19:08 - Nov 5 by tractordownsouth

I think with Williams' contract situation it's very possible we make that one permanent in January.

Williams is only owed another 6 months at his current wage. After that Man U have an option to extend for a year, which puts them on the hook for another 12 months of wages, which they'd presumably like to avoid.

Man U's options are (a) sell in January and subsidise 6 months worth of the difference between what they pay him and what a buying club would pay him out of the transfer fee or (b) extend his contract and subsidise 12 months of the same.

Only reason you pick (b) is because you think he'll have richer suitors at the end of the season.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Loan signings on 22:46 - Nov 5 with 1581 viewstractorboy1978

Loan signings on 22:23 - Nov 5 by jayessess

I think with Williams' contract situation it's very possible we make that one permanent in January.

Williams is only owed another 6 months at his current wage. After that Man U have an option to extend for a year, which puts them on the hook for another 12 months of wages, which they'd presumably like to avoid.

Man U's options are (a) sell in January and subsidise 6 months worth of the difference between what they pay him and what a buying club would pay him out of the transfer fee or (b) extend his contract and subsidise 12 months of the same.

Only reason you pick (b) is because you think he'll have richer suitors at the end of the season.

I think it'll be a difficult deal to do in January. Didn't we want a permanent in the summer but ended up as a loan?

If we go up, we will be a richer suitor in the summer ourselves. He's just turned 23 and he looks every inch a Premier League full back in my opinion. Putting aside him only having 12 months on his deal, I'm not sure you'd think it unreasonable if we paid £10m for him if we got promoted. I think most of us on here think Davis is worth more than that and he hasn't played 50 odd games in the Premier League.

Also, is £50k a week a lot of money? It is to us now, but I think that's pretty standard fare for a Premier League player nowadays. Maybe he wouldn't get that elsewhere but I don't think it'd be far off or need much subsidising by United.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 11:45]
Loan signings on 00:57 - Nov 6 with 1443 viewsBigCommon

Not sure why we wouldn't wait until the Summer.
If we've got "X" amount to spend in January, hypothetically speaking. Why spend it on players that are already here?.. Surely we'd look to add a couple, and strengthen the existing squad?
If it goes well and we get promoted, we'd be in a far better position to negotiate something for the likes of Williams. I mean, unless we can get the deal of the century in January. It makes no sense to me. Blowing what's left of a budget, on a player who's here for the season. When there are clearly other positions that need addressing first, in order to push us over the line......CF??
Loan signings on 07:29 - Nov 6 with 1294 viewswkj

Loan signings on 00:57 - Nov 6 by BigCommon

Not sure why we wouldn't wait until the Summer.
If we've got "X" amount to spend in January, hypothetically speaking. Why spend it on players that are already here?.. Surely we'd look to add a couple, and strengthen the existing squad?
If it goes well and we get promoted, we'd be in a far better position to negotiate something for the likes of Williams. I mean, unless we can get the deal of the century in January. It makes no sense to me. Blowing what's left of a budget, on a player who's here for the season. When there are clearly other positions that need addressing first, in order to push us over the line......CF??

If we go up there is every chance we would be able to loan them again for a season. I'm sure the parent clubs would like them to have premier league experience too

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Login to get fewer ads

Loan signings on 11:35 - Nov 6 with 1066 viewsjayessess

Loan signings on 22:46 - Nov 5 by tractorboy1978

I think it'll be a difficult deal to do in January. Didn't we want a permanent in the summer but ended up as a loan?

If we go up, we will be a richer suitor in the summer ourselves. He's just turned 23 and he looks every inch a Premier League full back in my opinion. Putting aside him only having 12 months on his deal, I'm not sure you'd think it unreasonable if we paid £10m for him if we got promoted. I think most of us on here think Davis is worth more than that and he hasn't played 50 odd games in the Premier League.

Also, is £50k a week a lot of money? It is to us now, but I think that's pretty standard fare for a Premier League player nowadays. Maybe he wouldn't get that elsewhere but I don't think it'd be far off or need much subsidising by United.
[Post edited 6 Nov 2023 11:45]

Think both sides had a go at negotiating a clause in the loan contract for a permanent deal, but couldn't quite arrive at the right deal.

I take the point about the 50-odd games in the PL, but Williams already had that experience in the Summer and Man U couldn't find a buyer other than us on loan. I don't think 12 good games in the Championship will have massively moved the dial there.

£50k is prohibitive to any club in the Championship, which is still the most likely next destination for Williams.

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Loan signings on 12:06 - Nov 6 with 973 viewsDarkBrandon

Loan signings on 18:40 - Nov 5 by FrimleyBlue

Difficult one. We've seen how long it takes players to get used to our style.
So who ever we do sign it will be for March onwards.

So maybe 2/3 players with an early view on prem if come Jan 1st we are still in top 2

I don't thick we could get hutch. But williams maybe.

Some players take a while to contribute, but from what I recall Broadhead and Clarke pretty much hit the ground running. Luongo too, but he’d been training with us for a while.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024