Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disappointing result 21:58 - Nov 7 with 3720 viewsGlasgowBlue

But far from a disappointing performance.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 2195 viewsTractorWood

Thought we were pretty drab compared to the high standard we've set this season.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 2177 viewsbelgablue

Tonight was a reminder of how awful league one was.

Poll: Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer?

Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 2139 viewsKievthegreat

Not enough threat in the final third. Although with 3 penalties it shouldn't have mattered.
Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 with 2137 viewspointofblue

Really? Thought it was a very poor performance. Lot of tapping around, no end product.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Disappointing result on 22:00 - Nov 7 with 2091 viewsHerbivore

Thought they were terrible and we were bang average. We weren't bad but too many weren't quite at it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Disappointing result on 22:00 - Nov 7 with 2064 viewsNutkins_Return

Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 by TractorWood

Thought we were pretty drab compared to the high standard we've set this season.

Rotherham had a big say in that. Men behind the ball. Make it as turgid as possible. So hard to play a game of football against that. Ref didn't help at all. They wasted so much time. Amazed only 6 minutes added.
Disappointing result on 22:00 - Nov 7 with 2033 viewsSwansea_Blue

Poor for me. Slow and lacking creativity/quality. Bullied off the ball a lot too.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Disappointing result on 22:00 - Nov 7 with 2015 viewsOsmansCleanSheet

Really? Lots of possession but not enough in the right areas. Quality in the final third was poor.
Login to get fewer ads

Disappointing result on 22:01 - Nov 7 with 1993 viewsbadadski

Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 by pointofblue

Really? Thought it was a very poor performance. Lot of tapping around, no end product.

Missed the pace and guile of broadhead and either burns or Hutchinson - without then three we are one dimensional - chappers on another day would have had 6 goals. Typical Rotherham goal from a long throw - pretty typical
Disappointing result on 22:01 - Nov 7 with 1983 viewsLankHenners

Dunno about that really. Reminded me of some of the League 1 matches against bog standard but organised opposition where we huffed and puffed but didn't really do enough to win the game.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Disappointing result on 22:01 - Nov 7 with 1932 viewsIPSWICHINIO

I thought it was another poor performance against a woeful side. Hopefully get 3 points (and a good performance) vs Swansea and this point will then look a lot better.
Disappointing result on 22:02 - Nov 7 with 1880 viewsSarge

Really? We dominated the ball against easily one of the worst teams I’ve ever seen but what did we do with it? Started pushing towards the end but a huge lack of quality when I mattered I thought. Hutchinson and Morsy good, the rest not so much.

Birmingham was the only game I’ve not seen this season so assume that was worse but for me that’s up there with Huddersfield as the worst game I’ve seen this season.
Disappointing result on 22:02 - Nov 7 with 1808 viewsBlueToad

Absolutely no.

We were poor tonight and paid for it.

Poll: Where are we now with Lambert In vs. Out ?

Disappointing result on 22:03 - Nov 7 with 1800 viewspointofblue

Disappointing result on 22:01 - Nov 7 by badadski

Missed the pace and guile of broadhead and either burns or Hutchinson - without then three we are one dimensional - chappers on another day would have had 6 goals. Typical Rotherham goal from a long throw - pretty typical

Our goals were a great strike from a free kick out wide and a lucky scramble.

EDIT: Bounce more than scramble.
[Post edited 7 Nov 2023 22:05]

Disappointing result on 22:03 - Nov 7 with 1751 viewsDavoIPB

Performance was awful. We had about three shots on goal and didn't really create any clear cut chances against the worst defence in the league. Hirst and Chaplin did nothing. Ladapo way off pace. Harness lacked quality and lluongo poor.

Should have won that by at least three.
Disappointing result on 22:04 - Nov 7 with 1721 viewsSarge

Disappointing result on 22:01 - Nov 7 by badadski

There was nothing typical about either Rotherham goal. They were both good quality which is most unlike them.
Disappointing result on 22:04 - Nov 7 with 1701 viewsBseaBlue

Disappointing result on 22:00 - Nov 7 by Herbivore

Thought they were terrible and we were bang average. We weren't bad but too many weren't quite at it.

Agreed. Jackson, Hirst and Chaplin not at the races tonight.
Disappointing result on 22:04 - Nov 7 with 1668 viewsLetchworth_Blue

Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 by belgablue

Tonight was a reminder of how awful league one was.

Reminder that we need to be "on it" every single game. Thought we were pretty ordinary to be fair. Chappers missing again like on Saturday and Clarke and Davis lots of mistakes. Plenty to put right before Swansea.
Disappointing result on 22:05 - Nov 7 with 1617 viewswkj

Very clear and obvious Broadhead shaped hole tonight. I feel a striker is needed. We controlled the game but just seemed to lack that conviction in the final third. Rotherham were there for the taking tonight too.

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Disappointing result on 22:05 - Nov 7 with 1588 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Disappointing result on 21:59 - Nov 7 by Kievthegreat

Not enough threat in the final third. Although with 3 penalties it shouldn't have mattered.

Certainly should have had two.

Missed Burns and Broadhead. Will be good to have them both back soon.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Disappointing result on 22:06 - Nov 7 with 1576 viewsFrimleyBlue

Wasn't great. Was a typical town v rotherham game. They sit deep. We struggled to hurt them.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Disappointing result on 22:06 - Nov 7 with 1560 viewsNthQldITFC

Missed Broadhead's guile around the box tonight and with Chappers off form and Harness too we didn't have a real cutting edge. Build up and control of the game was pretty decent though, and generally very solid at the back.

No worries.

Very pleased with Tuanzebe's performance, but Woolfy still the man.

Not sure how many pens we should have had, but at least two.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Disappointing result on 22:06 - Nov 7 with 1555 viewsNutkins_Return

Disappointing result on 22:03 - Nov 7 by DavoIPB

Performance was awful. We had about three shots on goal and didn't really create any clear cut chances against the worst defence in the league. Hirst and Chaplin did nothing. Ladapo way off pace. Harness lacked quality and lluongo poor.

Should have won that by at least three.

Guys put in an absolute shift. Things didn't come off tonight and Rotherham made it incredibly difficult. They are very well organized, no they are limited technically but they make it extremely hard. But for an outstanding strike at the end having limited them to next to nothing we win the match.

We lacked a bit of quality in the final third tonight but it was a difficult night. Rotherham have only lost 2 at home at played good teams. This is what they do.

Gutted we didn't take 3 but it wasn't and awful performance. that just entitled and ridiculous.
Disappointing result on 22:06 - Nov 7 with 1551 viewspointofblue

Disappointing result on 22:04 - Nov 7 by Letchworth_Blue

Reminder that we need to be "on it" every single game. Thought we were pretty ordinary to be fair. Chappers missing again like on Saturday and Clarke and Davis lots of mistakes. Plenty to put right before Swansea.

My bigger concern is we haven't been "on it" since the first half at Bristol City.

Disappointing result on 22:06 - Nov 7 with 1536 viewsDarkHorse

Good in patches but not at our best. Still, should/would have won if we'd been given at least one of the three penalties we should have had.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024