Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Win , lose or draw today... 08:21 - Nov 11 with 843 viewsmuccletonjoe

We are in dreamland , we really are.
Yes , I can understand supporters getting caught up in the possibility of automatic promotion.
But rewind to the start of the season and many of us would have been happy to stay in this league and build from there. So to be where we are now is way beyond most people's expectations.
Having said all that , it would , of course now be very nice to stay in contention and go up at the first attempt, with the provision that this season is already a successful one no matter what happens over the Christmas fixture list.
In my opinion, our league position will be dependent upon getting our defending balance right and finding the best combination to achieve that.
At the moment we concede too many goals to sustain a challenge, but I do believe we can correct this , maybe not entirely from our current squad , but I'm sure a couple of extra additions in January can tilt things in our direction .
I am sure our owners will be willing to take a sizable punt if we remain in our current position.
Win , lose or draw today... on 08:28 - Nov 11 with 793 viewsMK1

I've been saying this for weeks now. No matter where we end up this season, it has been beyond anybody's expectations. For me, even if we finish 10th, I will consider this season a massive success. We have proved that we are good enough for this level and not just be also rans, but serious contenders whether that happens this season or next. Leicester win the league, Ipswich, Leeds or Southampton go up with them. No reason why we can't, but am over the moon with the direction this club of ours is going.
Win , lose or draw today... on 08:33 - Nov 11 with 773 viewsHerbivore

Expectations were always rightly higher than just survival, but agree that even the most optimistic fan wouldn't have had us 8 points clear of third after a third of the season. It's been an incredible start. Staying there will be a challenge but we've shown under McKenna that we are up for challenges and usually end up overcoming them, so we should feel cautiously optimistic for the rest of the season.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Win , lose or draw today... on 09:22 - Nov 11 with 707 viewsFtnfwest

Just enjoying the ride tbh and taking each game as it comes rather than worrying about ‘how many points from the next 4 games?’ Etc. I’d have taken top half and beating Nodge twice at the start of the season and of course would be a bit disappointed if we now don’t make play offs but maintaining the run we’ve been on will be nigh on impossible really.
Win , lose or draw today... on 11:00 - Nov 11 with 583 viewsFrimleyBlue

Win , lose or draw today... on 08:28 - Nov 11 by MK1

I've been saying this for weeks now. No matter where we end up this season, it has been beyond anybody's expectations. For me, even if we finish 10th, I will consider this season a massive success. We have proved that we are good enough for this level and not just be also rans, but serious contenders whether that happens this season or next. Leicester win the league, Ipswich, Leeds or Southampton go up with them. No reason why we can't, but am over the moon with the direction this club of ours is going.

Absolutely top 10 would be a success if we go back to pre season

But the goalposts have changed and KM would absolutely think similar.

We are 12 points clear of 7th.

We shouldn't be thinking anything other than a top 6 finish now.

That's not entitlement. Etc etc. It's just the performance of the side imo has changed the target.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Win , lose or draw today... on 11:23 - Nov 11 with 533 viewsSwansea_Blue

We’ve had to work so hard to get anything out of games that I’m not too keen about bumping up expectation levels too much. A couple of injuries or a slightly switching off is the difference between sustaining things or dropping off. One game at a time and all that. And I’m still slightly worried what’ll happen if we lose Sam/Luongo for a month in the new year.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Win , lose or draw today... on 13:29 - Nov 11 with 438 viewspointofblue

Win , lose or draw today... on 11:00 - Nov 11 by FrimleyBlue

Absolutely top 10 would be a success if we go back to pre season

But the goalposts have changed and KM would absolutely think similar.

We are 12 points clear of 7th.

We shouldn't be thinking anything other than a top 6 finish now.

That's not entitlement. Etc etc. It's just the performance of the side imo has changed the target.

My concern is the psychological impact heading into the summer if we do finish outside of the play offs. We're currently eight clear of third, twelve clear of seventh and fifteen ahead of 12th. A mid table finish means we'll have to lose five whilst Middlesbrough win five, which would feel like a mini-collapse.

On the flip side, I have full confidence that McKenna would see us through it - as long as he isn't poached by another club!

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Win , lose or draw today... on 13:39 - Nov 11 with 424 viewsWestSussexBlue

That’s a very balanced and realistic opinion, as you say, it’s important to remember our aspirations at the start of the season. If come May we finish 7th it would remain a fantastic season and we’ve then a seasons experience to build on. That said, I’m very confident Gamechanger would back Ashton and KMc with funds to really have a go at finishing the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024