Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remembrance 12:47 - Nov 11 with 737 viewshoppy

I’m missing the game today, as had to take my son for a big scale model exhibition at Telford International Centre, as he’s a massive enthusiast. He’s meeting a mate there, so I would’ve just been a spare part… so opted not to get a ticket! So, I’m parked up in a Wetherspoons in Telford for the day connected to their WiFi… and may get a convenient flight somewhere this afternoon to watch the game…

Anyway… the whole place fell absolutely silent and could’ve heard a pin drop when it hit 11 o’clock for Remembrance! It’s packed as well! Even the blokes on the fruit machines stopped, people stopped eating, so there wasn’t even the clink of cutlery on plates! I was amazed this happened in Wetherspoons! Very respectful!
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 12:51]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Remembrance on 12:53 - Nov 11 with 678 viewsSwansea_Blue

‘Spoons obviously have very discerning clientele.

I’m missing it too and on a coach to Plymouth for a swimming competition. We’re starting at 3 and finishing at about 6.30, so I’ll miss the whole lot and immediate post match celebration/melt down. A bit of a sod, as I was looking forward to this one and originally had hoped to take the clan over to FPR. Life had other plans again.

Not much to report on Remembrance. We went past the war memorial in Swansea on the way out. Looked like a decent gathering of maybe a couple of hindered, plus 2 bored looking coppers.

Ps- enjoy the game everyone, wherever or however you get to see/listen to it.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2023 12:54]

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Remembrance on 12:55 - Nov 11 with 655 viewshoppy

Remembrance on 12:53 - Nov 11 by Swansea_Blue

I’m missing it too and on a coach to Plymouth for a swimming competition. We’re starting at 3 and finishing at about 6.30, so I’ll miss the whole lot and immediate post match celebration/melt down. A bit of a sod, as I was looking forward to this one and originally had hoped to take the clan over to FPR. Life had other plans again.

Not much to report on Remembrance. We went past the war memorial in Swansea on the way out. Looked like a decent gathering of maybe a couple of hindered, plus 2 bored looking coppers.

What was causing the couple a hindrance?

Remembrance on 12:58 - Nov 11 with 630 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remembrance on 12:55 - Nov 11 by hoppy

What was causing the couple a hindrance?

Must have been the sight of me grinning at them as we went by

Remembrance on 13:01 - Nov 11 with 600 viewshoppy

Remembrance on 12:58 - Nov 11 by Swansea_Blue

Must have been the sight of me grinning at them as we went by

At least if you were grinning, that means you weren't sitting there licking the windows.

Remembrance on 13:15 - Nov 11 with 557 viewsSwansea_Blue

Remembrance on 13:01 - Nov 11 by hoppy

At least if you were grinning, that means you weren't sitting there licking the windows.

That’ll be on the way back.

I gave them my best smile as well, the miserable beggars

Remembrance on 17:32 - Nov 11 with 431 viewsfactual_blue

Remembrance on 12:53 - Nov 11 by Swansea_Blue

I was astonished to discover 'spoons now have hotels. So you can stay overnight before your 6.30 pint and full English.

What a time to be alive.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Remembrance on 17:45 - Nov 11 with 400 viewspimballwizard

Remembrance on 17:32 - Nov 11 by factual_blue

I was astonished to discover 'spoons now have hotels. So you can stay overnight before your 6.30 pint and full English.

What a time to be alive.

Facters. I think you should be aware that a 0630 pint IS a full English
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024