Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Improvement 13:01 - Nov 13 with 768 viewssjg

It is nice to be in this position rather than thinking how can things get any worse, but are there any improvements that you can see to the current side? It is something I think about a lot, and I have only come up with these:

The consistent soft early goals we have been conceding lately (and McKenna did raise it in Saturday's post match presser) are becoming frustrating, particularly at home because you give a team something to grab onto.

Subs - our substitutes have scored the most goals in the league, so obviously this isn't an area of genuine concern, but sometimes it feels like a game is crying out for some changes and we don't change anything until the 70th minute regardless. But again, obviously we get this right more often than not.

Rotation/team selection - it felt like we played a slightly weakened team against Rotherham - whether this is a result of rotation or team selection based on the opposition I don't know. But, McKenna said he had earmarked this as the game to introduce Tuanzebe into the side. Given the injuries to Burns and ongoing recovery from illness for Williams, was it possibly short sighted to play Axel there rather than Wolfie in his usual role? A right side of Clarke/Jackson already felt weaker (particularly with Omari on the bench) and, despite the game being an easier one on paper, we didn't manage to come away with 3 points. Must add that I was pleased with how Tuanzebe played, but do wonder if the result would have been different had we used Omari/Wolfie from the start.

But a great position to be in when I am wondering 'how can things get better' rather than the more familiar 'how much worse can it get!'.
Improvement on 13:07 - Nov 13 with 727 viewshomer_123

And here I was thinking this was a heavyweight post on UK politics....

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Improvement on 13:10 - Nov 13 with 710 viewssjg

Improvement on 13:07 - Nov 13 by homer_123

And here I was thinking this was a heavyweight post on UK politics....

Title wouldn't work
Improvement on 13:23 - Nov 13 with 663 viewsMK1

Imagine we will see in January where McKenna thinks our problems are. I imagine 2 or 3 arrive and the same going to make the room. KM and his staff will be all over it.
For me, I am just enjoying the ride. Amazing season regardless of the final outcome.
Improvement on 13:51 - Nov 13 with 609 viewsOldFart71

Improvement on 13:23 - Nov 13 by MK1

Imagine we will see in January where McKenna thinks our problems are. I imagine 2 or 3 arrive and the same going to make the room. KM and his staff will be all over it.
For me, I am just enjoying the ride. Amazing season regardless of the final outcome.

Yes your right. Moaners don't help. Basically we are so far having a superb season. My one fear is we go up before we are ready as the last thing I want is for Town to be another Norwich. Get promote, get demoted, get promoted, get demoted. Eventually as has happened with the Budgies it comes unstuck. Your best players go and your scratching around for replacements. Yes the parachute payments help, but if you are millions in debt and have players on huge contracts even with the parachute it becomes difficult. Would you for instance replace Davis, Chaplin, Broadhead easily with paying less for a replacement ? I don't think so. To keep in the fair play rules a coule maybe need shifting out. Don't see as that being great shakes really. The biggest problem is how much Town are prepared to spend. But that's all a bit up in the air until January when we know exactly where we are.
Improvement on 13:55 - Nov 13 with 591 viewsvilanovablue

Improvement on 13:51 - Nov 13 by OldFart71

Yes your right. Moaners don't help. Basically we are so far having a superb season. My one fear is we go up before we are ready as the last thing I want is for Town to be another Norwich. Get promote, get demoted, get promoted, get demoted. Eventually as has happened with the Budgies it comes unstuck. Your best players go and your scratching around for replacements. Yes the parachute payments help, but if you are millions in debt and have players on huge contracts even with the parachute it becomes difficult. Would you for instance replace Davis, Chaplin, Broadhead easily with paying less for a replacement ? I don't think so. To keep in the fair play rules a coule maybe need shifting out. Don't see as that being great shakes really. The biggest problem is how much Town are prepared to spend. But that's all a bit up in the air until January when we know exactly where we are.

I think it is possible to get promoted then relegated and still build. I think Norwich just went about it in completely the wrong way.
Improvement on 13:56 - Nov 13 with 584 viewssjg

Improvement on 13:55 - Nov 13 by vilanovablue

I think it is possible to get promoted then relegated and still build. I think Norwich just went about it in completely the wrong way.

Accidental downvote, sorry
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024