Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ross County fire Mackay 12:13 - Nov 15 with 2578 viewswkj

... New manager bounce incoming for the lot up North?

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:09 - Nov 15 with 2450 viewsgainsboroughblue

Always seemed destiny that Mackay would manage Norwich at some point. Much like us and Mowbray but that seems more and more unlikely now, for different reasons now than was before.

The stars could be aligning for him and Nodge. Pretty sure he turned them down before Lambert went there.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:16 - Nov 15 with 2390 viewsSlippinJimmyJuan

I wondered if they might make a move for Urs Fischer as he has left Union Berlin by mutual consent today. I remain hopeful of it being Steve Bruce though.

Poll: What is your milk of choice?

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:30 - Nov 15 with 2333 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:09 - Nov 15 by gainsboroughblue

Always seemed destiny that Mackay would manage Norwich at some point. Much like us and Mowbray but that seems more and more unlikely now, for different reasons now than was before.

The stars could be aligning for him and Nodge. Pretty sure he turned them down before Lambert went there.

Didn't he play for them whilst Lambert was there?

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Ross County fire Mackay on 14:14 - Nov 15 with 2228 viewsgainsboroughblue

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:30 - Nov 15 by BlueandTruesince82

Didn't he play for them whilst Lambert was there?

No. He'd been left for about 5 years by the time Lambert got there. Spent a few good years at Watford before slipping into the manager role.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Ross County fire Mackay on 14:18 - Nov 15 with 2212 viewsNthQldITFC

'MACKAY SACKED'

Can't find it anywhere, but Fletcher had a newspaper cutting up in his cell from when another manager called Mackay was sacked - must've been the seventies?

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Ross County fire Mackay on 01:40 - Nov 16 with 1907 viewsBlueBadger

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:09 - Nov 15 by gainsboroughblue

He's definitely on a Lambert Curve, career wise. Looked good at first but the longer he stays in the job, the more of a fraud he looks.

SO basically, as far as I'm concerned, he's ideal for the budgies. He'll do a terrible job whilst they won't sack him until they absolutely have to because he's a 'legend'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Ross County fire Mackay on 04:24 - Nov 16 with 1862 viewsWeWereZombies

Ross County fire Mackay on 14:18 - Nov 15 by NthQldITFC

'MACKAY SACKED'

Can't find it anywhere, but Fletcher had a newspaper cutting up in his cell from when another manager called Mackay was sacked - must've been the seventies?

Probably the formidable former Spurs sweeper Dave Mackay when he was manager at Derby but got the push after a poor start to the 1976-77 season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mackay

Anyway, the slightly sad (County don't often get four thousand crowds so are financially one of the poor relations of the Premiership, Mackay was always struggling to find decent players so I think he did as well as could be expected) departure of Malky will make it a little easier for me to prefer Ross County over Callie Thistle for local (i.e. less than a hundred and twenty miles away in these parts) games.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Ross County fire Mackay on 08:34 - Nov 16 with 1708 viewsSharkey

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:16 - Nov 15 by SlippinJimmyJuan

I wondered if they might make a move for Urs Fischer as he has left Union Berlin by mutual consent today. I remain hopeful of it being Steve Bruce though.

What a miserable season 1 Union are having! From 4th to rock bottom. I guess it shows how well Brighton are doing to maintain a decent standard while playing CL.
Login to get fewer ads

Ross County fire Mackay on 10:15 - Nov 16 with 1600 viewsCotty

Ross County fire Mackay on 13:16 - Nov 15 by SlippinJimmyJuan

Destroy and exit. MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY MONEY!
Ross County fire Mackay on 11:14 - Nov 16 with 1541 viewsfarkenhell

Ross County fire Mackay on 04:24 - Nov 16 by WeWereZombies

Probably the formidable former Spurs sweeper Dave Mackay when he was manager at Derby but got the push after a poor start to the 1976-77 season:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dave_Mackay

Anyway, the slightly sad (County don't often get four thousand crowds so are financially one of the poor relations of the Premiership, Mackay was always struggling to find decent players so I think he did as well as could be expected) departure of Malky will make it a little easier for me to prefer Ross County over Callie Thistle for local (i.e. less than a hundred and twenty miles away in these parts) games.

My summer holiday this year took me in and around Inverness and past Callie Thistle's ground a few times, which must be in one of the most picturesque settings in Britain.

A quick Google tells me that Ross County play in Dingwall. We must have passed fairly close by on the A9 to John O'Groats. I don't recall seeing any signs to the ground. The only other one I saw was (I presume) St Johnstone, when we drove through Perth.

Where are you located btw?
Ross County fire Mackay on 11:22 - Nov 16 with 1518 viewsWeWereZombies

Ross County fire Mackay on 11:14 - Nov 16 by farkenhell

My summer holiday this year took me in and around Inverness and past Callie Thistle's ground a few times, which must be in one of the most picturesque settings in Britain.

A quick Google tells me that Ross County play in Dingwall. We must have passed fairly close by on the A9 to John O'Groats. I don't recall seeing any signs to the ground. The only other one I saw was (I presume) St Johnstone, when we drove through Perth.

Where are you located btw?

Isle of Skye.

The Global Energy Stadium (aren't sponsored names grate) where County play is a short walk off the High Street in the wee town of Dingwall, you wouldn't see it unless you were going to a game or house hunting...or lost. But a Saturday afternoon game there is very pleasant, to be part of a crowd ambling along over the railway bridge past the station and not too rammed entrance into the ground (I haven't been when Rangers or Celtic visit yet.) Go for one of the side stands and you get an excellent view, can also see the hills in the distance over the stands. The burger portacabin does Bovril, proper football.

Ross County fire Mackay on 11:29 - Nov 16 with 1505 viewsfarkenhell

Ross County fire Mackay on 11:22 - Nov 16 by WeWereZombies

Isle of Skye.

The Global Energy Stadium (aren't sponsored names grate) where County play is a short walk off the High Street in the wee town of Dingwall, you wouldn't see it unless you were going to a game or house hunting...or lost. But a Saturday afternoon game there is very pleasant, to be part of a crowd ambling along over the railway bridge past the station and not too rammed entrance into the ground (I haven't been when Rangers or Celtic visit yet.) Go for one of the side stands and you get an excellent view, can also see the hills in the distance over the stands. The burger portacabin does Bovril, proper football.

Sounds idyllic, but a long way from the Isle of Skye. We stuck to the East coast, due to having two children who moaned incessantly about the mere thought of Scottish midges!
Ross County fire Mackay on 12:58 - Nov 22 with 1030 viewsWeWereZombies

I've been to Dingwall and I've been to Morecambe and I would prefer the former too:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67470726

And with a third spell in charge of Ross County I expect Derek Adams is just going to wait a couple of years before Malky Mackay asks him if it is his turn again yet...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024