Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Not looking good for Barnsley 14:22 - Nov 22 with 2114 viewsthatbdude

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/nov/22/barnsley-kicked-out-of-fa-cup-f

Not a good time to support a South Yorkshire club

Poll: Who going down?

Not looking good for Barnsley on 14:33 - Nov 22 with 2007 viewsDarkBrandon

I’m always surprised this doesn’t happen more often.

I’ve had a little visibility of how careful clubs have to be regarding players and registrations and it is really easy to make a simple mistake. You do this in the fa cup and you are out.
Not looking good for Barnsley on 14:38 - Nov 22 with 1956 viewsIllinoisblue

Their cup runneth over

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not looking good for Barnsley on 14:42 - Nov 22 with 1921 viewshoppy

Not replayed, like the Chesterfield v Stockport one was for the same infringement?

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Not looking good for Barnsley on 14:44 - Nov 22 with 1901 viewsChurchman

Shame they didn’t rename themselves West Ham. They’d have been given a bye to the next round and the opposition charged with wasting FA time and demoted a league.

On a serious note, the ITFC secretary talked about player registration on Town tv a while back and how careful they have to be. He said that on one occasion at another club when rearranging a fixture he’d got the date wrong and the club had to play two games in three days because of it. In other words, mistakes do happen and given the numbers of players, fixtures and rules you can see how. Not good though.
Not looking good for Barnsley on 14:50 - Nov 22 with 1858 viewsIllinoisblue

Not looking good for Barnsley on 14:33 - Nov 22 by DarkBrandon

I’m always surprised this doesn’t happen more often.

I’ve had a little visibility of how careful clubs have to be regarding players and registrations and it is really easy to make a simple mistake. You do this in the fa cup and you are out.

You can understand if happening with non league clubs who don’t have full time professional club secretaries to deal with all that admin. But what’s Barnsley’s excuse?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Not looking good for Barnsley on 15:18 - Nov 22 with 1698 viewsBseaBlue

Not looking good for Barnsley on 14:50 - Nov 22 by Illinoisblue

You can understand if happening with non league clubs who don’t have full time professional club secretaries to deal with all that admin. But what’s Barnsley’s excuse?

Quite right. In non-league, player movement is happening all the time. It isn't easy for secretaries to keep up with all the checks/regulations and baring in mind most of them are volunteers and have full time jobs as well, that does not make it any easier.

At a full time club however, this seems crazy! I know mistakes do happen and human error etc, but player eligibility outside of a transfer window to boot, seems like something which should not have happened.
Not looking good for Barnsley on 15:23 - Nov 22 with 1666 viewsNthQldITFC

Quite refreshing to see the mature and respectful responses of both clubs both in terms of the error and accepting the punishment. No running of t' court.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:13 - Nov 22 with 1395 viewsHorsham

Good for little old Horsham though.
Login to get fewer ads

Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:17 - Nov 22 with 1376 viewsRyorry

Anyone know what the specific infringement was?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:18 - Nov 22 with 1370 viewsFreddies_Ears

Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:13 - Nov 22 by Horsham

Good for little old Horsham though.

I knew their Chairman really well some tears back (did a fair bit of work with him, as did Mrs FE, kn his day job in the insurance industry). He took over the Chairmanship of Horsham when the club was in need, and, I recall, no-one else stepped forward. I'm chuffed for him.
Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:20 - Nov 22 with 1354 viewshoppy

Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:17 - Nov 22 by Ryorry

Anyone know what the specific infringement was?

For fielding an ineligible player during their First Round Proper Replay against Horsham on Tuesday 14 November 2023. The player was ineligible for this Replay, as he was not correctly registered and eligible for the original First Round Proper match on Friday 3 November 2023, which constitutes a breach of FA Cup Rule 103.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:34 - Nov 22 with 1299 viewsRyorry

Not looking good for Barnsley on 17:20 - Nov 22 by hoppy

For fielding an ineligible player during their First Round Proper Replay against Horsham on Tuesday 14 November 2023. The player was ineligible for this Replay, as he was not correctly registered and eligible for the original First Round Proper match on Friday 3 November 2023, which constitutes a breach of FA Cup Rule 103.

Ah, ta, just a 'registration' thing then. Sounds like a massive fingerwagging, if not worse, coming up for someone.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024