Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Ashton - woah 11:18 - Dec 8 with 1857 viewsKeno

if you havent watched Life a Pitch please do

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Mark Ashton - woah on 11:47 - Dec 8 with 1743 viewsSwansea_Blue

Interesting about the amount of due diligence they do on the character of potential signings. Trawling through their soical media accounts to see who they follow, who follows them, how they behave. And speaking to team mates, coaches, etc. about how they are as people and not just players.

I guess that rules out a role for Joey Barton!

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:04 - Dec 8 with 1637 viewsSwansea_Blue

Foundation stuff is excellent by the way.

His comments on Blue Action's coach welcome for the Naarwich game are good too - "if you're going to do it, do it properly". Wants the numbers (at least) that were for the Exeter game.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:08 - Dec 8 with 1593 views_clive_baker_

The timing of this one wasn't ideal for me.

I got sacked on FM24 last night. Rome wasn't built in a day, I just needed some more time and thought I had traded very well in the transfer market.

So feck Ashton and feck the fans who I thought were ridiculous on social media.
Mark Ashton - woah on 12:09 - Dec 8 with 1592 viewsSitfcB

I honestly think he’s a changed man since his Bristol City days of what they all say is true.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:20 - Dec 8 with 1509 views_clive_baker_

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:09 - Dec 8 by SitfcB

I honestly think he’s a changed man since his Bristol City days of what they all say is true.

Or perhaps they just had salty tears in their eyes.

Probably a bit of both. Seems aware enough to learn from mistakes, but more than that he's probably been a bit of a scape goat for a lot of their fans. They'll likely have no idea what he was and wasn't responsible for, what he did well and less well. The facts are he made a shed load on player trading, left them with a shiny new training ground and financially grew their top line massively from the club he joined. There's likely some good, bad and ugly that sits around all of that, but they're all quantifiable and undeniable. Everyone will have an opinion though.

To a large degree I think the on field performance will dictate a lot of the narrative, and as MA says there's only so much he can control. Fine lines innit. If we finish 3rd and lose in the playoffs last season people would've be saying he spent a lot of money and failed. The better KM and the team does the more credit everyone other cog in the wheel will get, and vice versa.
Mark Ashton - woah on 12:40 - Dec 8 with 1371 viewsEJP

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:08 - Dec 8 by _clive_baker_

The timing of this one wasn't ideal for me.

I got sacked on FM24 last night. Rome wasn't built in a day, I just needed some more time and thought I had traded very well in the transfer market.

So feck Ashton and feck the fans who I thought were ridiculous on social media.

For clarity to assist with the decision in an up or down vote, at what point of the season did you take over at ITFC? Removing McKenna is an immediate down vote in my book.
Mark Ashton - woah on 12:45 - Dec 8 with 1328 views_clive_baker_

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:40 - Dec 8 by EJP

For clarity to assist with the decision in an up or down vote, at what point of the season did you take over at ITFC? Removing McKenna is an immediate down vote in my book.

Took over summer 2023. I did feel a bit bad for McKenna, but it's a dog eat dog world, I had to look after number 1 and thought I could continue his good work.

I felt sorry for the fans that McKenna had been sacked after promotion to make way for me, especially when I had us 16th after about 30 games, including a 4-3 home defeat to Norwich AND getting knocked out of the League Cup by them. I was looking forward to getting my revenge at Carrow Road but, alas, Ashton relieved me of my duties.

Need to find a new club now and build my reputation. My aim is to get the town job back again at some point.
Mark Ashton - woah on 12:55 - Dec 8 with 1250 viewsEJP

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:45 - Dec 8 by _clive_baker_

Took over summer 2023. I did feel a bit bad for McKenna, but it's a dog eat dog world, I had to look after number 1 and thought I could continue his good work.

I felt sorry for the fans that McKenna had been sacked after promotion to make way for me, especially when I had us 16th after about 30 games, including a 4-3 home defeat to Norwich AND getting knocked out of the League Cup by them. I was looking forward to getting my revenge at Carrow Road but, alas, Ashton relieved me of my duties.

Need to find a new club now and build my reputation. My aim is to get the town job back again at some point.

My down vote has cancelled out the up vote you had .
Login to get fewer ads

Mark Ashton - woah on 13:43 - Dec 8 with 1065 viewsIllinoisblue

Mark Ashton - woah on 12:09 - Dec 8 by SitfcB

Experience and life wisdom play into that; and as we saw with him getting emotional talking about the loss of his dad, the losing a loved one can change your thinking and alter your focus.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024