Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us 08:35 - Dec 10 with 2488 viewsbillabasblue

Despite being on an incredible run of form which would be considered championship winning form most seasons.

Reading Leeds fans arrogant comments usually on posts relating to Ipswich they are convinced that it’s inevitable they will overtake us however the above would suggest it’s far from the formality they think. Having the points in the bag is far better than being the ones chasing as we found out last season against Plymouth when despite having our incredible run their 6 point advantage in January could never be overturned.
IMO Leeds simply HAVE to beat us on the 23rd any other result would make us huge favourites to get an automatic spot.
[Post edited 10 Dec 2023 8:43]
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 08:41 - Dec 10 with 2426 viewsMK1

As long as we carry on anywhere near the form we are in, we do not need to worry about anybody else. We have won 15 out of 20. If we win 12-15 of the next 20 then we are going up.
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 09:41 - Dec 10 with 2229 viewsPlums

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 08:41 - Dec 10 by MK1

As long as we carry on anywhere near the form we are in, we do not need to worry about anybody else. We have won 15 out of 20. If we win 12-15 of the next 20 then we are going up.

Our reaction to the defeat at WBA has been fantastic. The team not only has talent, a hard work ethic but resilience too. As you say, we just need to keep doing what we're doing. December is a tough month but we're well equipped to deal with any bumps.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 12:37 - Dec 10 with 1955 viewsorfordbuoy

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 09:41 - Dec 10 by Plums

Our reaction to the defeat at WBA has been fantastic. The team not only has talent, a hard work ethic but resilience too. As you say, we just need to keep doing what we're doing. December is a tough month but we're well equipped to deal with any bumps.

Encouragingly, I thought, was many on the Saints' forum felt that automatics were now out of reach. Our form was described by more than one as 'relentless'.

The psychology of sport.
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 13:08 - Dec 10 with 1871 viewsNthsuffolkblue

If we were 7 points behind and on our current form I think we would see our chances as fairly slim.

However, if Leeds were to beat us and win a game where we lose, the gap would be cut to just 1 point. We need to maintain our form that's all.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 13:45 - Dec 10 with 1766 viewsdirtyboy

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 13:08 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

If we were 7 points behind and on our current form I think we would see our chances as fairly slim.

However, if Leeds were to beat us and win a game where we lose, the gap would be cut to just 1 point. We need to maintain our form that's all.

That's why I'm just enjoying how it's going.

We do have a tough run, a derby game which is basically a cup match and could go anyway, it's not a normal game.

Leeds and Watford away could seriously derail our prospects.

BUT even if Leeds to overtake us, it's still not over. There will be a lot of football to play until the end of the season and a few more twists i'm sure.

Still loving every moment, better than my wildest expectations.
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 14:01 - Dec 10 with 1711 viewspointofblue

I still expect Leeds to overtake us, due to strength in depth and I'm sure they'll spend heavily in January. They have a strong squad as it is. But our season has been remarkable, and we just have to enjoy every minute.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 14:07 - Dec 10 with 1679 viewsFrimleyBlue

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 13:08 - Dec 10 by Nthsuffolkblue

Why can't we just have a season where the top two run away. This 3rd in the battle is annoying lol.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 14:17 - Dec 10 with 1628 viewsHerbivore

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 14:01 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

I still expect Leeds to overtake us, due to strength in depth and I'm sure they'll spend heavily in January. They have a strong squad as it is. But our season has been remarkable, and we just have to enjoy every minute.

They could be susceptible to losing players in January as well though in a way that we are much less likely to be. They couldn't really have been on a better run of form than they've been over the last ten games or so and yet they are still 7 points behind us. It's not going to be easy to stay where we are by any means, but Leeds would swap places with us in a heartbeat so we have to acknowledge that we're in a strong position currently. Yesterday was, on paper, one of our toughest remaining fixtures and we won it relatively comfortably. We're a very good side.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 14:21 - Dec 10 with 1616 viewsChurchman

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 14:01 - Dec 10 by pointofblue

They might, they might not. As others have said, we just need to focus on what we are doing. Let Leeds supporter and the rest say whatever they like.

There is something special about this Ipswich team and squad. It’s not often you see a group of players as together as that. It has the ability to tear teams apart in periods of games and has shown skill, grit and determination. The response to losing at WBA has been remarkable. Three opponents deservedly dispatched.

So Leeds and Leicester might strengthen in Jan. So might we. Leeds and Leicester might view us as lucky nobodies. Who cares. I hope they do. As it goes, I think this team will get stronger in the second half of the season, just as it did last year.

Now that really would upset arrogant Leeds fans, let alone the mob up the road.
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 15:49 - Dec 10 with 1456 viewsMK1

That's a lot of if's.
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 16:09 - Dec 10 with 1379 viewsMullet

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 13:45 - Dec 10 by dirtyboy

That's why I'm just enjoying how it's going.

We do have a tough run, a derby game which is basically a cup match and could go anyway, it's not a normal game.

Leeds and Watford away could seriously derail our prospects.

BUT even if Leeds to overtake us, it's still not over. There will be a lot of football to play until the end of the season and a few more twists i'm sure.

Still loving every moment, better than my wildest expectations.

I hate Leeds. I hope they go into admin and Harrogate overtake them.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 16:20 - Dec 10 with 1311 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

The thing is if we beat Watford and Norwich we can actually afford to drop points against Leicester and Leeds, the thing is we won’t win all four but we won’t lose all four either!
Last ten games Leeds have made up just 2 points over us on 09:58 - Dec 11 with 928 viewsCrawfordsboot

Interestingly Leeds next six games include West Brom, us, Preston, Sunderland, Birmingham and Coventry.
I think we can expect them to drop a few points out of those games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024