Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hutchinson Chance 16:21 - Dec 18 with 1954 viewskizaitfc

I keep going back over that Hutchinson chance on the rebound after Broady's shot.

Surely he should just smash it first time?

I assume being left footed he didn't have the confidence to do, or thought he may be able to cut back and leave an easier chance.

Not throwing blame at him, he may well have shanked it into the top of the north stand if he did hit it first time. Just a chance my brain keeps going back to

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Hutchinson Chance on 16:22 - Dec 18 with 1933 views_clive_baker_

Easy after the event, but yeah agreed. Should've been greedy with that and sent it back goalward 1st time. Couldn't believe he didn't at the time.
Hutchinson Chance on 16:23 - Dec 18 with 1909 viewshomer_123

Should we not have been out of sight by then?

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Hutchinson Chance on 16:24 - Dec 18 with 1897 viewsTractorCam

Haven't seen it back yet, I also felt he should have smashed it but then when he did have it still it seemed quite wide of the goal.

Of course had he shot over we would all be asking why he didn't control it and cut it back.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Hutchinson Chance on 16:25 - Dec 18 with 1876 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Hutchinson Chance on 16:23 - Dec 18 by homer_123

Yes.

We should have won that 4/5-2. Ordinarily we would have but the occasion just got to our lot a bit.
Hutchinson Chance on 16:29 - Dec 18 with 1829 viewskizaitfc

Most definitely.

Maybe had it been down our end the two Broady chances would be clearer in my mind.

Ultimately, we are the side going in the right direction and with an exciting Jan window to come you can only be excited for the final 5 months of the season.

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Hutchinson Chance on 16:29 - Dec 18 with 1829 viewsBseaBlue

This. Especially the 2 Broady chances. I actually thought the second one from him was worse as he had the time to set himself and still missed the target. Add in the Burns chance and Burgess header over the bar (albeit a much tougher chance) and we really should have been home and dry by half time.

Plenty of positives in terms of our dominance of the game and the fact the scum are celebrating a draw against us pretty much says everything about where we are in comparison to them!
Hutchinson Chance on 16:31 - Dec 18 with 1801 viewsOsborneOneNil

Hutchinson Chance on 16:29 - Dec 18 by BseaBlue

This. Especially the 2 Broady chances. I actually thought the second one from him was worse as he had the time to set himself and still missed the target. Add in the Burns chance and Burgess header over the bar (albeit a much tougher chance) and we really should have been home and dry by half time.

Plenty of positives in terms of our dominance of the game and the fact the scum are celebrating a draw against us pretty much says everything about where we are in comparison to them!

Not forgetting Burns cross/shot that was superbly cleared by Duffy.
Hutchinson Chance on 16:32 - Dec 18 with 1798 viewsSteve_M

Shame he had only just come on, had he been more up to speed in the match then he might have done.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Hutchinson Chance on 16:35 - Dec 18 with 1752 viewsBigCommon

Don't think there are any confidence issues with Hutch, at all... Fresh from scoring at Watford and grabbing the ball off of more senior players to take that free kick in the same game....
Just a wrong decision, imo, when he followed up on that shot. Decision making is something in any youngsters game that can usually be improved on.. He had ice in his veins with his Watford goal, no nerves or lack of confidence, imo.
Hutchinson Chance on 16:38 - Dec 18 with 1730 views_clive_baker_

Hutchinson Chance on 16:35 - Dec 18 by BigCommon

Don't think there are any confidence issues with Hutch, at all... Fresh from scoring at Watford and grabbing the ball off of more senior players to take that free kick in the same game....
Just a wrong decision, imo, when he followed up on that shot. Decision making is something in any youngsters game that can usually be improved on.. He had ice in his veins with his Watford goal, no nerves or lack of confidence, imo.

He didn't score at Watford.

Edit: Just realised you mean Boro, yeah that was a good finish. Agree with you though, he's about 14 years old, has bags of ability but still has a lot of learning to do, you've got to expect that.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:40]
Hutchinson Chance on 16:39 - Dec 18 with 1729 viewsblueislander

Hutchinson Chance on 16:35 - Dec 18 by BigCommon

Wasn’t it a very tight angle and a defender was on the post, so it wasn’t that easy.
Hutchinson Chance on 16:50 - Dec 18 with 1653 viewsLeoMuff

Hutchinson Chance on 16:39 - Dec 18 by blueislander

Wasn’t it a very tight angle and a defender was on the post, so it wasn’t that easy.

It was a tough chance no doubt but Gunn was grounded, if he hit it high and hard it was in, also could have squared it to Harness.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Hutchinson Chance on 16:52 - Dec 18 with 1637 viewsWestSussexBlue

I’ve watched a few times, had he took the shot first time and scored, I would say we’d have won comfortably. Two quick goals to come from behind and lead would have really rocked them.
They were lucky to get their Two goals as it was.
Only Hutch knows why he didn’t shoot but it puzzles and annoys me in equal measure.
Hutchinson Chance on 17:00 - Dec 18 with 1583 viewslongtimefan

Hutchinson Chance on 16:52 - Dec 18 by WestSussexBlue

I’ve watched a few times, had he took the shot first time and scored, I would say we’d have won comfortably. Two quick goals to come from behind and lead would have really rocked them.
They were lucky to get their Two goals as it was.
Only Hutch knows why he didn’t shoot but it puzzles and annoys me in equal measure.

Mistake we made was scoring first. Norwich love a 2-0 lead
Hutchinson Chance on 17:12 - Dec 18 with 1543 viewsVaughan8

If its the other side he whacks it back.

It got to be his right foot he didn't feel he could do it............which lets be frank, players should be fairly confident using both feet. However, no certainty he would have scored.
Hutchinson Chance on 17:17 - Dec 18 with 1513 viewsSawtrich

From the angle shown on Town in 5 it looks like a really good chance to me, would've put it in if it was on his left foot I'm sure.
Hutchinson Chance on 17:21 - Dec 18 with 1474 viewsBigCommon

Hutchinson Chance on 16:38 - Dec 18 by _clive_baker_

He didn't score at Watford.

Edit: Just realised you mean Boro, yeah that was a good finish. Agree with you though, he's about 14 years old, has bags of ability but still has a lot of learning to do, you've got to expect that.
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 16:40]

Its all a blur, lol... Got my games mixed up...
Hutchinson Chance on 18:06 - Dec 18 with 1325 viewsstrikalite

Hutchinson Chance on 17:12 - Dec 18 by Vaughan8

If its the other side he whacks it back.

It got to be his right foot he didn't feel he could do it............which lets be frank, players should be fairly confident using both feet. However, no certainty he would have scored.

Yep 100%, on his left side he'd have no doubt tucked that away or at the very least tried too, on his weaker foot instinctively he didn't fancy it..
Hutchinson Chance on 18:14 - Dec 18 with 1281 viewsExiled2Surrey

Hutchinson Chance on 16:31 - Dec 18 by OsborneOneNil

Not forgetting Burns cross/shot that was superbly cleared by Duffy.

I think Burgess had three pretty good headers that he put over the bar, and a couple of them were close. On another day two of our players would have hatricks
Hutchinson Chance on 18:30 - Dec 18 with 1236 viewsnorfsufblue

Hutchinson Chance on 18:14 - Dec 18 by Exiled2Surrey

I think Burgess had three pretty good headers that he put over the bar, and a couple of them were close. On another day two of our players would have hatricks

When Elkan Baggott finally get in the team I do think we are going to benefit in corner ball situations.... some players( when talking about centre halfs) have it and some don't, Burley certainly had a clutch of them
[Post edited 18 Dec 2023 20:21]
Hutchinson Chance on 19:25 - Dec 18 with 1108 viewsHighgateBlue

Hutchinson Chance on 16:25 - Dec 18 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Yes.

We should have won that 4/5-2. Ordinarily we would have but the occasion just got to our lot a bit.

Apparently the xG figures were Ipswich 2.29 v 0.76 Norwich.

Does this mean that xG is a load of old rubbish? Or that "we should've scored 5" is perhaps a rose-tinted analysis? Or that Norwich were clinical? Or that the real problem was in our defence?

Not sure I know, to be honest...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024