Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Goal nets & Stanchions. 14:46 - Dec 24 with 1316 viewsBluespeed225

Anyone else on this FB page? Anyway, someone has done their top 100, all with links to footage. We make an appearance for our 82’ efforts (Stoke 82’, we lose 3-2) and the Spurs cup game in 94’, for the infamous white posts. Well worth a lazy afternoons watching, great footage from around the world from the 50’s onwards.
Goal nets & Stanchions. on 14:52 - Dec 24 with 1272 viewsnorfsufblue

I do like the old classics.. the Upton Park hoops... the Stamford bridge extra large, with dodgy nets!.... and Hampden parks never ending nets!
Goal nets & Stanchions. on 14:57 - Dec 24 with 1254 viewsgainsboroughblue

Can't have a thread like this without linking this classic goal.

Or this controversial moment

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Goal nets & Stanchions. on 15:41 - Dec 24 with 1169 viewsRadlett_blue

Goal nets & Stanchions. on 14:57 - Dec 24 by gainsboroughblue

I was watching the Brooking goal in a club bar after playing cricket. when his shot went in, the room went silent as everyone tried to work out if it was a goal or not. I'm proud to say I was confident & led the cheering.
Jimmy Hill was always a staunch supporter of stanchions!

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Goal nets & Stanchions. on 16:51 - Dec 24 with 1086 viewsBluespeed225

Goal nets & Stanchions. on 14:57 - Dec 24 by gainsboroughblue

Highfield Road gets a mention. There’s some Maltese ones that we played with in 62’, but England came up against a few years later. There’s one set with 4 stanchions! I did enjoy The Big Match opening titles showed some beauties from mid 60’s to 83’. Hampdens’ were indeed elegant, fascinating as a kid. Remember Mick Mills looking back as Dalgieshs’ weak shot went through Clemence lags in 76’. Says St Etienne bought them for their museum as they claimed a shot by them that struck a post would have gone in had they been round and not square and so cost them the 76’ euro cup!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 18:47]
Goal nets & Stanchions. on 19:53 - Dec 24 with 933 viewsnorfsufblue

Goal nets & Stanchions. on 16:51 - Dec 24 by Bluespeed225

Highfield Road gets a mention. There’s some Maltese ones that we played with in 62’, but England came up against a few years later. There’s one set with 4 stanchions! I did enjoy The Big Match opening titles showed some beauties from mid 60’s to 83’. Hampdens’ were indeed elegant, fascinating as a kid. Remember Mick Mills looking back as Dalgieshs’ weak shot went through Clemence lags in 76’. Says St Etienne bought them for their museum as they claimed a shot by them that struck a post would have gone in had they been round and not square and so cost them the 76’ euro cup!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2023 18:47]

Goal nets & Stanchions. on 20:36 - Dec 25 with 691 viewsBluespeed225

Goal nets & Stanchions. on 19:53 - Dec 24 by norfsufblue

I was waiting for this one to appear in the Chelsea entry, but it slipped through the net ( no pun intended). A classic of the genre .
Goal nets & Stanchions. on 21:35 - Dec 25 with 614 viewsPlums

I joined the group on the basis of your post. It was a rabbit hole I had no idea existed. Thanks for the post (intended).

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024