Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement 11:54 - Dec 27 with 4607 viewsle2blue

Michael Obafemi at Burnley. Young (23) and mobile and good at pressing. Not playing at Burnley but has a track record in this division and experience in the premier league. I reckon he could be one that Kieran could really develop, has a pathway via Southampton academy and will be known to KM from his time at Spurs as Obafemi was at a numebr of london teams. Burnley paid £4M for him, so likely in our price range.

As an aside, think the club would do well to get Scowy back into our scouting team, he's currently at Palace as one of their European scouts, something we will need in the years ahead.
I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 11:47 - Dec 28 with 255 viewsITFCBlues

I liked Scowy's forward suggestion for Hirst replacement on 15:28 - Dec 27 by Mullet

Divin Mubama is out of contract and won't sign a new one at West Ham atm. Only 19 but might be worth seeing if we can tempt him here.

Cauley Woodrow is someone I've always liked but even not playing for Luton, being there again might be too much to tempt him back down.

Keiffer Moore might fancy a go here now, especially with his Wales team mates here.

Danny Loader no longer seems to get games at Porto - injured in September and didn't make the squad much on his return. He would be an ambitious gamble given his talent and development out there. A deal here with an eye on selling him would be

Lukas Nmecha seems in a similar position at Wolfsburg who aren;t doing well this season.

Delap could be moved here instead much like Stansfield if we can convince the parent clubs it's better for them financially and for their player to be in a promotion chase under McKenna.

I think it's going to be fascinating to see what the club is willing to spend, where it sees itself in terms of deal and what that means for how we approach this window. The fact we can offer potential Premier League football if they play their part and a spell under McKenna are two massive weapons to leverage for Ashton.

Only problem with a lot of that list is that they're not playing - so wouldn't be ready to hit the ground running.

Moore would fit the bill for what's needed though - although hasn't really got the pace of Hirst. Also really like Delap - but not sure how easy of a deal that'd be to do, especially with Hull doing as well as they are.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024