Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Player thoughts 22:24 - Dec 29 with 789 viewsRobTheMonk

I'll start with the players that came in:

- Williams looked poor. Tired looking and lackadaisical on the ball at times.
- Ball is a safe pair of hands. Lacks the marauder mentality of Morsy.
- Humprhies did alright in the second half when it looked like he was told to hug the line and break forward. I think he needs a loan to a League 1 team to be playing central rather than auxiliary left back.
- Ladapo had one good chance and then looked poor throughout.
- Hutch had one of those games where nothing really came off for him. His crossing was really, really poor. It's all well and good having the tricks to beat your man, but there needs to be an opportunity created. Even if it's a cross where the defender has to head away. Too many went out of play or were easy for Begovic to claim.

The regulars:

- Hladky did everything that was asked at him as per usual. He's excellent at that sweeper keeper role
- Wolfie was also excellent througout.
- Burgess defensively was great. More misplaced balls than usual going forward.
- Luongo was fine.
- I'm going to place Harness and Chaplin in the 'Not done any favours by the frontman' group. Hirst brings others into play so, so well. Ladapo unfortunately didn't do that tonight.

Subs:

- Jackson brought energy straight away. Ran the lines well but couldn't find a cross in a church.
- Taylor was busy. Like him a lot.
- Clarke did quite well. No complaints there.
- Buabo did his job pretty well. Made the ball stick and looked to bring others into play.
- Aluko had a few nice touches as expected but came on too late to make a difference.

One of those games where too many enforced changes definitely effected the flow of the team. A point isn't awful in the grand scheme of things, especially with 75% of our main front line out along with our assist master.

January transfer window is going to be interesting!
Player thoughts on 22:29 - Dec 29 with 670 viewsRadlett_blue

Good assessment. I'm no fan of Ball, although in fairness he hasn't played much football. An average Championship squad player at best. I would start Taylor ahead of him.
Humphreys did really well in the 2nd half until he understandably got tired & I would have no qualms about playing him at LB again.
I thought giving Aluko a playing contract for this season was an odd decision.
As Hirst isn't returning soon, a striker is a huge priority.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Player thoughts on 22:46 - Dec 29 with 478 viewsKropotkin123

Ladapo had two excellent chances. One was saved, which on first viewing, was more luck than judgement. The other was just before when he was clear through on goal, had a bad touch and then decided to turn around rather than take it with his left.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024