Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ 23:30 - Dec 29 with 3285 viewstextbackup

Fck up mate, who cares what norwich do, especially when we’ve just drawn vs a poor team.

He needs to be in the Wolsey doing panto, not a football ground

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:32 - Dec 29 with 2930 viewsSitfcB

…and the Leeds result after that, doesn’t really matter when Southampton are only 3 points behind now!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:32 - Dec 29 with 2925 viewspointofblue

And Leeds were losing too - he made sure to mention that. Funnily enough, omitted Southampton's score, which someone close to me pointed out...

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:33 - Dec 29 with 2887 viewsNeedhamChris

Thought I was alone in being wound up by that. As you say, who cares!

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:34 - Dec 29 with 2875 viewsgainsboroughblue

The one thing that grates me on 'Life is a Pitch' is that pantomime booing every time Norwich is mentioned that he encourages. Its cringeworthy.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:34 - Dec 29 with 2860 viewsTresBonne

He is a complete and utter melt who thinks its a stadium full of children. That Dave bloke who did it against Leicester was so much better.
Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:36 - Dec 29 with 2809 viewsReuser_is_God

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:34 - Dec 29 by gainsboroughblue

The one thing that grates me on 'Life is a Pitch' is that pantomime booing every time Norwich is mentioned that he encourages. Its cringeworthy.

I can’t watch it because of that.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:45 - Dec 29 with 2690 viewstextbackup

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:34 - Dec 29 by gainsboroughblue

Jesus Christ just don’t…

That’s on par with Butcher mentioning they went to the pub a lot back in them days, and he kicked people.

Watched 2/3 of them but can’t bring myself to anymore.

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:52 - Dec 29 with 2595 viewsKieran_Knows

The obsession this fan base has with Norwich, albeit they’re our rivals is so embarrassing.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:53 - Dec 29 with 2554 viewstextbackup

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:52 - Dec 29 by Kieran_Knows

The obsession this fan base has with Norwich, albeit they’re our rivals is so embarrassing.

It’s proper tinpot bo11ocks

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:00 - Dec 30 with 2497 viewsBasingstokeBlue

We came away with a point, despite having 5 or 6 key players unavailable That's a result.

"vs a poor team" - this was actually an achievement, considering the personnel available..

Get somebody to buy you a ticket and actually go to FPR, you Moaning Minnie.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 0:01]

Poll: What do you think of the three stars being relocated?

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:05 - Dec 30 with 2406 viewstextbackup

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:00 - Dec 30 by BasingstokeBlue

We came away with a point, despite having 5 or 6 key players unavailable That's a result.

"vs a poor team" - this was actually an achievement, considering the personnel available..

Ah sht man, did I forget to go to the game tonight! Silly me, what a waste of a season ticket seat I’ve held for about 30 years!!

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ (n/t) on 00:06 - Dec 30 with 2381 viewsNeedhamChris

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:00 - Dec 30 by BasingstokeBlue

For someone throwing around the term Moaning Minnie, you've sure come on here for a moan. The main gist of the OP was about Mark Murphy
[Post edited 30 Dec 2023 0:08]

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:08 - Dec 30 with 2331 viewsSitfcB

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:05 - Dec 30 by textbackup

Ah sht man, did I forget to go to the game tonight! Silly me, what a waste of a season ticket seat I’ve held for about 30 years!!

Haven’t you only been in that seat for a couple of years?

Sorry

COYB

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:09 - Dec 30 with 2309 viewsLankHenners

Very odd that he keeps banging on about the Norwich score all the time, it's something a child would do. Or the sort of tinpot thing Norwich would do themselves.

Another, admittedly very small and insignificant, thing he does which annoys me is when he reads the subs out pre-match but keeps switching up whether he says the number or the name first - just comes across like he's half-arsing it.

I know some people think the other guy, Dave Vant, is a bit over enthusiastic but I'd have him over Murphy all day long - part of the job is to be a bit of a hype man and he does it well imo.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:10 - Dec 30 with 2280 viewsSitfcB

A point is a point, and I’ll always give a little cheer to Norwich losing but MM always goes way over the top with it.

Scores used to get read out at FT at PR and if Norwich lost a little wheyyy would be let out and that was that, but to make a big thing of it is cringe. He did it at HT as well.

COYB

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:12 - Dec 30 with 2217 viewsDmodeboy

He annoys me when he's reading out the team and he's going so fast he's out of time with the big screen. So the players names and images are coming up 2 minutes after he's said it.

The guy who's filled in is miles better all round. And he doesn't get the teams name wrong either. Did Mark Murphy call Plymouth Leeds? I can't remember which team it was..
Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:13 - Dec 30 with 2204 viewsMeadowlark

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 23:34 - Dec 29 by TresBonne

He is a complete and utter melt who thinks its a stadium full of children. That Dave bloke who did it against Leicester was so much better.

I agree that the budgies hating, or even noticing, is cringeworthy, but the PA bloke we had for Leicester - and he's been on before - is so clichéd he's even more embarrassing.
But, we all have different opinions.

I just wish that sometimes they would all stf up.
Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:19 - Dec 30 with 2124 viewsLankHenners

Also, surprised someone at the club hasn't told him to shut up about the 'march to the premier league' he goes on about after every game - the whole attitude from McKenna and the players is to be humble and, publicly at least, refuse to mention it but he feels the need to bring it up on the mic all the time.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:25 - Dec 30 with 2012 viewstextbackup

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:08 - Dec 30 by SitfcB

Haven’t you only been in that seat for a couple of years?

Sorry

‘That’ seat… that statement is true, graced many others tho

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:26 - Dec 30 with 2004 viewstextbackup

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:13 - Dec 30 by Meadowlark

I agree that the budgies hating, or even noticing, is cringeworthy, but the PA bloke we had for Leicester - and he's been on before - is so clichéd he's even more embarrassing.
But, we all have different opinions.

I just wish that sometimes they would all stf up.

Bring back Rob Chandler

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:49 - Dec 30 with 1849 viewsSitfcB

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:26 - Dec 30 by textbackup

Bring back Rob Chandler

This x 100

COYB

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:57 - Dec 30 with 1800 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:26 - Dec 30 by textbackup

Bring back Rob Chandler

I actually think that it’s time, I know he retired but he would improve the match day presentation ten fold as well as Town TV. I think it would be worth asking him what money he would like to come back and help lift us again.
Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 06:41 - Dec 30 with 1563 viewsITFCson

Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 00:19 - Dec 30 by LankHenners

Also, surprised someone at the club hasn't told him to shut up about the 'march to the premier league' he goes on about after every game - the whole attitude from McKenna and the players is to be humble and, publicly at least, refuse to mention it but he feels the need to bring it up on the mic all the time.

Quite right. Bizarre to allude to another point towards our march to the premier league at the final whistle given last nights results our march actually lost ground.

And how about Saturday when Norwich play Saints. If we were at home would he be telling the crowd with delight that Southampton have won when we actually want Norwich to be winning that one 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 08:07 - Dec 30 with 1367 viewsEastTownBlue

I wasn’t particularly impressed when he made a number of references about going top of the league at Portman Road with a win before kick off against Norwich.
Mark Murphy ‘oh well you’ll all be please to hear norwich lost’ on 09:14 - Dec 30 with 1157 viewsChurchman

I don’t really listen to Mark Murphy in the ground tbh. I’m generally boring the people around me to tears or 8n my own dream like state. But I agree that the references to Norwich in particular are cringeworthy and unnecessary.

As for Life’s a Pitch, I watch it and think it’s a bit of fun, depending on the guest. Especially the funny bloke with the red hat at the desk!😉. Mark Murphy is enthusiastic and seems to keep the programme to its agenda (not that I have a clue about such things), but yes the Norwich references/boo and the inflatable budgie do irritate me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024