Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Kiefer Moore 11:45 - Jan 4 with 8068 viewsFrankMarshall

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/leeds-united-

Frank Marshall

Kiefer Moore on 11:47 - Jan 4 with 5716 viewsBlueBadger

*Le Sigh*

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Kiefer Moore on 11:50 - Jan 4 with 5626 viewsKieran_Knows

Very much hopeful that is just lazy journalism given were after a striker this month.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Kiefer Moore on 11:51 - Jan 4 with 5609 views_clive_baker_

Not sure the Sun is the most reliable of sources for football news, but it doesn't surprise me that the top Championship sides are looking at him. That's where he's most likely to end up I would think. I don't understand the negativity towards it as an option from some on here, I would have him in a heartbeat.
Kiefer Moore on 11:52 - Jan 4 with 5581 viewshomer_123

Kiefer Moore on 11:51 - Jan 4 by _clive_baker_

Not sure the Sun is the most reliable of sources for football news, but it doesn't surprise me that the top Championship sides are looking at him. That's where he's most likely to end up I would think. I don't understand the negativity towards it as an option from some on here, I would have him in a heartbeat.

Not sure the Sun is the most reliable of sources for news - there, fixed it for you.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Kiefer Moore on 11:52 - Jan 4 with 5553 viewsSitfcB

Kiefer Moore on 11:50 - Jan 4 by Kieran_Knows

Very much hopeful that is just lazy journalism given were after a striker this month.

Big Keiffer to come and fire us to promotion!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Kiefer Moore on 11:52 - Jan 4 with 5555 views_clive_baker_

Kiefer Moore on 11:52 - Jan 4 by homer_123

Not sure the Sun is the most reliable of sources for news - there, fixed it for you.

Good point well made.
Kiefer Moore on 11:52 - Jan 4 with 5549 viewsStokieBlue

I think it's more about the system of striker.

He's not a running focal point like Hirst. He would do well for some Champ club but he's not really what our system needs.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Kiefer Moore on 11:54 - Jan 4 with 5493 viewstractorboy1978

I wouldn't be against it as a second option but I don't think he's what we need as the Hirst replacement. We need someone to lead the press. And doubt he'd come here to be the last 20 minutes off the bench guy.
Login to get fewer ads

Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 11:54 - Jan 4 with 5511 viewsBloots

....what is lazier, the journalism, or the "he's not mobile enough" narrative.

I can only assume our fans still think he's the same player he was 7 years ago.

He plainly isn't.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Kiefer Moore on 11:56 - Jan 4 with 5464 viewsitfcsuth

Kiefer Moore on 11:52 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

He's not a running focal point like Hirst. He would do well for some Champ club but he's not really what our system needs.

SB

He is a very similar profile to a Colby Bishop - somebody we have been admirers of for a while.

I personally think he would be a really good addition - I also think his 'lack of mobility' narrative is incorrect.
[Post edited 4 Jan 11:57]
Kiefer Moore on 11:59 - Jan 4 with 5393 views_clive_baker_

Kiefer Moore on 11:52 - Jan 4 by StokieBlue

SB

Not sure I agree really. He's not the immobile carthorse some are making him out to be. Hirst's movement is fantastic, a real asset and one we'll struggle to replace. He's such intelligent footballer and very natural forward, a big blow that he's injured. I wouldn't put Moore in the same bracket in that respect, but he has the physicality and ability to pin defenders and create for those around him which is what we desperately lack with Freddie. He's a handful, I do quite rate him and think he's unfairly pigeon holed as a bit of a throwback 'big man', when in reality he's more than that.

We need someone who can come in fit and ready to hit the ground running. He's familiar with the club, knows Broadhead and Burns from Wales duty. I don't see too many better alternatives either, everyone seems to be looking for a striker.
Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 11:59 - Jan 4 with 5397 viewsKieran_Knows

Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 11:54 - Jan 4 by Bloots

....what is lazier, the journalism, or the "he's not mobile enough" narrative.

I can only assume our fans still think he's the same player he was 7 years ago.

He plainly isn't.

But he's never been someone who leads the press? Runs the channels? Whether than was with us 7 years ago, or all of his moves since.

He'll hold the ball up and bring others in to play, but Hirst's role is a lot more than that.

Kiefer Moore on 12:01 - Jan 4 with 5272 viewsStokieBlue

Kiefer Moore on 11:56 - Jan 4 by itfcsuth

He is a very similar profile to a Colby Bishop - somebody we have been admirers of for a while.

I personally think he would be a really good addition - I also think his 'lack of mobility' narrative is incorrect.
[Post edited 4 Jan 11:57]

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.

Whenever I have seen him he simply doesn't press from the front in the same way Hirst does (although in reality it might be nearly impossible to find someone in our price range who does press like Hirst).

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 12:04 - Jan 4 with 5221 viewsSomethingBlue

Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 11:59 - Jan 4 by Kieran_Knows

But he's never been someone who leads the press? Runs the channels? Whether than was with us 7 years ago, or all of his moves since.

He'll hold the ball up and bring others in to play, but Hirst's role is a lot more than that.

Agree with CB on this – Moore isn't exactly Micky Quinn, I don't think you'd see him press as ferociously as Hirst but I've always felt he works the channels pretty adeptly when that's needed. Still not that old and nowadays you don't have the career he's gone on to enjoy if you can't move well.

I'd have him here but would note any links seem very speculative and also suspect that, if it came down to a bunfight over several weeks between three or four clubs, we'd step out.
[Post edited 4 Jan 12:04]

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Kiefer Moore on 12:05 - Jan 4 with 5174 viewshomer_123

Kiefer Moore on 11:59 - Jan 4 by _clive_baker_

Not sure I agree really. He's not the immobile carthorse some are making him out to be. Hirst's movement is fantastic, a real asset and one we'll struggle to replace. He's such intelligent footballer and very natural forward, a big blow that he's injured. I wouldn't put Moore in the same bracket in that respect, but he has the physicality and ability to pin defenders and create for those around him which is what we desperately lack with Freddie. He's a handful, I do quite rate him and think he's unfairly pigeon holed as a bit of a throwback 'big man', when in reality he's more than that.

We need someone who can come in fit and ready to hit the ground running. He's familiar with the club, knows Broadhead and Burns from Wales duty. I don't see too many better alternatives either, everyone seems to be looking for a striker.

I've stated this so many times already - the role that KM sets out for the lone forward - isn't merely about being mobile.

He is the trigger for the press when we look to defend from the front and win possession. The work off the ball that is required of this role is huge - I suspect that a lot of people are not watching Hirst whilst our defenders have the ball. Hirst isn't 'pinning' a defender at all.

It's much more about pulling defenders out of position and creating space and opportunity when he doesn't have the ball. The unselfish work is immense and sets the tone of play for the whole squad.

It's not merely about being mobile.

Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 12:07 - Jan 4 with 5114 viewsKieran_Knows

Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 12:04 - Jan 4 by SomethingBlue

Agree with CB on this – Moore isn't exactly Micky Quinn, I don't think you'd see him press as ferociously as Hirst but I've always felt he works the channels pretty adeptly when that's needed. Still not that old and nowadays you don't have the career he's gone on to enjoy if you can't move well.

I'd have him here but would note any links seem very speculative and also suspect that, if it came down to a bunfight over several weeks between three or four clubs, we'd step out.
[Post edited 4 Jan 12:04]

I don't think Moore is a particularly bad player, but given how we play, I don't see how his 'style' fits in with what we do? If you play to Moore's strengths, which as others have pointed out is pinning defenders, back to goal work and bringing others in to play, then I don't doubt that he's had a successful career. But that's simply just not how we play.

As SB, think we will agree to disagree on Moore and hopefully we've got someone similar to Hirst lined up.

Kiefer Moore on 12:08 - Jan 4 with 5085 viewsbobbyramsey

He's currently playing at a higher level than any of our existing players would have dreamt of.

He must have something about him that our current squad don't have?
Kiefer Moore on 12:08 - Jan 4 with 5071 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Maybe Kieffer Moore could in fact play in the Ipswich system, but just appears to be a different type of player to a Hirst because Bournemouth and/or Wales play a different way to Ipswich.

Also there surely aren't many (or any) players playing Premiership and international football who significantly lack physical mobility or they wouldn't be there.

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Kiefer Moore on 12:10 - Jan 4 with 5021 viewshomer_123

Kiefer Moore on 12:08 - Jan 4 by bobbyramsey

He's currently playing at a higher level than any of our existing players would have dreamt of.

He must have something about him that our current squad don't have?

Of course he does. This is more about round holes and square pegs.

If we look at the way we play and players knowing exactly what is expected of them within the system we play - it's hard to see KM bringing in players than cannot fulfill the majority of those requirements.

Especially in the Jan transfer window.

Kiefer Moore on 12:13 - Jan 4 with 4919 views_clive_baker_

Kiefer Moore on 12:05 - Jan 4 by homer_123

I've stated this so many times already - the role that KM sets out for the lone forward - isn't merely about being mobile.

He is the trigger for the press when we look to defend from the front and win possession. The work off the ball that is required of this role is huge - I suspect that a lot of people are not watching Hirst whilst our defenders have the ball. Hirst isn't 'pinning' a defender at all.

It's much more about pulling defenders out of position and creating space and opportunity when he doesn't have the ball. The unselfish work is immense and sets the tone of play for the whole squad.

It's not merely about being mobile.

He is, he's constantly pinning defenders. His movement is as good as I've seen in a Town forward in literally years, he's frighteningly good. He's such a natural forward in his positioning and decision making.
Kiefer Moore on 12:16 - Jan 4 with 4839 viewschicoazul

That Mick really knew a player eh?

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Kiefer Moore on 12:19 - Jan 4 with 4804 viewsNthQldITFC

Kiefer Moore on 11:59 - Jan 4 by _clive_baker_

I think someone like Moore could work if we slightly modify the system with Burns sharing the front of the press with him when we're out of possession. This might in turn make us a little more exposed at RB and RCM though, but we're probably dynamic enough right across the pitch to adjust to that, although communication might need to improve.

# WE ARE STEALING THE FUTURE FROM OUR CHILDREN --- WE MUST CHANGE COURSE #
Poll: It's driving me nuts

Kiefer Moore on 12:29 - Jan 4 with 4643 viewsChampionsofInnsbruck

Why on earth would Leeds want him with their attacking options and style? I would take ANY of theirs over Moore. Leeds have an immense squad, he wouldn't even be starting there would he?
Kiefer Moore on 12:40 - Jan 4 with 4492 views_clive_baker_

Kiefer Moore on 12:29 - Jan 4 by ChampionsofInnsbruck

Why on earth would Leeds want him with their attacking options and style? I would take ANY of theirs over Moore. Leeds have an immense squad, he wouldn't even be starting there would he?

Their attacking depth is nuts. Wonder if Moore to Leeds would free up Gelhardt to come to us? Might be free enough to move on anyway, we were interested in the last window IIRC. Leeds might see us as someone they don't want to trade with right now though if there's other interest in him.
Anyway, it's irrelevant because.... on 12:47 - Jan 4 with 4392 viewsBloots

Agreed, it's difficult to work out.... on 12:07 - Jan 4 by Kieran_Knows

I don't think Moore is a particularly bad player, but given how we play, I don't see how his 'style' fits in with what we do? If you play to Moore's strengths, which as others have pointed out is pinning defenders, back to goal work and bringing others in to play, then I don't doubt that he's had a successful career. But that's simply just not how we play.

As SB, think we will agree to disagree on Moore and hopefully we've got someone similar to Hirst lined up.

...we're gonna sign Derry Scherhant from Hertha Berlin.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024