Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton upping the ante 21:27 - Jan 5 with 8093 viewsWhos_blue

What a colossal C U next Tuesday.

BBC News - Joey Barton: ITV criticises 'vindictive remarks' from ex-footballer towards female commentators
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67897623

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Barton upping the ante on 22:25 - Jan 5 with 1412 viewsPlums

Barton upping the ante on 21:55 - Jan 5 by RedX

I have.

He has made a fair few comments and I agree with some and not others. I haven’t said which ones I agree/disagree with.

Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.
Loads of people (me included at times) have cut Barton slack over the years because he's been seen as coming up the hard way but he's shown his true colours in recent weeks.
The bloke's a misogynistic grifting tw*t.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Barton upping the ante on 22:28 - Jan 5 with 1398 viewsRedX

Barton upping the ante on 22:16 - Jan 5 by Nutkins_Return

What is your argument ffs?! Clearly he can say stuff because he is.

You are getting all bent up because other people are saying stuff back. Do you see the irony here??!

Barton can and is saying stuff (absolutely pathetic guff as normal). Other people are saying stuff back. (so everybody is saying what they like) and then YOU don't like what's being said back so YOU are saying "can't say anything" at people saying stuff. Dear oh dear.

I’m not getting “bent up” or anything else.

I posted my opinion and if you want to call me a “cock” or an “utter melt” you’ll get it back. Simple.

Whst’s your argument? Relax a little and you might find one.
Barton upping the ante on 22:33 - Jan 5 with 1372 viewsRedX

Barton upping the ante on 22:25 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

Man of mystery here. Wonder which ones you agree with.

Man of mystery?
Barton upping the ante on 22:39 - Jan 5 with 1346 viewsIllinoisblue

Barton upping the ante on 22:33 - Jan 5 by RedX

Man of mystery?

Sorry, did I assume your gender?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Barton upping the ante on 22:40 - Jan 5 with 1350 viewsBABLUE

Barton upping the ante on 21:41 - Jan 5 by RedX

The problem these days is people are not entitled to have an opinion without some getting their knickers in a twist. He makes some fair points but you can’t say anything that goes against the grsin these days.

It’s nice to see you supporting a racist misogynist scumbag.

I hope you like his podcast
Barton upping the ante on 22:46 - Jan 5 with 1321 viewsRedX

Barton upping the ante on 22:39 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

Sorry, did I assume your gender?

What’s my gender got to do with anything?
Barton upping the ante on 22:47 - Jan 5 with 1313 viewsStokieBlue

Barton upping the ante on 22:28 - Jan 5 by RedX

I posted my opinion and if you want to call me a “cock” or an “utter melt” you’ll get it back. Simple.

If you don't like cock we can just go with "Weirdly insecure lower lifeform yokel" but when we abbreviate it that does mean we have to call you "willy".

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Barton upping the ante on 22:52 - Jan 5 with 1294 viewsRedX

Barton upping the ante on 22:40 - Jan 5 by BABLUE

It’s nice to see you supporting a racist misogynist scumbag.

I hope you like his podcast

Ah thanks.

Can you provide any evidence of me supporting any racist or mysogynist commments?

The fourth post in this thread has backed one of Barton’s opinions. Has anyone had a go off that poster? 🤷🏽‍♂️
Login to get fewer ads

Barton upping the ante on 22:53 - Jan 5 with 1282 viewsRedX

Barton upping the ante on 22:47 - Jan 5 by StokieBlue

If you don't like cock we can just go with "Weirdly insecure lower lifeform yokel" but when we abbreviate it that does mean we have to call you "willy".

SB

Thanks
Barton upping the ante on 22:55 - Jan 5 with 1283 viewsVegtablue

On the subject of commentators/pundits, I think there are some really good female ones now. Izzy Christiansen is top drawer. Aluko isn't imo, but focusing on her gender, when we have so many poor male pundits in the industry, reveals all one needs to know about Joey.
[Post edited 5 Jan 22:57]
Barton upping the ante on 23:00 - Jan 5 with 1262 viewsVegtablue

Barton upping the ante on 22:52 - Jan 5 by RedX

Ah thanks.

Can you provide any evidence of me supporting any racist or mysogynist commments?

The fourth post in this thread has backed one of Barton’s opinions. Has anyone had a go off that poster? 🤷🏽‍♂️

I haven't been reading Joey's twitter closely, but I thought his main focus for some time now has been to remove female voices from male sport. Is this wrong?
Barton upping the ante on 23:02 - Jan 5 with 1250 viewsNutkins_Return

Barton upping the ante on 22:28 - Jan 5 by RedX

I'd didn't call you either of those things. I did question 'the state' of your opinion.

My statement (argument) was clear: your statement made no sense i.e 'you can't say anything' is patently not true and it's ironic you were annoyed at people saying stuff in response.
Nailed it on 23:12 - Jan 5 with 1228 viewsunstableblue

Barton upping the ante on 22:55 - Jan 5 by Vegtablue

On the subject of commentators/pundits, I think there are some really good female ones now. Izzy Christiansen is top drawer. Aluko isn't imo, but focusing on her gender, when we have so many poor male pundits in the industry, reveals all one needs to know about Joey.
[Post edited 5 Jan 22:57]

There are poor male pundits and there are poor female pundits.

There are also good male pundits - I like Pat Nevin on the radio
And some really good female pundits - I like Sue Smith for one

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

Barton upping the ante on 23:24 - Jan 5 with 1198 viewsWhos_blue

The problem these days is people are not entitled to have an opinion without some getting their knickers in a twist. He makes some fair points but you can’t say anything that goes against the grsin these days.

I genuinely like to hear both sides, even when I don't agree.
It either strengthens my own view or reinforces why I continue to dislike an opposing view.
I'm interested in hearing his fair points. There's a chance I may also agree if I heard some.
All I see and hear is him being a massive bellend, so would be good to hear the case for the defence.
I'm also interested in this grain you mention.
What comments has he made that go against the grain?
Is Barton wrong or is it the grain that's wrong?

Barton upping the ante on 23:25 - Jan 5 with 1199 viewsNutkins_Return

The problem these days is you can't call out scum like Joey Barton without WillyfromWembley getting his knickers in a twist!
Barton upping the ante on 23:25 - Jan 5 with 1184 viewsIllinoisblue

Barton upping the ante on 22:46 - Jan 5 by RedX

What’s my gender got to do with anything?

You’re the one who asked the question.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Barton upping the ante on 23:28 - Jan 5 with 1192 viewsRedX

Barton upping the ante on 23:00 - Jan 5 by Vegtablue

I haven't been reading Joey's twitter closely, but I thought his main focus for some time now has been to remove female voices from male sport. Is this wrong?

Of course it’s wrong. Only an ignorant fool would think otherwise.

Look at the likes of Sherwood and Merson. I’d listen to my grandmother’s opinions over those two.

My point is more about people being allowed opinions without being attacked, abused and shouted down. It would be boring if we all agreed all the time.
[Post edited 5 Jan 23:31]
Barton upping the ante on 23:34 - Jan 5 with 1168 viewsStokieBlue

Barton upping the ante on 23:28 - Jan 5 by RedX

Look at the likes of Sherwood and Merson. I’d listen to my grandmother’s opinions over those two.

My point is more about people being allowed opinions without being attacked, abused and shouted down. It would be boring if we all agreed all the time.

This is one of the major problems in society, the falsehood which has taken hold that all opinions are valid and carry equal weight.

It's simply not true

If an opinion is verifiably wrong or offensive it should be called out and challenged. Claiming a "but both sides" equivalence isn't acceptable anymore and rightly so.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Barton upping the ante on 23:35 - Jan 5 with 1156 viewsWhos_blue

I think we all cherish the concept of free speech, but you must agree that also comes with responsibility?
If an opinion is complete bobbins ( as most of what Barton says seems to be) then the concept of freedom of speech must surely allow an opposing response?

Barton upping the ante on 23:36 - Jan 5 with 1149 viewsBABLUE

Barton upping the ante on 22:52 - Jan 5 by RedX

Ah thanks.

Barton is a racist misogynist scumbag.

You are supporting him.

The end
Barton upping the ante on 23:44 - Jan 5 with 1124 viewsPrrrromotionGiven

Hilarious that you try to imply Barton is somehow being silenced by saying you can't go against the grain when his comments are plastered everywhere and it's the most relevant he's been in years. Especially as his comments basically amount to wanting to actually deplatform someone else, the commentators in question.
Barton upping the ante on 01:29 - Jan 6 with 1021 viewsBlueBadger

What is it you like best about Joey Barton? The failed football career, the failed management career, the criminality or the tragically obvious appeal to wife beaters that you appear tp have fallen for?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Barton upping the ante on 04:36 - Jan 6 with 966 viewsVegtablue

Sorry that was an ambiguous question, I wasn't meaning to seek clarification from you on that. I was wondering what other arguments he's made lately, particularly the ones you've agreed with. It wouldn't surprise me if I agree with Joey on multiple issues, but the divergences I know about are enough to make me think he's a deeply unpleasant bloke.
Barton upping the ante on 05:50 - Jan 6 with 950 viewstcblue

These days
You get arrested and jailed
Just for saying you're English
Barton upping the ante on 07:42 - Jan 6 with 870 viewsPowrigan

Barton upping the ante on 05:50 - Jan 6 by tcblue

These days
You get arrested and jailed
Just for saying you're English

And the usual TWTD massive would be praising the police for doing so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024