Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton upping the ante 21:27 - Jan 5 with 7929 viewsWhos_blue

What a colossal C U next Tuesday.

BBC News - Joey Barton: ITV criticises 'vindictive remarks' from ex-footballer towards female commentators
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67897623

Distortion becomes somehow pure in its wildness.

Barton upping the ante on 07:58 - Jan 6 with 1062 viewsHerbivore

Barton upping the ante on 23:28 - Jan 5 by RedX

Of course it’s wrong. Only an ignorant fool would think otherwise.

Look at the likes of Sherwood and Merson. I’d listen to my grandmother’s opinions over those two.

My point is more about people being allowed opinions without being attacked, abused and shouted down. It would be boring if we all agreed all the time.
[Post edited 5 Jan 23:31]

Attacking and abusing people is Barton's MO and is precisely what he's been doing to female pundits and commentators lately. You seem to think his abuse of these individuals should be tolerated and respected, which is rather an odd take, rather than people pointing out he's a weapons-grade bellend, which he clearly is. As has already been pointed out, claiming "you can't say anything these days" when people are responding to something someone has literally said is utter gubbins. The right to free speech doesn't come with a right that what you say has to be respected.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Barton upping the ante on 08:21 - Jan 6 with 1033 viewsNutkins_Return

Barton upping the ante on 05:50 - Jan 6 by tcblue

These days
You get arrested and jailed
Just for saying you're English

I'm assuming the down arrow is not warranted here and this is a highly amusing bit of parody? In which case superb.
Barton upping the ante on 08:25 - Jan 6 with 1024 viewsHerbivore

Barton upping the ante on 08:21 - Jan 6 by Nutkins_Return

I'm assuming the down arrow is not warranted here and this is a highly amusing bit of parody? In which case superb.

On reflection I think you're right, so I've cancelled out my down arrow. Sadly there are some posters on here who would say that unironically.

Barton upping the ante on 08:28 - Jan 6 with 1018 viewsNutkins_Return

Look at the likes of Sherwood and Merson. I’d listen to my grandmother’s opinions over those two.

My point is more about people being allowed opinions without being attacked, abused and shouted down. It would be boring if we all agreed all the time.

Barton is allowed an opinion. In fact he could put out an evidenced based opinion on thinking a pundit is poor etc. He didn't do that. He went after all women football pundits essentially and then doubled down day after day, taking it up a notch and to the ridiculous and disgusting comments he came out with yesterday.

These clips of female pundits live getting a word muddled up or forgetting a name to make them look dreadful is really poor as well in my opinion. On live TV this actually happens all the time with footballers being brought on to shows Men/Women. It takes a lot of time I get comfortable in front of the camera. Anyone remember when Matt Holland started. He was really nervous and poor for quite a long time. He's really comfortable and professional these days. Town TV is getting more polished by the week and they are all ex pro men. You'd be able to pull so many bad clips of them in the army days though and even some now.
Barton upping the ante on 08:42 - Jan 6 with 987 viewsDubtractor

Barton upping the ante on 08:25 - Jan 6 by Herbivore

On reflection I think you're right, so I've cancelled out my down arrow. Sadly there are some posters on here who would say that unironically.

It's from a Stewart Lee routine.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Barton upping the ante on 08:45 - Jan 6 with 970 viewsHerbivore

Barton upping the ante on 08:42 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

It's from a Stewart Lee routine.

Ah. I'm not a Stewart Lee fan *ducks* so it went over my head.

Barton upping the ante on 08:52 - Jan 6 with 954 viewsDubtractor

Barton upping the ante on 08:45 - Jan 6 by Herbivore

Call yourself a card carrying woke lefty and you don't like Stewart Lee?

The routine in question is pretty old now, and involves Lee taking the role thar Red x has taken in this thread, and getting increasingly agitated about how 'you can't say anything these days', culminating in the bit matey posted in the thread. The phrase 'these days' gets used about 100 times.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Barton upping the ante on 09:37 - Jan 6 with 876 viewsMJallday

Barton upping the ante on 22:52 - Jan 5 by RedX

Ah thanks.

Can you provide any evidence of me supporting any racist or mysogynist commments?

The fourth post in this thread has backed one of Barton’s opinions. Has anyone had a go off that poster? 🤷🏽‍♂️

They wouldn’t dare :)

For the record. JB is an odious , horrible individual who should be consigned to a very small dark locked Room for a very long time , and subjected to 24 hours on repeat of “cest la vie” by b*witched

As far as agreeing with his points - I’ll give you some clarity - II agree there are good and poor female commentators and I agree that eluko is poor (although with time etc..)

I do not agree that all female commentators should “stick to their own game”. That’s a very outdated view and should be consigned to history

It’s quite simple

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Login to get fewer ads

Barton upping the ante on 09:51 - Jan 6 with 839 viewsCheltenham_Blue

"It would be boring if we all agreed all the time."

1) Are you new here?
2) This sentence in a thread where no-one agrees with you?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Barton upping the ante on 09:57 - Jan 6 with 825 viewsBlueBadger

Bigotry and ignorance should never go unchallenged.

Unless you're some kind of of VVankey 'yes but'-er or a leading anti-bullying advocate on a football forum.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Barton upping the ante on 10:00 - Jan 6 with 814 viewsBlueBadger

Barton upping the ante on 22:52 - Jan 5 by RedX

Ah thanks.

Can you provide any evidence of me supporting any racist or mysogynist commments?

The fourth post in this thread has backed one of Barton’s opinions. Has anyone had a go off that poster? 🤷🏽‍♂️

This whole thread here where you're suggesting that bigoted individuals be allowed to openly express their bigotry without any kind of comeback and that said bigoted individuals have a 'fair point' is pretty strong evidence, I'd suggest.
[Post edited 6 Jan 10:05]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Barton upping the ante on 10:06 - Jan 6 with 779 viewsBlueBadger

Barton upping the ante on 21:55 - Jan 5 by RedX

I have.

He has made a fair few comments and I agree with some and not others. I haven’t said which ones I agree/disagree with.

Toxic lefty-ism by BlueBadger 26 Nov 2023 18:42
I love a bit of centrist dad bothsidsing.

'Sure Nigel Farage is far right crook claiming to be patriotic whilst addressing rallies for neo-nazis who's wilful deception of gullible sections of the public have poisoned public debate for over a decade now but on the other side, someone on a football forum has called him a frog-faced old bigot'.

Barton upping the ante on 10:07 - Jan 6 with 781 viewsMattinLondon

Barton upping the ante on 08:45 - Jan 6 by Herbivore

Not a big fan myself but here is the sketch in question.

Barton upping the ante on 10:15 - Jan 6 with 754 viewsBlueBadger

Barton upping the ante on 21:51 - Jan 5 by davblue

Appears to be having a break down. Dangerous language being used and enabling dinosaurs.

I don’t think Aluko is a good pundit but as others have said there’s plenty of bad males.

'Appears to be having a break down'.

You occasional reminder here that being a c**t isn't actually a mental illness.

Barton upping the ante on 10:18 - Jan 6 with 746 viewsdavblue

Barton upping the ante on 10:15 - Jan 6 by BlueBadger

'Appears to be having a break down'.

You occasional reminder here that being a c**t isn't actually a mental illness.

Fair.
Barton upping the ante on 10:21 - Jan 6 with 737 viewsMullet

Barton upping the ante on 08:52 - Jan 6 by Dubtractor

Call yourself a card carrying woke lefty and you don't like Stewart Lee?

The routine in question is pretty old now, and involves Lee taking the role thar Red x has taken in this thread, and getting increasingly agitated about how 'you can't say anything these days', culminating in the bit matey posted in the thread. The phrase 'these days' gets used about 100 times.

Lee is sh1t anyway.

Mark Lamarr with no charisma.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Barton upping the ante on 10:24 - Jan 6 with 727 viewsMK1

He's a knob and should be ignored.
Barton upping the ante on 10:25 - Jan 6 with 726 viewsMeadowlark

The state of this thread......
Barton upping the ante on 10:26 - Jan 6 with 727 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Barton upping the ante on 22:07 - Jan 5 by RedX

But it’s true that you can’t say sfa these days without a load of “MattinLondons” abusing you for having a different opinion to them.

Barton is a fool but it doesn’t mean he’s wrong in everything he says.

Don’t be such a cock.

So you believe in freedom of speech when it comes to somebody running a highly public campaign against some women who are doing their jobs, including comparing them to two sadistic child-abusing murderers, but if someone says the word "cock" to you in reply that is "abuse"?

And then that is proof that "you can't say anything"?

No, you can say things. Barton said things. You said things. And then other people said things back.

It looks like you want to be able to say things and have everyone agree with you, which is a different thing from free speech entirely.

Free speech means being able to respond freely to self-promoters, egotists, narcissists, misogynists, racists, homophobes, left wingers, right wingers, climate change deniers, climate change activists, the wokerati, Top Gear presenters, Tory MPs on TV channels with incredibly low viewing figures, the Secretary General of the United Nations, comedians with opinions or anyone else

The tragedy of Joey Barton is that he wanted to be considered an intelligent footballer, like Eric Cantona, on and off the field. But on the field he was a ringer for Danny Tiatto, and off it for him out of Right Said Fred.
Barton upping the ante on 10:29 - Jan 6 with 710 viewsMullet

His twitter feed is an absolute bin fire this morning but this one seems certain to see him on gofundme soon enough

Barton upping the ante on 10:44 - Jan 6 with 665 viewsEwan_Oozami

Barton upping the ante on 10:25 - Jan 6 by Meadowlark

The state of this thread......

I know! Mullers saying he doesn't like Stewart Lee? Shocking!!!

Just one small problem; sell their houses to who, Ben? Fcking Aquaman?
Poll: What else could go on top of the cake apart from icing and a cherry?

Barton upping the ante on 10:45 - Jan 6 with 671 viewsblueasfook

Barton upping the ante on 10:29 - Jan 6 by Mullet

His twitter feed is an absolute bin fire this morning but this one seems certain to see him on gofundme soon enough

He's definitely lost the plot hasn't he. I think he needs to delete his twitter and stay off social media for his own good.

Hunk trapped in a slob's body.
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

Barton upping the ante on 10:47 - Jan 6 with 646 viewsMullet

Barton upping the ante on 10:44 - Jan 6 by Ewan_Oozami

I know! Mullers saying he doesn't like Stewart Lee? Shocking!!!

TBH it's as much about the people who profess to love him as it is him.

Barton upping the ante on 10:48 - Jan 6 with 640 viewsNutkins_Return

Barton upping the ante on 10:21 - Jan 6 by Mullet

Lee is sh1t anyway.

Mark Lamarr with no charisma.

He's outstanding. But totally understand how he wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea
Barton upping the ante on 10:48 - Jan 6 with 639 viewsSchancheITFC

Barton upping the ante on 07:42 - Jan 6 by Powrigan

And the usual TWTD massive would be praising the police for doing so.

Correct
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024